Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8
Send Topic Print
WHERE DID YOU HEAR ABOUT SAYNOTO0870.COM ?? (Read 275,827 times)
sandhog

Re: WHERE DID YOU HEAR ABOUT SAYNOTO0870.COM ??
Reply #45 - Apr 9th, 2006 at 7:37pm

Thank you very much, NGM!

That's very helpful.

I'm on free2serve dial up at present and, I have to say, it's not bad. Broadband would be better and easier, I believe.

I don't mind taking chances in life, but I loath being ripped-off bc of my ignorance. I much prefer to ask about others' experiences first. I can always change later, if things don't actually suit me.

I'll be giving the one you mentioned a go, eventually, when I get myself properly organised. Any important feed-back - negative or positive - will be sent into the forum, of course.

regards,

Sandhog.

IP Logged

tezz7628

Reply #46 - May 16th, 2006 at 12:40pm

hello from new member

found out about site from florida forum today

http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/topic_30984.asp

my hatred of these no's began when had sky installed when new 10/12 years ago ??

ringing them to get service knowing it was costing more was really annoying, then later finding out they made money from phone call   Angry  ( x 1000 )

blood pressure used to rise before even making the call

found out much later if you ask for international no's to ring companies you could convert for uk use which helped a bit

IP Logged

semplemac

Reply #47 - Jun 6th, 2006 at 9:51pm

Asked Jeeves how to trace a 0870 number and hey presto there you were!

Visited previously from a search engine also (can't remember which one) but lost the link.

Am passing it on to as many folks as possible.

Thanx for a great site - and more power to your dialling finger!

IP Logged

gudman

Reply #48 - Jun 22nd, 2006 at 12:17am

I HEARD ABOUT THIS SITE FROM READERS DIGEST AND SINCE WHEN I SAVED LOTS OF MONEY. ALSO ABOUT BT'S FREE CALLER DISPLAY I GOT IT FROM HERE BEFORE BT WRITE TO ME, LONG LIVE saynoto0870.com

IP Logged

darkstar

Reply #49 - Jul 21st, 2006 at 9:12am

i spoke to one of teh mods when he rang BT for something.  Grin

IP Logged

dj-webm

Reply #50 - Jul 21st, 2006 at 11:49am

seen an article by Martin Lewis  at Interactive Investor website today  http://www.iii.co.uk/go?c=c36vl2&ID=276&SUB_ID=93&v=3907339

IP Logged

IAVOID0870

South East
Reply #51 - Jul 22nd, 2006 at 5:05pm

Wink I stumbled across this site whilst just generally surfing the net.....

I am glad I did -  Cheesy this excellent site has saved me a small Fortune !!!!  Smiley

I will NEVER call a 08** number now, just out of principle.

I would rather take my business elsewhere.....   Huh   Wink   Wink   Wink

A message to all those companies who persist with 08** numbers - YOU WILL LOSE IN THE END !  Roll Eyes

People are coming wise to the scam very quickly now.   Huh Huh Undecided Undecided

IP Logged

peterjwfrench

Reply #52 - Aug 9th, 2006 at 4:41pm

I heard about this by word of mouth - best  handy site ever - i run a home office and been using mobile , skype because i have an all inclusive package and these stupid 0845 and 0870 and 0871 numbers when you get though and everyone you speak to puts you on hold and now i got this site my bills our going to come don from 100GBP a month which is all the 0845 and 0870 numbers we have to dial to 0.00 because of all the inclusive packages we have good on you! so if your in the warrington area at any time i buy you a drink the least i can do and say thanks and I heard this of a work collgue of mine wish hed tol me earlier!

Many Thanks
Peter French

IP Logged

rogerb

Reply #53 - Aug 14th, 2006 at 1:14pm

This morning I had the horrible experience of contacting the so-called "customer care" line of a major UK domestic appliance manufacturer (why be coy? Whirlpool) who only advertise an 0980 number. Usual runaround, nested menus, foul music, wrong connections, hang-ups etc. Then I remembered that www.moneysavingexpert.com had recommended this site. Found Whirlpool's standard number in seconds, so I could persevere, keep hassling them till I got through to the right person, registered my complaint, and eventually got my query dealt with satisfactorily. I'm hugely impressed with you all - thank you so much! I will evangelise this site as often as I can.

IP Logged

bbb_uk
Global Moderator

Reply #54 - Sep 25th, 2006 at 12:52pm

Well I've been a member since well over a year ago and thought it was time I mentioned how I come across this site.   Smiley

I actually came across this site when I was trying to find a geograhical number for a company (can't remember which one now like) and that's also when I learned that these numbers can earn the company using them a revenue (mostly 087x).

From this site, I then found moneysavingexpert but I can imagine that most forum members heard of this site via MSE.
« Last Edit: Sep 25th, 2006 at 12:53pm by bbb_uk »  

IP Logged

farley

Sunderland
Reply #55 - Oct 7th, 2006 at 10:53am

Article in The times, caught my eye straight away, its just what I have been looking for. I hope it prompts companies to return to the use of standard ttelephone numbers.

IP Logged

eSparkles

Rotherham, UK
Reply #56 - Oct 7th, 2006 at 5:34pm

I heard about this site on the Matthew Wright Show on Thursday morning.  I believe they were talking about stories in the papers but didnt catch which paper they were talking about lol
Erica xx

IP Logged

bbb_uk
Global Moderator

Reply #57 - Oct 7th, 2006 at 7:06pm

eSparkles wrote on Oct 7th, 2006 at 5:34pm:
I heard about this site on the Matthew Wright Show on Thursday morning.  I believe they were talking about stories in the papers but didnt catch which paper they were talking about lol
Erica xx
Welcome.

Funny you should mention that show as their contact number is an 0871 number costing 10p/min from a BT landline.  As with everything these days, costs from other providers, payphones and mobiles can cost more (upto 40p/min from some mobile providers).

BBC were being hypocritical by mentioning this site when they use 0870 numbers almost exclusively but The Wright Show beat the BBC on this occasion by having a 0871 number - the most expensive number to ring bar 09x numbers.

IP Logged

clyde

Glasgow
Reply #58 - Oct 7th, 2006 at 10:23pm

Found the site by a small piece in the Metro paper the other day.

Not all pain is gain&&

IP Logged

evilbunny

Reply #59 - Oct 8th, 2006 at 7:47am

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-replies.cfm?t=602813

Some guys in Australia were looking for cheap DIDs in the UK so family could call them without making an international call and there is a number of providers offering 0845 and 0870 numbers to voip for free, but geographical numbers are cheaper to call.
« Last Edit: Oct 8th, 2006 at 7:49am by evilbunny »  

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Forum Admin, CJT-80, bbb_uk, Dave, DaveM)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge