Send Topic Print
Easycar Rental (Read 3,819 times)
mikeinnc

Ofcom - quis custodiet
ipsos custodes?

Perth Western Australia
Easycar Rental
Jun 29th, 2005 at 9:16pm

Well, here's a turnaround for the books! If you lease a car from Easycar, this is what is at the bottom of the rental agreement form:

Quote:
HELP LINE
Within the UK: 0906 333 3333 (Mon-Fri: 08:30 - 20:30, Sat: 09:30 - 17:30, Sun: 10:00 - 18:00)
Calls cost 60 pence per minute from UK landlines - charges from mobiles vary. Calls should last no longer than 15 minutes.
Outside the UK: 0870 60 60 100
Calls from outside the UK are charged at international call rates.

So, apart from the crass stupidity of providing a 0870 number for overseas callers - and then lying about the cost, as if it can be terminated from overseas, it is likely to be at a premium charge - the 0870 number is actually far cheaper than the number they give for UK residents!! In other words - here's one place where it is FAR cheaper to call 0870......

Is there no end to this madness?  Smiley

IP Logged

dag

Re: Easycar Rental
Reply #1 - Jul 1st, 2005 at 9:08pm

Hmm. Have you actually tried calling the 0870 number?

My point is: don't assume it's merely a cheaper alternative to the premium rate number. They might simply ask you what country they're calling from, and then refer you to a premium rate number within that particular country.

IP Logged

mikeinnc

Ofcom - quis custodiet
ipsos custodes?

Perth Western Australia
Re: Easycar Rental
Reply #2 - Jul 1st, 2005 at 9:22pm

Quote:
Hmm. Have you actually tried calling the 0870 number?

My point is: don't assume it's merely a cheaper alternative to the premium rate number. They might simply ask you what country they're calling from, and then refer you to a premium rate number within that particular country.

I think there have been a number of posts on this site that suggest you probably need to (a) supress your caller ID to the called party by predialling a code and (b) lie through your teeth about where you are calling from! If these companies have no ethics, why should we?  Grin

I think even a maximum cost 0870 call has to be cheaper than 60 pence per minute?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: bbb_uk, DaveM, Forum Admin, Dave, CJT-80)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge