Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Tiscali Broadband Helpdesk (Read 48,895 times)
floella2

Tiscali Broadband Helpdesk
May 19th, 2005 at 7:50am

Anybody know the geographical number for the Tiscali Broadband Helpdesk - 08707442922

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Re: Tiscali Broadband Helpdesk
Reply #1 - May 19th, 2005 at 2:07pm

There are several entries in the database on Tiscali, but none appear to be support. The only one which looks as though it might be worth a try is 020 70872000. It looks like it might well be switchboard (with it ending 000). If it or any other numbers listed on the site work, please let us know. If you can tell us whether it is switchboard, or what department it is as this number may be useful to people with all other types of Tiscali enquiries.

IP Logged

darrenabidris

Reply #2 - May 29th, 2005 at 5:45pm

For information: I've tried calling Tiscali's sales number 0800 9753030 and asked to be transferred to their billing department. The agent refused to transfer me and aksed me to redial 0870 744 2922.

Also for further information, Tiscali's business customer service number 08707 400801 is based in India.

IP Logged

Smasher

UK
Reply #3 - May 29th, 2005 at 5:58pm

Quote:
Also for further information, Tiscali's business customer service number 08707 400801 is based in India.

Your point being...?

IP Logged

darrenabidris

Reply #4 - May 29th, 2005 at 8:21pm

My point being....is that if you try to dial the direct number you'll be paying for an international call rather than a national call on the 08707 number.

Apologies, I thought you may have been able to work that one out.

IP Logged

Smasher

UK
Reply #5 - May 29th, 2005 at 9:09pm

Quote:
My point being....is that if you try to dial the direct number you'll be paying for an international call rather than a national call on the 08707 number.

Apologies, I thought you may have been able to work that one out.

If "we" were going to be thick enough to dial a 14-digit number starting "0091" without realising it, then I would say we deserve to pay the price for our stupidity! Roll Eyes

IP Logged

bigjohn
Supreme Member

Reply #6 - May 29th, 2005 at 9:21pm

There is absolutely no reason why Tiscali couldnt have a normal UK geographic number piped to India. They dont do this, because they want to make some money from the customer.How they have the cheek to call it Business Customer Service i dont know.

BJ.

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #7 - Sep 4th, 2005 at 8:14pm

Posted on The Scream! Forums today:
01642 732795

Edit: As per the posts below, this is for Wanadoo and not Tiscali.
« Last Edit: Sep 5th, 2005 at 7:36pm by Dave »  

IP Logged

jimbo2005

Reply #8 - Sep 4th, 2005 at 11:25pm

Sorry if I sound rude, but you forgot to add it to the list.  So I have done it.  Smiley  Would like to know now what is the number for Tiscali Smart Talk Customer Service, which is option 3 on 0870 744 9966.  If anyone knows, please could they post it here.  Thanks.

WOOPS! I have just tried the number and this is Wanadoo Bradband Customer Service which is open between 0700-2300 daily, and not Tiscali!  Please could you update the entry ASAP.  Thanks.
« Last Edit: Sep 4th, 2005 at 11:30pm by jimbo2005 »  

IP Logged

bbb_uk
Global Moderator

Reply #9 - Sep 5th, 2005 at 8:11am

Quote:
...WOOPS! I have just tried the number and this is Wanadoo Bradband Customer Service which is open between 0700-2300 daily, and not Tiscali!  Please could you update the entry ASAP.  Thanks.
I've just checked the main (verified) database and this number, which is down as Wanadoo, is already in the database.

IP Logged

mc661

Habitual FOI requester.

West-Norfolk
Reply #10 - Sep 5th, 2005 at 3:09pm

yep this is wanadoo broadband customer services.

IP Logged

Porcupineboy

Reply #11 - Sep 23rd, 2005 at 8:42pm

I tried the freephone number and when challenged I said I had been on the 0870 number and was promised a call back and was now still waiting.  They said someone would call me back but no-one did. Clever eh?

IP Logged

Jeff

Reply #12 - Oct 21st, 2005 at 3:42pm

There are several entries in the database on Tiscali, but none appear to be support. The only one which looks as though it might be worth a try is 020 70872000. It looks like it might well be switchboard (with it ending 000). If it or any other numbers listed on the site work, please let us know. If you can tell us whether it is switchboard, or what department it is as this number may be useful to people with all other types of Tiscali enquiries.

I have rung this number and it is the London switchboard number They will transfer you to customer services or billing (still with a very long wait) I havn't tried broadband support.

IP Logged

Minardi

Derby
Reply #13 - Jan 2nd, 2006 at 4:24pm

Oh well, looks like were stuck paying for tiscali!  Embarrassed Great site guys by the way!

IP Logged

rydaway

Reply #14 - Jan 3rd, 2006 at 11:10am

Porcupineboy

Reply #11 - Sep 23rd 2005 at 20:42:03* Quote   I tried the freephone number and when challenged I said I had been on the 0870 number and was promised a call back and was now still waiting.  They said someone would call me back but no-one did. Clever eh?

You are to be congratulated, Porcupineboy, on being able to understand what was said to you when you contacted Tiscali Customer (so-called) Support.

Attempt from here to get help were prolonged unnecessarily by having to ask them again and again and again to repeat what they were trying to say.  One could be forgiven for thinking the Tiscali guys who answer help calls get a commission from income generated by the 0870 calls!

In the end, one gave up in frustration and solved the problem by trial and error.

rydaway

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: bbb_uk, DaveM, Forum Admin, CJT-80, Dave)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge