Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
any difference between 0845/0870 (Read 8,860 times)
davis

any difference between 0845/0870
Jun 1st, 2005 at 8:53pm

My insurance company have just written to tell me their telephone number is to change from 0845 to: guess what 0870! ( I rang them (I HAVE THE OLD GEO NUMBER AND IT STILL WORKS-FOR THE MOMENT AT LEAST) to ask why they were changing to a higher rate number and was told that 0870 was charged at national rate and would be fairer to all their customers as all would now pay at the same rate. (Where have I heard this before!)  But more significantly that they were able to offer a far superior survice through the 0870 number.  I would like to challenge them over this but do not know if there is any difference between the set up of numbers on 0845 and the way they are set up on 0870.  I do not believe it to be a large office so would think it made no difference other than the obvious-revenue.  My household premiums are large enough without funding their telephone systems.  Any helpful advice would be most welcome.

IP Logged

bigjohn
Supreme Member

Re: any difference between 0845/0870
Reply #1 - Jun 1st, 2005 at 9:31pm

All the advanced features you can get with 0870,apply equally to 0845,0800, or 0844 come to that.So it might be that are trying to squeeze a bit more revenue out of you,and other customers,or there supplier may have given them a new switch or similar for a share of the increased revenue

Ask them to spell out the benefits of 0870 to them,that they cant get with 0845.
Point out that 0870 is not National Rate,as NR was abolished on the 1/7/04,and that BT now describe 0870 as a  premium rate.
Also point out that the ASA does not allow them to describe 0870 as NR,and they should make it clear that calls can cost from 8p a minute.
In fact if they persist in saying calls are charged at NR and they are covered by the FSA, there may also  be a case for a complaint to the FSA .for them giving incorrect financial information in there literature.

Let us know how you get on.
« Last Edit: Jun 1st, 2005 at 9:35pm by bigjohn »  

BJ.

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #2 - Jun 2nd, 2005 at 7:55am

From what I've seen as a consumer, I think they're talking rubbish. The only difference is cost to you which is passed to their NGN telecom provider, and thus subsidises their number more (and may pay them [more] revenue).
« Last Edit: Jun 2nd, 2005 at 7:56am by Dave »  

IP Logged

davis

Reply #3 - Jun 2nd, 2005 at 7:55pm

Many thanks for that info. It's as I thought, just a ploy to get more revenue. Also I do not think that the person who answered my call really understood the difference between national rate and calls dialled nationally.  She almost asked me what part of national rate did I not understand-national all over the country and rate-everybody pays the same.  When I tried to explain it appeared that her company had done a good job in fooling her of the real costs as she thought I must have got it wrong! I will write to the managing director and see what responce I get, if any and will post reply.

IP Logged

kk

Reply #4 - Jun 5th, 2005 at 8:06pm

Hi Davis
What is the name of this insurance company?
KK

KK

IP Logged

davis

Reply #5 - Jun 7th, 2005 at 7:32pm

Hi KK
sorry for delay in replying-have been away for a few days holiday.  Were trading under the name of Bishopscourt Affinity Solutions I believe part of Liverpool Victoria group but now appears all going through a broker JR Clare.  Trust this is clear but let me know if not.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Dave, bbb_uk, CJT-80, DaveM, Forum Admin)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge