Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Swansea University - 0870 access - considering FOI (Read 35,553 times)
Smasher

UK
Re: Swansea University - 0870 access - considering
Reply #30 - Oct 18th, 2005 at 8:48am

Quote:
You seem to get a lot done for someone aged 104 Wink Grin

NGM,
SEE HERE

So what if I'm 104??  The guy above was a whole two years older! Grin You're still at one of those crazy immature 'double-figure' ages aren't you? Roll Eyes  Wink

IP Logged

Smasher

UK
Reply #31 - Nov 8th, 2005 at 5:42pm

I've emailed them but only received an email on 20th October regarding this and saying they would reply by 11th November.  Why does it take so long for a FOI request?  I'm really getting impatient and annoyed now - I'm expecting to be fobbed off with some nonsense and no geo numbers...  Angry
« Last Edit: Nov 8th, 2005 at 5:43pm by Smasher »  

IP Logged

NonGeographicalMan
Ex Member

Reply #32 - Nov 8th, 2005 at 5:53pm

Quote:
I've emailed them but only received an email on 20th October regarding this and saying they would reply by 11th November.  Why does it take so long for a FOI request?  I'm really getting impatient and annoyed now - I'm expecting to be fobbed off with some nonsense and no geo numbers...  Angry

It takes so long because the FOI rules give them 28 days to respond.

Given that these enquiries can be quite demanding and that they have businesses to run etc 28 days does not seem altogether unreasonable.  What is unreasonable is when they come back after 28 days and say they are still looking into the matter.  In my opinion the Information Commissioner should clamp down hard on such cases if he gets complaints, unless there are genuine reasons why obtaining the information really is difficult within 28 days.

When they come back they may try to claim the information is commercially confidential if an outside business operates these services for the university.  Businesses are not covered by FOI requirements.
« Last Edit: Nov 8th, 2005 at 5:54pm by N/A »  

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: bbb_uk, Forum Admin, Dave, CJT-80, DaveM)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge