Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
The G.P NEG Business Plan (Read 6,842 times)
dave333444

The G.P NEG Business Plan
Feb 19th, 2005 at 9:13am

Hi All

A thought occurred to me this morning, whilst munching away on Corn Flakes - I've seen it mentioned in threads on this site that if 0870 numbers for GPs are banned by the Government then NEG will claim 10m Pounds in compensation from the Government, who in turn will claw back that sum from all tax payers.

One wonders if this was NEG's intention all along - that is, hard sell a 'phone system to GPs (not known for their Telecom expertise) a few take it up, the Press get hold of the story, there's a public outcry and Voila!!! no need to run the business - just walk away with 10m

NEG say it took 4 years to develop the system, during all that time did they not once think that the public wouldn't like it - NEG Management is either guilty of crass incompetance on a grand scale, not realising it or NEG Management has shown a level of business acumen that is frightening clever - either way, they are not to be trusted by UK GPs

Just a thought - I should be intrerested on other's views

Dave
« Last Edit: Feb 19th, 2005 at 9:21am by dave333444 »  

IP Logged

dorf
Supreme Member

I hate Qs on Premium NGNs

UK
Re: The G.P NEG Business Plan
Reply #1 - Feb 19th, 2005 at 10:08am

I agree entirely with your point Dave, but I think it is the former that is the reason for the position in which they now find themselves! I don't believe for one moment that their management is sufficiently adept to have devised the latter strategy as you suggest.

What I find completely unbelievable is that the government should even consider compensating them in any way.

Ofcom are completely ineffectual

IP Logged

andy9
Supreme Member

Re: The G.P NEG Business Plan
Reply #2 - Feb 19th, 2005 at 11:57am

I didn't read anything that said the Government was considering compensation.

Only that an unnamed company would file a claim; it could be rejected.

If it was NEG, they appear to have reduced the calls, according to the radio interview others quoted. Any compensation would have to be moderated by the knowledge of this voluntary reduction.

Further, NEG could be subject to counterclaims

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: DaveM, Dave, CJT-80, bbb_uk, Forum Admin)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge