Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print
Banned by Alliance & Leicester (Read 151,642 times)
MEMBER02

Re: Banned by Alliance & Leicester
Reply #45 - Oct 21st, 2005 at 10:49am

Just tried calling alliance and leicesters call from abroad number for current account cs,automated voice told me to ring ths 0845 number,so i tried the switchboard only to be told by a rather uninformed lady that she cannot put me through i must call 0845 number,i explained that im on a 24 hour inclusive call package which does not include these numbers,her reply was well you knew these numbers were used when taking the account on,thats maybe why they offer you a attractive intrest rate,i said why not advertise that you will pay better intrest on condition you will have to call rip off numbers to contact us,no reply,she then said its a local call rate,i said it is not,she replied well to some it is,i said a very few only.what a poor company!

IP Logged

TelephoneNut

Reply #46 - Oct 21st, 2005 at 11:03am

Obviously A&L seem to know what number people have dialed.  Has anyone tried calling them on the 01 numbers and with-holding their own number by dialing 141 first.  You never know, maybe this might confuse them.  I know it does Lloyds!!!!

IP Logged

Smasher

UK
Reply #47 - Oct 21st, 2005 at 10:20pm

Quote:
Just tried calling alliance and leicesters call from abroad number for current account cs,automated voice told me to ring ths 0845 number,so i tried the switchboard only to be told by a rather uninformed lady that she cannot put me through i must call 0845 number,i explained that im on a 24 hour inclusive call package which does not include these numbers,her reply was well you knew these numbers were used when taking the account on,thats maybe why they offer you a attractive intrest rate,i said why not advertise that you will pay better intrest on condition you will have to call rip off numbers to contact us,no reply,she then said its a local call rate,i said it is not,she replied well to some it is,i said a very few only.what a poor company!

I have an inclusive package and just call my local branch who are very accommodating since I explained the situation to their Manager.  Funny enough they are able to answer all my queries and sort things out without putting me on hold or harrassing me for not phoning a revenue-raising number.

IP Logged

MEMBER02

Reply #48 - Oct 21st, 2005 at 11:14pm

Yes it works,i dialled 141 then the 0113 number as if i was calling from abroad,then the call was answered by automated service,before being put on hold for 10 minutes waiting for advisor,but at least this call was included in my home telephone talk plan

IP Logged

Smasher

UK
Reply #49 - Oct 22nd, 2005 at 10:35am

Quote:
Yes it works,i dialled 141 then the 0113 number as if i was calling from abroad,then the call was answered by automated service,before being put on hold for 10 minutes waiting for advisor,but at least this call was included in my home telephone talk plan

That is most odd - I have asked BT to set all my outgoing calls as Witheld due to privacy issues, but I always seem to go thru to someone who then abuses me for calling that number.   ???

Are you sure it is the same 0113 number that you dialled.

IP Logged

TelephoneNut

Reply #50 - Oct 22nd, 2005 at 4:13pm

I think the "type" of withheld service may be the reason. eg. if you withhold with 141 then the BT message usually says, "sorry the caller has withheld their number".  However, if you receive a call from various office exchanges or from aboard then the BT message says," Sorry we do not have the caller number to reply".  Maybe an automatic block from BT works very slightly different from the manual 141 service.  Any way, if the call has been blocked via 141 no way can the operator tell how you called and you can say you have called through the 0870 number and therefore YOUR system must not be working correctly!

IP Logged

Shiggaddi

Saltash, Cornwall
Reply #51 - Oct 23rd, 2005 at 1:19pm

To avoid any complications with abuse from staff etc, I always call their freephone number on 08000 688 638.

It's set up for their credit card service, but they give you the option for current accounts, I think by pressing 2.

After that, the same options as the 0845 call are given, and I continue the call exactly the same as I would with 0845, and the operator doesn't suspect where the call originated from, because it's the same calling system as 0845.

I realy hait itt wen peeple canot spel proply. Itt getts onn mye nervs sew mutch annd streses mee owt. Knot onley iz itt vary bade speling butt allso bade gramer.

IP Logged

Heinz
Supreme Member

Essex
Reply #52 - Oct 23rd, 2005 at 8:14pm

Quote:
To avoid any complications with abuse from staff etc, I always call their freephone number on 08000 688 638.

It's set up for their credit card service, but they give you the option for current accounts, I think by pressing 2.

After that, the same options as the 0845 call are given, and I continue the call exactly the same as I would with 0845, and the operator doesn't suspect where the call originated from, because it's the same calling system as 0845.

08000 688 638 Option 2 is, indeed, A&L Current Accounts.

However, isn't it just their automated telephone banking service (i.e. you can't actually speak to a human)?

After years of ignoring govt. guidelines & RIPPING OFF Council Tax payers using 0845 numbers, Essex County Council changed to 0345 numbers on 2 November 2015
IP Logged

Shiggaddi

Saltash, Cornwall
Reply #53 - Oct 25th, 2005 at 2:25pm

However, isn't it just their automated telephone banking service (i.e. you can't actually speak to a human)?

I've always managed to speak to a human, although like most automated systems I have to choose a few options to find one that says "to speak to a human press ......" or sometimes if I don't press anything, the call then gets routed to a human.

I realy hait itt wen peeple canot spel proply. Itt getts onn mye nervs sew mutch annd streses mee owt. Knot onley iz itt vary bade speling butt allso bade gramer.

IP Logged

Sharon

In small office with 2 dogs
Reply #54 - Apr 10th, 2006 at 10:48am

It certainly seems to be A&L who are making a stand on this. I have an inclusive package and so use this great site all the time to avoid unecessary charges. A&L are the only ones who have actually refused to deal with me because of the number I called (when I forgot to 141). When I remembered to 141 I was asked where I lived and forgot to tell porkies & say I was in France or something. It would be interesting to find out what the bosses are instructing their staff on this one as they are really rather rude about it. Angry

IP Logged

nanstallon

Falmouth
Reply #55 - Apr 30th, 2006 at 6:04pm

Such typical British corporate idiocy.  I'd regard it as a personal insult to have my question totally ignored like that.

John

IP Logged

Heinz
Supreme Member

Essex
Did I just get lucky?
Reply #56 - May 6th, 2006 at 3:25pm

Did I just get lucky?

I needed to call A&L but put it off until the weekend so that, if I used the 0113 220 1505 number, the call would be free on my telephone package (free E&W 01/02 calls with Primus Saver Option 2).

So, I dialled the number and joined the inevitable queue (thank you whoever invented the LST facility on DECT cordless handsets).

After about 5 mnutes, lady answered.  No Spanish inquisition!  I was a little disappointed really because I'd already switched Sky to Euronews and changed the audio to Spanish language - she just asked how she could help me and we got on with business.

15 minutes later, matter resolved, call charge nil, annoyance threshhold still at zero!

After years of ignoring govt. guidelines & RIPPING OFF Council Tax payers using 0845 numbers, Essex County Council changed to 0345 numbers on 2 November 2015
IP Logged

amwhits

Alliance & Leicester
Reply #57 - Sep 14th, 2006 at 9:04am

Alliance & Leicester are absolute rubbish.  I have an account with them and every time I ring them I use their landline number putting 141 before I dial.  I have to tell them every time that I am in Ireland or they refuse to deal with me.  They ask me tons of personal questions about my account and I know that I pop up as an awkward customer.  All this because I refuse to pay their phone bill!  I would be interested to raise a petition to send to their MD to tell him/her what an absolute load of rubbish they are.

IP Logged

bbb_uk
Global Moderator

Re: Alliance & Leicester
Reply #58 - Sep 14th, 2006 at 9:16am

amwhits wrote on Sep 14th, 2006 at 9:04am:
Alliance & Leicester are absolute rubbish.  I have an account with them and every time I ring them I use their landline number putting 141 before I dial.  I have to tell them every time that I am in Ireland or they refuse to deal with me.
Hi Amwhits,

I moved your post to this thread as the A&L problem is a well-known one and goes to show how low A&L will go to avoid people ringing them on a geographical.

IP Logged

Bobbyboy

Reply #59 - Sep 14th, 2006 at 11:15am

HI

I noted the message re Natwest - I have raised the issue with Fred Goodwin the  Chairman of Natwest. I have invoiced Natwest for misleading me that the cost was of that  of a local call and failure to state before hand the cost of that call in accordance with s1 MisRep Act and Eu Legislation. I have charged £14.00 a letter.

The  point being do the same to A & L and write to the Chairman with a letter befor court action. Ask him to explain why he has not complied with what EU legisalations requires and if he was aware that his customers were being charged 6 or 10p /min when that call could have been made for 0p-3p.  And that a call to China or India coast only 0.02p /min via calling card.
Ask him what he is going to do about it.

Bobby Wink
« Last Edit: Sep 14th, 2006 at 11:16am by Bobbyboy »  

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: CJT-80, DaveM, Forum Admin, Dave, bbb_uk)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge