Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
OTELO offers geographic alternative (Read 4,114 times)
hoxne

OTELO offers geographic alternative
Feb 14th, 2005 at 8:32pm

I heard Elizabeth France, Telecoms Ombudsman, being interviewed on BBC Radio Norfolk today.  She talked a bit about their role, and the interviewer then asked her how to contact them.  She read out the 0845 number, but then said that she knew that some people don't like to ring 0845 numbers, so here's the alternative, and she gave the geographic number.

Looks like the message is getting through, gradually.  Their website also gives an alternative, but only for telephone, not textphone or fax.  Disability Discrimination?

IP Logged

caroboy

I hate to be ripped off

Manchester
Re: OTELO offers geographic alternative
Reply #1 - Feb 15th, 2005 at 3:35pm

I suppose 0845 numbers are/were good for those people who don't have free call times. However, calls should be free anyway - not 0800 nor 0500. Just free calls which should be included in the monthly phone bill since we are charged a fortune.

Telecoms Ombudsman pay for 0845 and callers also pay.

Do we pay Eliazbeth France and her people to regulate the telecom business? If that's the case, WE are the one who actually pay for 0845 and the callers pay twice. where is the money going to?

Angry

Tell your friends to join this site.

IP Logged

bill
Ex Member

Re: OTELO offers geographic alternative
Reply #2 - Feb 18th, 2005 at 10:22pm

Quote:
I heard Elizabeth France, Telecoms Ombudsman, being interviewed on BBC Radio Norfolk today.  She talked a bit about their role, and the interviewer then asked her how to contact them.  She read out the 0845 number, but then said that she knew that some people don't like to ring 0845 numbers, so here's the alternative, and she gave the geographic number.

Looks like the message is getting through, gradually.  Their website also gives an alternative, but only for telephone, not textphone or fax.  Disability Discrimination?

My e-mail complaining about that last bit resulted, in a matter of a few hours, in the below reply: Quote:
Our ref:   78327

15 February 2005

Dear Mr xxxxx

Enquiry about Textphone number

Thank you for your e mail about the Textphone

The Geographic number for the textphone is 01925 430886, the fax is 01925 430059

Thank you for the feedback on this information and I have asked the Communications manager to add this information to the Otelo website.

Yours sincerely

Sue Jackson
Enquiry Officer

And their website has already been updated!
« Last Edit: Feb 18th, 2005 at 10:34pm by bill »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Forum Admin, CJT-80, bbb_uk, DaveM, Dave)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge