Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Arrogant Companies - ADT (Read 58,965 times)
NGMsGhost
Supreme Member

The Forum Ghost of NonGeographicalMan<b
r />

Surrey, United Kingdom
Re: Arrogant Companies - ADT
Reply #30 - Nov 8th, 2010 at 2:21pm

Dave wrote on Nov 4th, 2010 at 9:49pm:
I am quite surprised that ADT has not done what many others have done and simply switched to other premium number ranges, 0844, 0845 or even 0871. As it stays on 0870, it no longer gets subsidy from customers via their telephone bills.

You need have no concerns for the solvency of ADT's finances Dave because my mother's alarm system is with ADT and they have been kind enough to set up any phone calls that are made to notify them of an alarm activation on her system to use an 0871 phone number at 10p per minute at all times without ever seeking her overt permission for doing so.  I happen to know because my mother couldn't account for the 0871 call on her phone bill and wanted to know what it was as she knows that she never rings 0871 numbers herself.

Fortunately however her system only makes a call in the event of an alarm activation as all other activity is logged locally only and the system only needs to make a phone call in the event that the alarm is actually triggered and not cancelled down in the 30 seconds grace period that is allowed for various possible causes of alarm activation.

As for our friendly engineer telling us that many of the very latest ADT systems are using an 0800 number my question to him is why aren't all ADT's systems being reprogrammed to use an 0800 number and a fair rate for the annual alarm monitoring costs charged instead of ADT relying on a hidden revenue stream on incoming phone calls from its customers equipment on its customers phone lines. Shocked Angry

<div style=

IP Logged

bigjohn
Supreme Member

ADT Alarm Test Calls
Reply #31 - Dec 12th, 2013 at 5:48am

Certain ADT alarm sysyems  use to incur you the cost of  a daily test call to a 0844 number. Its now been changed to 0800.

See: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/personalfinance/consumertips/jessicainvestiga...

To arrange the change you have to call a 0844 number. Huh

BJ.

IP Logged

CJT-80
Global Moderator

Manchester
Re: ADT Alarm Test Calls
Reply #32 - Dec 12th, 2013 at 1:39pm

Or hopefully be knowledgeable enough to come here and find the alternative

Smiley

Regards,

CJT-80

Any comments made are my own and are not those of SayNoTo0870.com

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: CJT-80, DaveM, bbb_uk, Dave, Forum Admin)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge