Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Ripping off Jobseekers!! (Read 2,472 times)
Shiggaddi

Saltash, Cornwall
Ripping off Jobseekers!!
Nov 17th, 2004 at 5:17pm

I'm in the process of looking for an alternative job.

Having just read our local job paper, and looked in the jobcentre, there are alot of companies wanting potential new recruits to call their them on non geographic numbers.

If you're a customer, you have some clout and can ask your insurance company to provide a geographical number instead.

But, the other week, I had to call Royal Mail, and be put on a queueing system, to ask about a job on an 0845 number.  Since it was a telephone interview, I could hardely kick up a fuss about it.  Also, in trying to score brownie points, I gave them my real home number, and not my 0871 number.

Jobseeker direct ask you to call their 0845 number, although in fairness, you can ask someone at the desk, or use a telephone on the wall, and press 1, to connect straight to Jobseeker direct.

Some adverts include employment agencies using 0870 numbers, and some large companies as well.

This puts up the cost of applying for jobs, And spending between 50p-£1 on short telephone interviews can become quite expensive, and is another smack in the teeth for unemployed, or people like myself, who are unhappy in their current job.  And when you're trying to score any small brownie points, complaining about them using 0870/0845 isn't going to make a good first impression.

The best advice is, use jobcentre phones!!  They allowed me to call for a job, and just said "press 9, then dial the number" or "If the advert has jobseeker direct, then just press 1, or come to the desk"

I realy hait itt wen peeple canot spel proply. Itt getts onn mye nervs sew mutch annd streses mee owt. Knot onley iz itt vary bade speling butt allso bade gramer.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: DaveM, Forum Admin, CJT-80, bbb_uk, Dave)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge