Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Is uk2me.com a scam??? (Read 6,936 times)
jcp007

Is uk2me.com a scam???
Jan 29th, 2005 at 6:06pm

Hi I am a US student in the UK, a friend told me a bout uk2me.com which will link a US number to an 0870 number, therefore I will not be incurring international charges when I call.

I signed up, used it once, checked my BT bill and nothing seemed out of the ordinary.

Then my Mom in US gets a call saying that her US number has "a large amount of long distance charges on it"

Is it possible they are reverse charging the number in the US, that my  Mom in the US are accepting collect calls without realizing it, and I'm getting ripped off? If so do i have any recourse to bust them?

Please help!

IP Logged

Shiggaddi

Saltash, Cornwall
Re: Is uk2me.com a scam???
Reply #1 - Jan 29th, 2005 at 6:28pm

I think in the USA, you do have to actually pay to receive calls from abroad, unless you pay a monthly fee and avoid all this.

As for the 0870 costs, there are plenty of companies that offer 0870 numbers, or even cheaper to call America, or Europe or Australia, available to Jo public, without having to register, or commit to calling just one international number.

I realy hait itt wen peeple canot spel proply. Itt getts onn mye nervs sew mutch annd streses mee owt. Knot onley iz itt vary bade speling butt allso bade gramer.

IP Logged

jcp007

Reply #2 - Jan 29th, 2005 at 6:32pm

If that is the case than the charges Mom gets from recieving an 0870 call should be comporable to calling home with a phone card, no?

IP Logged

bill
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Jan 29th, 2005 at 8:30pm

Quote:
Hi I am a US student in the UK, a friend told me a bout uk2me.com which will link a US number to an 0870 number, therefore I will not be incurring international charges when I call.

I signed up, used it once, checked my BT bill and nothing seemed out of the ordinary.

Then my Mom in US gets a call saying that her US number has "a large amount of long distance charges on it"

Is it possible they are reverse charging the number in the US, that my  Mom in the US are accepting collect calls without realizing it, and I'm getting ripped off? If so do i have any recourse to bust them?

Please help!

Least hassle?

Don't use the number again, sign up online with call1899.co.uk* and make calls to the USA - as long as you want - for 3p.

*Their site's down at the moment so do it next week sometime.
« Last Edit: Jan 29th, 2005 at 8:31pm by bill »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Dave, Forum Admin, bbb_uk, DaveM, CJT-80)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge