idb
Supreme Member

Miami, Florida, United States
Parcelforce
Jun 8th, 2005 at 12:54pm

Source: http://www.webitpr.com/release_detail.asp?ReleaseID=2678

NewVoiceMedia Wraps Up Deal with Parcelforce Worldwide

All 53 UK depots take network-based call handler service

LAVERSTOKE, UK: Intelligent network services vendor NewVoiceMedia has been selected by Parcelforce Worldwide to provide a network-based inbound call handler service to all of the company’s 53 depots across the United Kingdom.

The deal will improve Parcelforce Worldwide’s management of inbound calls by offering call queuing, overflow between depots, and by automating the handling of simple queries and transactions from customers, ensuring that Parcelforce Worldwide’s staff are more readily available to deal with complex issues. 
Parcelforce Worldwide staff who currently answer calls at the depots are not call centre staff, but are involved in the core business of collecting, sorting and distributing parcels. This ensures that customers will speak to someone who is best placed to deal with their enquiry.

Under the deal, NewVoiceMedia will use its XML-based soft switch technology to provide an inbound call handling service to Parcelforce Worldwide. A key Parcelforce Worldwide requirement was that each of the company’s 53 depots will have its own 0870 number for inbound calls, with its own recorded greetings, but that calls should be able to overflow between depots ensuring that customers are not kept waiting for too long at busy times.

At the same time, NewVoiceMedia will provide Parcelforce Worldwide with a range of recorded messages to give customers quick answers to the most common straightforward questions, while freeing up depot staff to deal with more complex enquiries. In a future development NewVoiceMedia will also provide Parcelforce Worldwide with an automated telephone payment processing system to handle charges for customs duties, etc. [...]

<<<

"A key Parcelforce Worldwide requirement was that each of the company’s 53 depots will have its own 0870 number for inbound calls"

Why is having an 0870 number so important to Parcelforce? Exploitation perhaps?

As from November 21, 2013, I no longer participate in the forum and am unable to receive private messages.

IP Logged

NonGeographicalMan
Ex Member

Re: Parcelforce
Reply #1 - Jun 8th, 2005 at 7:07pm

Why not call Graham Wilde who is the contact on the press release and ask him what the strategic advantages of using all these 0870s might be?

Although bearing in mind that his contact number is a mobile perhaps it would be better to email him instead at graham.wilde@bwcs.com

By the way do you also contribute in the TivoCommunity forum idb?  You may know me better over there as Captain Scarlet Wink

IP Logged

idb
Supreme Member

Miami, Florida, United States
Reply #2 - Jun 8th, 2005 at 8:28pm

He probably wouldn't have a clue what I'd be talking about. I could e-mail him, but it's not going to change anything. I've had my battles with the DVLA and currently with the Home Office but I recognize that I will get nowhere with Parcelforce.

I'm not a Tivo forum member, so it must be another idb.

As from November 21, 2013, I no longer participate in the forum and am unable to receive private messages.

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #3 - Feb 19th, 2010 at 7:06pm

Parcelforce earns itself a place in the Hall of Shame. Not only has it switched from 0870 to 0844 to continue charging callers for its service covertly through their phone bills, but the overseas alternative 0191 512 7003 now just connects to a redirection message. It says to call 0844 800 4466, which has replaced the 0870 number. Furthermore, the message says that "Calls to our new number cost less than 5p per minute from a BT landline, which is than the cost of dialling an ordinary geographical telephone number".

Yet another rip-off organisation that benefits from use of a premium number without saying and one which seeks to create the impression that it does so without customers paying more to call.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Dave, DaveM, bbb_uk, Forum Admin, CJT-80)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge