Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Walsh Western (Courier for Dell computers) (Read 4,919 times)
Martin_S

Walsh Western (Courier for Dell computers)
Feb 26th, 2005 at 12:10pm

I have spent a long time trying to find a number that works for the Dell orders line. I have got the coventry 02476 602142 number but all that seems to happen on that, is you are faced with a complicated menu which either put you through to a line that nobody answers, or it cuts you off!

I tried phoning the International Headquarters in Dublin on + 353 (0) 1 806 7150 (much cheaper than phoning 0870!!!) to see if they had any numbers, they just gave me the 0870 number (they thought it was freephone) and also the Coventry one. They think that there is nobody there at weekends to answer. Perhaps the 0870 number is for an Indian call centre. I did try phoning 0870 but afer being on hold for 10 mins I gave up running up my phone bill at the extortionate 8p a minute that Onetel charge.

If there is no choice but to phone an 0870 number does anyone know a carrier that charges a reasonable rate for 0870?

Better still can anybody help me find the number for Walsh Western?
« Last Edit: Feb 26th, 2005 at 12:55pm by Martin_S »  

IP Logged

Martin_S

Re: Walsh Western (Courier for Dell computers)
Reply #1 - Feb 26th, 2005 at 12:46pm

Ok well I have tried further and I have a kind of result which I am typing up for others who are in the same dilemma.

I phoned the 02476 602142 number loads and kept trying different combinations of options. Eventually I chose option 2 (SIM) then option 3 (inventory) The phone actually rang and a helpful lady picked up. I was told this was the warehouse. She took my number and tried to transfer me. I got cut off but somebody from the call centre in Ireland phoned me straight back. My queries were answered. I did protest about the cost of calling 0870 and tried to get him to give a direct number to no avail.

To assist with the search for a direct number for this 0870 line at least we now know it is routed to Ireland. One number I didn't try is Limerick operations on 00 353 (0) 61 443 777. It may be worth trying them as I suspect this is where the 0870 number is routed to.

If I find anything else out I will update this thread. God I hope Ofcom and the companies concerned take note of the lengths people like me are taking to avoid these damn 0870 numbers! Shocked
« Last Edit: Feb 26th, 2005 at 1:03pm by Martin_S »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Dave, DaveM, bbb_uk, CJT-80, Forum Admin)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge