Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Taken to oldest page of thread instead of newest (Read 6,748 times)
NonGeographicalMan
Ex Member

Taken to oldest page of thread instead of newest
Feb 27th, 2005 at 3:47pm

Can Dave or Dave M explain why when one subscribes to a thread and gets an email saying there has been a new post that the link in the email always takes you to the oldest Page (Page1) of the thread instead of the highest numbered Page that actually contains the new post?

Also why do we receive multiple emails for new posts in a thread since we last visited it rather than only getting one post with no more emails then being sent about that thread until we have acted on the first emai received advising of a new post.  This seems to be the post updating email convention of most more well established web forums.

In summary why do we always get taken to the oldest page of a thread by an update email and why do we get multiple emails about more than one new post in the same thread since we last visited?

Only a little thing but I am sure the forum software lets you configure this stuff to be more user friendly.

IP Logged

Forum Admin
YaBB Administrator

Re: Taken to oldest page of thread instead of newe
Reply #1 - Feb 27th, 2005 at 3:56pm

Hi,

Thanks for your post.

Unfortunately these options are not configurable using the forum software I am currently using.

I am hoping to upgrade the forum software shortly though, and this will be 'corrected' as part of the upgrade.

Thanks for your support,

Daniel
Administrator
SAYNOTO0870.COM

Check Out the main website at http://www.saynoto0870.com
IP Logged

NonGeographicalMan
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Feb 27th, 2005 at 4:10pm

Quote:
I am hoping to upgrade the forum software shortly though, and this will be 'corrected' as part of the upgrade.

I hope I won't get downgraded to a beginner again as a result of this though! Shocked

Out of interest though since setting up this site have we never been approached by a national consumer organisation or newspaper interested in doing something more active with the campaign?

IP Logged

Forum Admin
YaBB Administrator

Reply #3 - Feb 27th, 2005 at 4:12pm

No, number of posts and ratings should be transferred across Smiley

I have been approached by TV, Radio and newspapers about doing 'one-off' programmes, but nothing of a more 'active' campaign.

Thanks
Daniel

Check Out the main website at http://www.saynoto0870.com
IP Logged

NonGeographicalMan
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Feb 27th, 2005 at 4:49pm

Quote:
I have been approached by TV, Radio and newspapers about doing 'one-off' programmes, but nothing of a more 'active' campaign.

Ok so you are Daniel and are Forum Admin and there was I thinking that Dave and DaveM actually ran this site.  Just a little confusing perhaps.

Are you prepared to say what you do in your main job or are you like the rest of us under cover for fear of the retribution that may follow from the BT or Ofcom hit squads or for that matter the NEG hit squad.

I'm sure this story has now worked itself up sufficiently for the Daily Mirror or The Sun or possibly the Daily Mail or Daily Express (given that at least a few brain cells are required to undestand all the issues involved) to want to run with it on a more permanent basis.  Especially building up to Ofcom's announcement of its final decision on the issue?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Dave, CJT-80, DaveM, bbb_uk, Forum Admin)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge