Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
How can we improve Saynoto0870? (Part 1) (Read 69,437 times)
dorf
Supreme Member

I hate Qs on Premium NGNs

UK
Re: How can we improve Saynoto0870?
Reply #45 - Jul 7th, 2005 at 2:40am

Hi Chickpea, I have a firewall, but I can view the Avatars if I use IE. However if I use any other browser I cannot view any Avatars externally held.

And thanks for your kind support for my contributions NGM. You seem to be pretty knowledgeable yourself too.
« Last Edit: Jul 7th, 2005 at 5:46pm by dorf »  

Ofcom are completely ineffectual

IP Logged

NonGeographicalMan
Ex Member

Reply #46 - Jul 7th, 2005 at 10:24am

Dorf,

If you consider the current content of Chickpea's Avatar there are moments when I am inclined to wish that IE6 was as equally uncooperative as the other web browsers in its display! Wink Cheesy

Personally I find those little forum cartoon based avatars much easier to live with than someone's personal mugshot at quite such close range. Shocked

The only improvement needed to the saynoto0870 forum based cartoon avatars is that once assigned to a particular member they should no longer be available for other members to use.

But then I believe that Daniel has been promising to improve the forum software here for seemingly forever and a day.  The email I received to tell me there is a new post in this 5 page thread still takes me to Page 1 and then requires me to manually move to Page 5.  In other forums I belong to the link in the email would take me straight to Page 5. Embarrassed

Also the phone number I added a few weeks ago for a major uk company with many callers is still languishing in the unverified list where I suspect it will probably still be in two months time.  The waiting list for number verification is currently much, much longer than the 3 weeks claimed by the two Daves...........................

IP Logged

Cruz

Reply #47 - Jul 7th, 2005 at 12:12pm

Quote:
As for ChickPea I suspect he has a much thicker skin than you reckon so that we will not have seen the last of him!  Wink Grin Shocked
I suspect the opposite (he has de-registered by the look of it - only his email address remains).

IP Logged

dorf
Supreme Member

I hate Qs on Premium NGNs

UK
Reply #48 - Jul 7th, 2005 at 5:45pm

Well NGM, perhaps there may be some advantage in not being able to see externally held Avatars then?
« Last Edit: Jul 7th, 2005 at 5:46pm by dorf »  

Ofcom are completely ineffectual

IP Logged

NonGeographicalMan
Ex Member

Reply #49 - Jul 7th, 2005 at 6:23pm

Quote:
Well NGM, perhaps there may be some advantage in not being able to see externally held Avatars then?

Unfortunately it was actually ChickPea's Avatar that made me feel especially unsympathetic towards him.

If I didn't know better I could have sworn he must have owned shares in the makers of either McLeans or Colgate Toothpaste. Wink

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #50 - Oct 22nd, 2005 at 4:15pm

Perhaps the "Cheap Call Providers" section should be renamed to cover all call providers. That way we can move chat about BT's latest price increases to that section, aswell as making Orange's charging of freephone numbers more "at home".

~~~
How can we improve Saynoto0870? Part 2 is here
« Last Edit: Nov 20th, 2005 at 4:32pm by Dave »  

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Forum Admin, CJT-80, Dave, bbb_uk, DaveM)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge