Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Using 18866 from a mobile (Read 8,686 times)
mypinknee

AKA Mr Grumpy

Glos
Using 18866 from a mobile
Apr 11th, 2005 at 4:51pm

I am a 18866 user and I have been trying to fathom out their charges if and when I use their 020 7001 9797 from my mobile to access other numbers. 

Surely I will be paying my own mobile rates or is this 020.. number free for me to call?  Does it work with all providers?

Can anyone here explain to a dim phone user like me?
Embarrassed

Communication is the most important thing.

IP Logged

Tanllan
Supreme Member

Re: Using 18866 from a mobile
Reply #1 - Apr 11th, 2005 at 4:56pm

Yup, the 020 number may be within your provider's "prepaid" usage, or they may decide to charge because of the number's use.

Best to try in a modest way and see what happens.

But there are often cheaper ways to call then using the free (that is, prepaid at high rates) minutes.

IP Logged

bigjohn
Supreme Member

Reply #2 - Apr 11th, 2005 at 5:39pm

8) 8) 8)
Wot network are you on,and do you have a contract or a payg phone.if you are on a contract how many free cross network minutes have you got.Are you phoning uk or intl nos. Are you phoning other mobiles.Once we have this info we will point you in right direction!!!

BJ.

IP Logged

mypinknee

AKA Mr Grumpy

Glos
Reply #3 - Apr 11th, 2005 at 6:22pm

I use Tmobile as PAYG.  I call other mobiles and landlines and I am really mean!  Grin

IP Logged

bigjohn
Supreme Member

Reply #4 - Apr 11th, 2005 at 6:36pm

8) 8) 8)
Every time you dial the 18866 acess no from your payg mobile you are charged 2p connection by 18866.But the  bad news is that if you are as mean as you say you are your be shocked to know that T Mobile will be charging you between 30p to 5p a minute to ring it.depending on your spend with them!!!Deep Joy.

BJ.

IP Logged

mypinknee

AKA Mr Grumpy

Glos
Reply #5 - Apr 11th, 2005 at 9:27pm

So it is as I feared, completely pointless using the 18866 connection number.  I had a suspiscion that would be the case, but I am always the eternal optomist. 

Given the few calls I do make it is still cheaper for me to pay as I go.  My annual usage amounts to about £15 - told you I was mean.  Thanks for the explanations though.  Smiley

IP Logged

bigjohn
Supreme Member

Reply #6 - Apr 11th, 2005 at 9:37pm

8) 8) 8)

You could reduce the £15 bill!!! by going to a cheaper payg  tariff.Easymobile.Com might be of interest to you.

BJ.

IP Logged

reggie

Reply #7 - Apr 19th, 2005 at 3:49pm

It is still worthwhile if you need to 'phone an overseas number  you will be charged for the local call by T mobile and then for the foreign call by 1866  alot cheaper than making an international call from the mobile.

IP Logged

Shiggaddi

Saltash, Cornwall
Reply #8 - Apr 20th, 2005 at 7:28pm

If you're using PAYG, and paying these high costs, then I think an 0870 number would cost about the same.

Therefore using just dial on 0870 794 5989 and waiting for the prompt then calling the international number might be just as cost effective.

If you use that system, then you won't get any additional call charges from 18866, and you would still be paying for an outgoing call which you would have made using 18866

I realy hait itt wen peeple canot spel proply. Itt getts onn mye nervs sew mutch annd streses mee owt. Knot onley iz itt vary bade speling butt allso bade gramer.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: CJT-80, Dave, bbb_uk, Forum Admin, DaveM)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge