Send Topic Print
Stutter stutter! (Read 32,165 times)
jrawle
Supreme Member

Didcot, Oxfordshire
Re: Stutter stutter!
Reply #15 - Feb 19th, 2005 at 12:15am

Quote:
If all residential subscribers are on option 1, 2 or 3 it appears impossible to make “a standard rate call”,  this is just a fiction – an aid to confusion.

Is it possible to make a standard rate call from a residential or business phone?

People on the Light User Scheme still pay the Standard Rate prices, I think. However, it's certainly not possible to choose this tariff. Unfortunately, "Standard Rate" is how it's defined by Ofcom - hopefully this will chance in the future.

Anyway, as most people aren't on this rate, it shouldn't be used for comparisons. Sadly, though, many people are extremely confused by all this, so spokesmen can largely get away with making whatever claims they like!

IP Logged

andy9
Supreme Member

Reply #16 - Feb 19th, 2005 at 12:40am

Did you hear that story the other day about the Spanish footballer being hoax interviewed by a 'football club' ie newspaper

Any aspiring 'practice managers' out there?

IP Logged

omy

I came - I saw - I went
home.

Reply #17 - Feb 19th, 2005 at 8:15am

How long can NEG get away with their excuse  "saves people getting an engaged line!"??

Picture a surgery with a receptionist, if she is on a line and I call, then it's engaged and it costs me zero.
If I now dial the 0870, she is still on the other line and I start paying 8p per min to wait for her to finish.  How can this be saving me money?

NEG should be nailed for their obfuscations - let's hope we can.

IP Logged

dorf
Supreme Member

I hate Qs on Premium NGNs

UK
Reply #18 - Feb 19th, 2005 at 10:17am

I think you must accept that everybody involved with these scams from the outset was and is intent on deceipt. All these abuses are based on deceipt. Deceipt therefore becomes the norm for them, and lying at every juncture is part of the deceipt.

It becomes almost like a drug. The revenue streams (and sales bonuses) being generated from these abuses are so enormous that they become completely hooked on maintaining the revenue streams whatever they have to do, including lying and cheating wherever necessary!

This is of course why they fight so hard to avoid these abuses being ended by all revenue sharing being put back where it belongs - in the 09 category. They would no longer then be able to continue the deceipt.

Ofcom are completely ineffectual

IP Logged

andy9
Supreme Member

Reply #19 - Feb 19th, 2005 at 12:08pm

I think it's intriguing that Mr Chapman seems to have said no to 0870 himself, and given an 01268 number.

Is he worried that it would put people off calling?

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: DaveM, Dave, Forum Admin, CJT-80, bbb_uk)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge