Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Soke Media (Horse racing tips) (Read 7,909 times)
chinaboy

Soke Media (Horse racing tips)
Dec 30th, 2004 at 1:48pm

As a subscriber to one or two racing tipster services run by a company known as SOKE MEDIA from Milton Keynes,im wondering if anyone can track down a non-0870 access number(although 3U telecom sounds good for these still?). The two numbers I have are 0870 766 0991  and 0870 766 2941, after which you have to enter your 6 digit pin numbers; though this must still be possible with geographical access numbers.
Love the site,registered today, and already joined 18866 !
chinaboy
« Last Edit: Sep 14th, 2005 at 10:59pm by Dave »  

IP Logged

Tanllan
Supreme Member

Re: Soke Media (Horse racing tips)
Reply #1 - Dec 30th, 2004 at 1:57pm

But is this not also one of those cases where the provider funds its service from the income - and so should more properly move to 09X?

Notwithstanding Ofcom's expalantion that simply telling people about the real tariff solves the problem.

IP Logged

Shiggaddi

Saltash, Cornwall
Reply #2 - Dec 30th, 2004 at 8:59pm

From what was said, the service isn't funded by the 0870.

The subscriber pays a regular fee to the horse racing company, for the privilege of unlimited "free" information over the phone.

However you're paying twice, once in the monthly fee, and again, in the revenue from the call.

If however, this 0870 number was available to Jo Public for horse racing tips, for anyone who wanted them, and that was funded out of the 0870 number, then that would of course be different.

I realy hait itt wen peeple canot spel proply. Itt getts onn mye nervs sew mutch annd streses mee owt. Knot onley iz itt vary bade speling butt allso bade gramer.

IP Logged

Tanllan
Supreme Member

Reply #3 - Dec 30th, 2004 at 9:38pm

Tks Shiggaddi - so it is the greedy scam that I suspected...  Angry
« Last Edit: Sep 14th, 2005 at 11:00pm by Dave »  

IP Logged

chinaboy

Reply #4 - Dec 31st, 2004 at 1:20pm

ur right shiggaddi...we pay a fee to the company for the information,and then, as you say,are effectively being charged again for accessing it via the 0870 number. I am convinced there must be a geographical alternative number,tho the guy wont give it to me;even when i said i needed to access it from abroad- i was sure 0870 could not be dialled from abroad?

Yes,Jo Public CAN access similar tips without a subscription,but he will have to use an 090xxx access number at £1.50 per minute-fair enough!this would obviously fund the information.

And just as a ps..i visited my doctor yesterday (Xmas flu Sad  )whose number has also just changed to 0870 ! I complained but he said the benefits of more lines and more interactive facilities justified 0870. I said well actually the practice is making money out of patients' calls;and geographic numbers attached to computers are just as effective!

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #5 - Dec 31st, 2004 at 3:54pm

Hi Chinaboy, can you provide us with more information. The address, website etc.

Have a look at Guide to finding geographical numbersWink

IP Logged

chinaboy

Reply #6 - Jan 7th, 2005 at 8:45pm

yes dave ive tried all that but nothing is coming up! The company dont have a website Sad and their address is
Exchange House  494 Midsummer Boulevard  Milton Keynes MK9 2EA
office phone number is MK based (helpful?) 01908 395243  . advertised as an 0870 number,but he called me back and displayed the above geographic number! maybe its not too big a leap to find a geographic number for the remote access/pin ?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Dave, DaveM, bbb_uk, CJT-80, Forum Admin)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge