Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Citi Card Zapped Geog No (Read 2,689 times)
nonono

I want geog calls!

Citi Card Zapped Geog No
Feb 7th, 2005 at 12:02pm

Just tried to call Citi on 0161 7864000 and there's a recording saying the number is not in use, call 0870 908 6000 instead.

I think the call centre may be offshore - maybe that's why they want us to pay for the 0870 call to route it to India or somewhere?

I see that their "International" number is quoted as being +44 870 908 6000 - so does that actually work now, how much do international callers have to pay to call one?  If less than from the UK, is there some way people in the UK can make an "international" call back to 0870 in the UK?
« Last Edit: Feb 7th, 2005 at 12:13pm by nonono »  

IP Logged

mikeinnc

Ofcom - quis custodiet
ipsos custodes?

Perth Western Australia
Re: Citi Card Zapped Geog No
Reply #1 - Feb 8th, 2005 at 5:28am

I can tell you that 0870 prefixed numbers do work (sometimes) from overseas. The rate charged seems to be variable. I can call from the US using a 'pre-paid' service and local number for 3c / minute (and remember, I don't pay for access - 'free' local calls!) which is about 1.7p / minute. However, I have heard from a friend in Australia that he was charged $AU6.00 / minute for a 0870 call to the UK, and was told by his provider that these were' premium rate calls'. BTW, $6.00 is about 2.00 pounds a minute!

However, I have to be concerned about the low US rate. It may be that the provider in the US doesn't get enough 0870 calls from American subscribers to realise the premium cost - and when or if they do, the rates will rocket upwards!  Sad

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: bbb_uk, CJT-80, Dave, Forum Admin, DaveM)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge