Home Help Search Login Register

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Charity numbers (Read 34,757 times)
bill

Re: Charity numbers
Reply #15 - Feb 15th, 2006 at 10:40pm

Quote:
Please note that Westie ReHoming does not currently have any telephone equipment sophisticated enough to create a queue!  If you are second caller, it's engaged I'm afraid!

Lee Johnson
Wouldn't use of 1571 create a 'pseudo-queue'?

mc661 wrote on Feb 15th, 2006 at 7:03pm:
yeah, where have the 'fun' posts gone.

This IS censorship of the OfCon kind. Oh wait no OfCon just ignores everyone and comes up with its own agenda, but wait isnt that what deleting posts are - saynoto0870.com own agenda.

There is, indeed, a very nasty smell around here - perhaps it's a westie dog!.
« Last Edit: Feb 16th, 2006 at 3:17pm by bill »  

IP Logged

omy

I came - I saw - I went
home.

Re: Charity numbers: QUEUING
Reply #16 - Feb 16th, 2006 at 8:40am

Quote:
.....Do you shake hands with your fellow members of the congregation believing as they do that god is with you in everything you do in your life and that if you prey a little bit more it will all come right for you?

A beautiful careless mis-spelling (prey/pray ) caused the final sentence to be absolutely perfect, NGM Wink Wink.
« Last Edit: Feb 16th, 2006 at 1:02pm by Dave »  

IP Logged

NonGeographicalMan
Ex Member

Reply #17 - Feb 24th, 2006 at 10:59am

Why is the geographic alternative for the 0870 number used by www.westierehoming.me.uk being repeatedly and persistently deleted day after day from the Unverified list by the administrators/moderators of this website?

Has www.westierhoming.me.uk agreed to pay an annual fee not to have its number listed on the website as clearly this could be another nice little earner for our silent Forum Owner Daniel. Wink Wink

IP Logged

NonGeographicalMan
Ex Member

Reply #18 - Feb 27th, 2006 at 9:56pm

Yet again after I added an alternative number for the www.westierehoming.me.uk 0870 phone number to the Unverified List it was removed without any post in this thread to explain why.

DaveM is the only moderator in this forum who I could imagine behaving in such a rude, unexplained and abrupt fashion.  This site is about providing geographic alternatives so why does it keep getting removed?  Does DaveM own a Westie or what exactly? Angry Angry Shocked

IP Logged

NonGeographicalMan
Ex Member

Reply #19 - Feb 28th, 2006 at 7:11am

Dave,

I don't accept any of the arguments you have given below for refusing to list the geographic alternative number for Westie Rehoming.

The fact that they keep large numbers of yappie little dogs means that it is we who should be scared of them and not vica versa.  Also if somebody wishes to be abusive to the www.westierehoming.me.uk people  they can do this just as well on an 0870 number as on a geographic phone number.  If their only motivation was to hide their real phone number and be able to reroute calls when on holiday etc then they would use an 0845 number.  We have already heard from their website developer, Westier, that their main motivation in using 0870 is to exploit their punters for as much revenue as possible.

Many of the alternative numbers listed on this site are only for moderately small companies staffed by a few people.  The whole point of this site is to make life tough for people who use these abusive 0870 numbers.  Also if these people had wanted their geograophic phone number kept secret then why were neither of their phone numbers (including the one dedicated to their Westier kennel operation) ex-directory?  Had they been ex-directory I would have been unable  to find them.

I am very disappointed in the site management removing a number in this way and deleting wholesale large chunks of a thread merely to protect the revenues of 0870 scammers.  And all without any acknowledgement that this had even been done. Angry Angry Shocked

NGM

Dave wrote on Feb 28th, 2006 at 1:20am:
NGM

Quote:
However I can see no reason whatsoever for refusing to list the geographic alternative of the 0870 number, which is answered with the same announcement, in our database when this site is dedicated to providing geographic alternatives for 0870 scammers (of which www.westierhoming.me.uk are a particularly nasty and incorrigible example).

Since there is no reverse lookup facility from a uk geographic phone number to an address I don't see how it can be argued that listing a geographic alternative number compromises the security of these people and also they listed their name and an address in Swindon on their website which was how I got to their geographic number www.192.com etc and their firstname and surname.

But the 0870 number is a 'virtual number'. If it attracts nuisance calls it's easy to change it without changing the underlying number (which most 'personal' contacts will have).

Quote:
....  Also it is ridiculous to claim that they are under a security threat when nobody on this site has ever resorted to more than a letter or an email against the actions of 0870 scammers.

The security aspect has to do with the fact that they keep dogs and nothing to do with their 0870 telephone number!

Quote:
But if you now say that if we list a geographic alternative for an 0870 number and the people concerned are upset about it we will remove it from the database then that will be the start of Sky and all the main abusers making the same request. ...

But the likes of Sky are faceless corporations. It is highly unlikely that Mr Murdoch will route his 0870 numbers to his home phone to be answered personally. Even if that were the case, a multimillion pound business mogul is completely different to those who run the Westie charity.

Quote:
  And it was Westie Rehoming who chose to stick their head above the parapet in the first place to crow about their reasons for using an 0870 number and it was only this that led to my quest to find their geographic number alternative.

I believe it was a member of the team who "goed it alone." The couple running the charity were unaware of this.

Dave
« Last Edit: Feb 28th, 2006 at 7:15am by N/A »  

IP Logged

bill

Reply #20 - Apr 6th, 2006 at 4:03pm

Quote:
Why have the latest posts by myself and Westier in this thread once again been removed by a disgracefully cynical forum management not prepared to acknowledge its own actions.

The latest posts by Westier confirmed their geographic alternative numbers and obtaining these alternatives is a primary objective of this site.  Why have they again been removed by stealth by the forum management.

Stop this nonsense now or I will resign as a member of this forum and start my own rival www.saynotoofcom.org discussion forum.

Hey. The same's happened to me in another thread. 

Why does it happen? 

Is it a fault or is it one of the moderators removing them because he happens not to agree with something you've written?

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #21 - Apr 6th, 2006 at 4:31pm

bill wrote on Apr 6th, 2006 at 4:03pm:
Why does it happen? 

Is it a fault or is it one of the moderators removing them because he happens not to agree with something you've written?

Obviously it depends on the post in question, but personal attacks on forum members are not welcome on here. They play no part in constructive discussions and only serve to create animosity between members.

How do you suggest the moderators deal with threads that are spiraling into a slanging match?

IP Logged

bill

Reply #22 - Apr 6th, 2006 at 5:27pm

Dave wrote on Apr 6th, 2006 at 4:31pm:
bill wrote on Apr 6th, 2006 at 4:03pm:
Why does it happen? 

Obviously it depends on the post in question, but personal attacks on forum members are not welcome on here. They play no part in constructive discussions and only serve to create animosity between members.

How do you suggest the moderators deal with threads that are spiraling into a slanging match?

Well, in the interest of '.... tough on the causes of crime' (a soundbite which mc661 appears to have forgotten), I'd start by suggesting that you deleted the (causal) abusive post by a so-called Senior Member like this one:

mc661 wrote on Apr 6th, 2006 at 2:38am:
sorry I have what in my sig?

Prehaps if you could be bothered to look further into the number (lazy sod) youd come across this statement http://www.steveandcompany.co.uk/statement0871.html

I see part of my post has mysteriously disappeared from the (now locked) 0871 9 10 10 10 missed call scam? thread.

I'll insert it again below and highlight the words which are allegedly 'personal/offensive' and simply (as Tony would say) ask why are we now being subjected to communist-style censorship on this site?.  There is nothing personal or offensive about the below comment.  It is merely anti-politics.

Quote:
I recall mc661 admitting that he is a politician of some sort.

I wonder which party?

Clearly, a two-faced one.

That narrows it down then.

NOT.
« Last Edit: Apr 6th, 2006 at 8:37pm by bill »  

IP Logged

NonGeographicalMan
Ex Member

Reply #23 - Apr 6th, 2006 at 5:44pm

Dave wrote on Apr 6th, 2006 at 4:31pm:

They should always send a Private Message telling the person concerned that they have completely removed their post and why.

Then at least it wouldn't just look like the forum was faulty or had been hacked and people would be aware they had done something that upset the forum moderator.
« Last Edit: Apr 6th, 2006 at 5:45pm by N/A »  

IP Logged

trevord

West Sussex, UK
Reply #24 - Apr 6th, 2006 at 6:35pm

bill wrote on Apr 6th, 2006 at 5:27pm:
Well, in the interest of '.... tough on the causes of crime' (a soundbite which mc661 appears to have forgotten), I'd start by suggesting that you deleted the (causal) abusive post by a so-called Senior Member like this one:

I had wondered why bill got repremanded, but not mc661 for the original abuse.

Quote:
They should always send a Private Message telling the person concerned that they have completely removed their post and why.

I think that's an excellent suggestion!  Smiley

IP Logged

mc661

Habitual FOI requester.

West-Norfolk
Reply #25 - Apr 6th, 2006 at 7:02pm

trevord wrote on Apr 6th, 2006 at 6:35pm:
bill wrote on Apr 6th, 2006 at 5:27pm:

I had wondered why bill got repremanded, but not mc661 for the original abuse.

Quote:

I think that's an excellent suggestion!  Smiley

Ive just had a PM from a mod telling me off.
As for the charity numbers, I think that dave must have had a C&D or somthing from westie or a backhander (hey dave dontate it to the party and become Lord 0870)

IP Logged

NonGeographicalMan
Ex Member

Reply #26 - Apr 6th, 2006 at 7:08pm

mc661 wrote on Apr 6th, 2006 at 7:02pm:
As for the charity numbers, I think that dave must have had a C&D or somthing from westie or a backhander (hey dave dontate it to the party and become Lord 0870)

But my thread slagging off Daniel's dodgy deal with the even more dodgy www.freepay.com website people was never censored or removed.

I always detected that Dave was rather in support of my views on that matter though.
« Last Edit: Apr 6th, 2006 at 7:09pm by N/A »  

IP Logged

bill

Reply #27 - Apr 6th, 2006 at 8:35pm

mc661 wrote on Apr 6th, 2006 at 7:02pm:

Suggesting such a thing must be offensive to the moderator and, I assume, will therefore be deleted in the next few moments.

The amusing thing is Google finds the Westie number in less than a second so there is utterly no point in repeatedly deleting it!

IP Logged

NonGeographicalMan
Ex Member

Reply #28 - Apr 7th, 2006 at 10:43am

Seems as though somebody keeps having their posts deleted in this thread as I keep getting an update email but no new messages appear in the thread? Huh

IP Logged

trevord

West Sussex, UK
Reply #29 - Apr 7th, 2006 at 11:25am

Quote:
Seems as though somebody keeps having their posts deleted in this thread as I keep getting an update email but no new messages appear in the thread? Huh

On this occasion, it might not be as suspicious as you think - see this message and my response to it.
Is there something going funny on the board?  Huh
When I tried to access it an hour or so ago, it was not available.  Huh

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: bbb_uk, Dave, CJT-80, Forum Admin, DaveM)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge