Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print
Banned by Alliance & Leicester (Read 151,639 times)
sherbert
Supreme Member

Re: Banned by Alliance & Leicester
Reply #75 - Jul 21st, 2008 at 1:28pm

A & L have always given dreadful service and I fell out with them some years ago. Abbey are just as bad if not worse and as the owners of Abbey are about to buy A & L, I fear things will only get worse. Sad

IP Logged

sleepyangel

Reply #76 - Jul 23rd, 2008 at 3:51pm

Smiley Hi
Sometimes the staff at A&L an be a little 'snotty'  but that can happen almost everywhere in 'customer service departments' in my personal view! They ALL seem to have a bee in their bonnet about something or other, and the ones I get to speak to behave and treat me like I was that bee and had recvently put them off work with a 'really bad sting' haha!  Grin
I tried ringing the A&L numbers on the OP; neither are working any more! I also rang Nationwide, who now also do have 08 numbers, but you are able to ring your local branches on the numbers in your phone book, but you get through to some very nice call centre staff based in Sheffield... tho still only being charged a local call (or free to some of us with some phone providers!)
Im now going to close my A&L and go with Nationwide. I already have a Portman account, they have just been taken over by Nationwide... so other than the unlucky sods with Abbey and A&L now, I think I will sleep soundly at night knowing Im not in the 'ripped-off-and-badly-done-to brigade'!!

And the best thing of all is that they are as far as my callcentre man knows, going to stick with letting people phone on 'proper numbers'
His wording was 'we're not there to make money out of the people we serve....' which I think there are many out there who could learn by that very statement

IP Logged

sherbert
Supreme Member

Reply #77 - Jul 23rd, 2008 at 4:18pm

Well, I am sorry to have to tell you that since Nationwide took over Portman their customer service in their branches has made Abbey & A & L look like well run organisations. The tellers would rather do anything than serve customers and in my local branch they are on full view doing their paperwork and completetly ignore the customers who are queuing around the shop. I now operate all my accounts on line and find Coventry Building Society, Ing and Icesave very easy to run with very few problems. With the exception of Ing the interest rates are far superior than any thing you will find in the high street. Another good one is a telephone account with Anglo Irish who use 0845 numbers and if you phone them after six at night the calls are not that expensive. (From BT land lines)

Hope that helps.

IP Logged

frog_southampton

southampton
Reply #78 - Jul 31st, 2008 at 9:15pm

anyone got any up 2 date A&L numbers?

IP Logged

sherbert
Supreme Member

Reply #79 - Oct 7th, 2008 at 12:31pm

IP Logged

reserved

East Sussex
Reply #80 - Oct 7th, 2008 at 8:17pm

sherbert wrote on Jul 23rd, 2008 at 4:18pm:
. Another good one is a telephone account with Anglo Irish who use 0845 numbers and if you phone them after six at night the calls are not that expensive. (From BT land lines)
Hope that helps.

Why not use 0207 710 7055?

IP Logged

sherbert
Supreme Member

Reply #81 - Oct 7th, 2008 at 9:04pm

Thanks for the tip

Smiley

IP Logged

SilentCallsVictim
Supreme Member

aka NHS.Patient, DH_fairtelecoms

Reply #82 - Oct 9th, 2008 at 10:33am

Perhaps the FSA could be forgiven for this little slip, as it has a lot on its plate at the moment.

Its press release on the A&L case encourages victims to call the call type "g6" number - 0844 5619790.

There is no indication that A&L actually earns money from these calls, nor of the call costs, although it correctly states that the minimum of 5p per minute (after a 7p connection charge) applies 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

IP Logged

EricMears

Derbyshire
Reply #83 - Apr 3rd, 2009 at 4:53pm

I too have had a struggle with A&L to verify our new Visa Debit cards.

I even had a (previous) written personal reply from a customer adviser in the Leicester office quoting her direct line but that number redirected to a message telling me to call the 0844 number !

I tried their contact number for new customers 0500 95 95 95.  I wasn't expecting a lot of help there but the first girl I spoke to gave me what she said was a direct numnber to the complaints dept in Leicester 0116 275 4531 - only it turned out to be a fax machine that answered.  The second girl gave me 0116 200 4444 - but that also redirected to a message telling me to call the 0844 number !  On my third call to t0 0500 95 95 95 I got a chap who offered to put me through to the card activation service and that might well have worked - apart from the tiny snag that their verification process involved me being able to tell them a mobile number that I stopped using ten years ago was.  The woman from the verification service confirmed that she wasn't actually A&L but finally put me through to an A&L helpline where the operator was able to verify my identity without needing to know the out of date mobile number.

Having successfully validated my cards I was asked if she could help with anything else so I asked to register a complaint about being forced to use rip-off telephone numbers.  She took the details but wouldn't put me through to a complaints adviser.  When I tried the alternative tactic of asking for the accounts closure team she offered to close the account for me.

IP Logged

jrg

Reply #84 - Aug 10th, 2009 at 5:35pm

Hello my name is John and I am a volunteer for gethuman.com

This entire thread is of interest to me but in particular this message:

"It now seems to be www.gethuman.com and there is then a UK lookup on that page.Unfortunately as a US site they do not yet seem to be aware of the need to quote alternatives to 0845 and 0870 numbers.

What can we do to make it better? How can we make the uk gethuman.com more functional?

feel free to e-mail me:   John@gethuman.com

IP Logged

catj

Reply #85 - Aug 11th, 2009 at 1:28am

Quote:
need to quote alternatives to 0845 and 0870 numbers.

IP Logged

NGMsGhost
Supreme Member

The Forum Ghost of NonGeographicalMan<b
r />

Surrey, United Kingdom
Reply #86 - Aug 11th, 2009 at 6:46pm

jrg wrote on Aug 10th, 2009 at 5:35pm:
What can we do to make it better? How can we make the uk gethuman.com more functional?

You need to quote the alternative numbers starting 01, 02 or 03 (where they exist) listed by this website so that people do not pay moe than a more normal phone call to get a human call centre operative

<div style=

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: CJT-80, bbb_uk, Forum Admin, DaveM, Dave)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge