Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Everybody's doing it! (Read 3,891 times)
reggie

Everybody's doing it!
Nov 30th, 2004 at 2:50pm

A friend contacted the communications director of a large PLC which produces consumer products seeking a Geographic number for their customer help line and pointing out the iniquities of the NGN ripoff. I thought the reply might be of interest to you

"I visited the web site you mentioned today, and as you referred to our Bxxx xxx plc division 1 checked under the initial letter ‘B’ where I found 138 listings. Looking further, I was immediately struck by the number and wide span of the companies, bodies and other interests that are included; everyone from commercial organisations to Government departments through to Constabularies.

The use of an 0870 or 0845 prefixed number is therefore widespread. This does not I feel place these number within the premium category where typically rates of £1 or £1.50 per minute, or above, are charged. Any very small revenue we derive is used to improve upon the service ~ve give to the consumer. It allows us to incorporate skill based routing of calls and to calculate the correct staffing levels to ensure an optimum service."

These people are obviously teflon coated!

IP Logged

Tanllan
Supreme Member

Re: Everybody's doing it!
Reply #1 - Nov 30th, 2004 at 3:01pm

So it's widespread and in one (yes, one!) of the PRS ranges and so that's OK.

Time to sell one's shares? Or boycott purchasing their goods and services?

What other such narrow justifications do they use - in staff management for example...   Sad

IP Logged

bill
Ex Member

Re: Everybody's doing it!
Reply #2 - Nov 30th, 2004 at 3:26pm

By that "... it's widespread, so it's alright ..." contorted logic, I'm off shoplifting tomorrow!
« Last Edit: Nov 30th, 2004 at 3:28pm by bill »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: bbb_uk, Forum Admin, DaveM, CJT-80, Dave)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge