Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 8
Send Topic Print
WHERE DID YOU HEAR ABOUT SAYNOTO0870.COM ?? (Read 275,845 times)
angie.bragg

Re: WHERE DID YOU HEAR ABOUT SAYNOTO0870.COM ??
Reply #15 - Mar 30th, 2005 at 12:58pm

Very happy new member - found out about you from the Motley Fool - another brilliant website. Am introducing SAYNO to the CAB where i work. Lots of our clients cannot afford to make calls to their creditors so we do it for them and this will save us a lot on our phone bill - a large expense  for us with our very limited funds.

angie

IP Logged

kraftdinners

simply delicious

St leonards on Sea , East S.
Reply #16 - Mar 30th, 2005 at 5:10pm

Hi All. Came across the site via a Radio Ham site, very good info on here, being ex B.T I could have strangled Mz Thatcher at the time and even now... Grin

Regards

IP Logged

NonGeographicalMan
Ex Member

Reply #17 - Mar 31st, 2005 at 11:55am

Quote:
being ex B.T I could have strangled Mz Thatcher at the time and even now... Grin

Personally I could strangle BT for still behaving like a state monopolist in most parts of the country without a cable phone line alternative (i.e. all of the rural parts and all of the smaller towns).

Where BT has competition on carrying the calls for 01 and 02 calls prices have fallen dramatically but where there is not competition because it has a near monopoly on terminating most of the calls (i.e. 0870) prices have not fallen.

Ditto my BT line rental is £168 a year including Caller Display and Call Waiting that are Free of Charge on my no line rental Pay as You Go mobile but the standing charge for my metered water supply is by comparison jusr £20 a year.  Now do you think that £168 a year just to keep that thin piece of 20 year old copper wire connected to the exchange before I make a single call is value for money?

Also why is it that BT is allowed to sell wholesale line rental to its competitors at a price no better than that which it charges its own domestic telecoms consumers (i.e £10.50 per month)?  Normally wholesale prices are at least 50% of the retail price, bearing in mind that BT won't have to provide customer service, billing, etc, etc, to these customers?

Your thoughts on this are eagerly anticipated.

IP Logged

dorf
Supreme Member

I hate Qs on Premium NGNs

UK
Reply #18 - Mar 31st, 2005 at 1:06pm

I entirely agree, but that is what you get when you "privatise monopolies"! The whole problem goes back to the way in which the previous Conservative government privatised so many state monopolies, without due diligence, in their desparation to get the funds into the government coffers, to conceal the true state of the UK's finances under their economic mismanagement and nepotism. Not that I think the present government are any better, in fact they are worse, because the fundamental problem we have in the UK is that we do not have true democracy and as a result we now get a succession of corrupt and incompetent governments!

Look at your water bills this year; another example of the same problem. Look at what has happened with the raiilways. Any school boy studying elementary Economics knows that monopolies are a bad thing. If you pass a state monopoly into the hands of private investors you will get what you deserve. That is what corruption and stupidity leads to.

I am not sure however that this topic is the correct place for this discussion. Dave please move if you feel it would be better?
« Last Edit: Mar 31st, 2005 at 8:32pm by dorf »  

Ofcom are completely ineffectual

IP Logged

NonGeographicalMan
Ex Member

Reply #19 - Mar 31st, 2005 at 1:20pm

Quote:
I am not sure however that this topic is the correct place for this discussion. Dave please move if you feel it would be better?

Dorf,

We don't seem to have a forum section for discussing the state of the country as far as I can see.  So I think Site Related is as close as we can get.

By the way I have no problem with my water bill.  Even if they charged 50% more for the stuff it would still be a bargain compared to BT.

BT is still bloated with thousands of staff it doesn't need selling pointless job preserving scams like Friends & Family

IP Logged

Shiggaddi

Saltash, Cornwall
Reply #20 - Mar 31st, 2005 at 2:25pm

By the way I have no problem with my water bill.  Even if they charged 50% more for the stuff it would still be a bargain compared to BT.

You obviously don't live in the South West!! lol.
« Last Edit: Mar 31st, 2005 at 2:26pm by Shiggaddi »  

I realy hait itt wen peeple canot spel proply. Itt getts onn mye nervs sew mutch annd streses mee owt. Knot onley iz itt vary bade speling butt allso bade gramer.

IP Logged

NonGeographicalMan
Ex Member

Reply #21 - Mar 31st, 2005 at 2:37pm

Quote:
By the way I have no problem with my water bill.  Even if they charged 50% more for the stuff it would still be a bargain compared to BT.

You obviously don't live in the South West!! lol.

Are you metered for your water though?

If not get one straight away as I think you will find that your water bill will be slashed, even if you have a wife and 2 kids.

Of course the South West is a lot less densely populated which might result in it costing a lot more to supply H2O.

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #22 - Mar 31st, 2005 at 4:09pm

I've continued this topic in The UK's privatised telephone network in Geographical Numbers Chat. I can't move individual posts, so when a thread starts to go off course, please do what I've done and start another one and link to the original post. Smiley

Please feel free to continue talking about the original thread topic WHERE DID YOU HEAR ABOUT SAYNOTO0870.COM ??

IP Logged

Kiwi_g

Reply #23 - Apr 10th, 2005 at 9:09am

I first heardf about SAYNOTO0870.COM from a salesman from The Utility Warehouse.  I often phone Canada/USA and had been using "Telediscount" using an 0845 number which was my "best friend number"  This cost under 1p per minute evenings and weekends. 

When approached by a company offering cheaper phone services I always ask how much it would cost to call North America.  This time, I also continued on and moaned abount 0870 numbers.  That's when the salesman told me about SAYNOTO0870.COM .

Thanks to him I am now using 1899.

IP Logged

shagsby

Don't Get Mad Get EVEN

Portsmouth
Reply #24 - Apr 20th, 2005 at 9:35am

Picked the site up from Modshack and loads of support from everyone over there

IP Logged

deejon

Reply #25 - Apr 28th, 2005 at 2:52pm

Heard About saynoto0870 from local newspaper.
deejon

IP Logged

SueH

Reply #26 - May 6th, 2005 at 8:18pm

Read about you in Which? mag (May 2005, p.58). A letter from a reader ('Landline Tip') gave details, prompted by an article in the March issue ( 'Breaking the Code', p.33) about 0845 and 0870 numbers. Which? is campaigning for call centres to publish 01 numbers alongside 0845 numbers and for those using 0870 numbers to make it clear how much they cost and how long they're likely to last.

I use mail order catalogues quite a lot (usually by phone cos we don't have broad band yet and it's a bit slow) and have just found landline and FREEFONE numbers for all of them! Keep up the good work!

IP Logged

PleaseHold

Reply #27 - Jul 22nd, 2005 at 5:19pm

Today's Daily Telegraph.  Thanks for a most useful site.

IP Logged

Dai_Banjo

Cymru
Reply #28 - Aug 20th, 2005 at 11:51am

I read about it in Web User magazine (18-31st August 05)

IP Logged

timmy

Reply #29 - Oct 3rd, 2005 at 5:43pm

Got your details from Pistonheads.com

The only reason I set up the account was to thank you guys for an awesome service (had this dodgy company sending me questionable text messages and their customer services number was an 0870/0871 number. Thanks to your site, I was able to by-pass all the 'red-tape' and speak to a human being on a standard regional number. Brilliant!

Smiley Keep up the good work

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 8
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Dave, DaveM, CJT-80, bbb_uk, Forum Admin)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge