Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
PC Performance - PC World Support [DSGi] (Read 13,719 times)
Jo

PC Performance - PC World Support [DSGi]
Jul 17th, 2005 at 11:52pm

Hello - I am new, so please be gentle. I have done all that's advised in the Guide and I'm very sorry if I'm being really stupid and missing it but I'm unable to find a direct number for the support package I've bought from PC World.

They're called "PC Performance" and the number is - 0870 850 0653

According to the website, their postal address is:

Write to: PC Performance Customer Services, PO Box 1686, Sheffield, S2 5YB, England.

Here is a link with
useful info
if it helps.
« Last Edit: Sep 5th, 2009 at 4:17pm by Dave »  

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Re: PC Performance - PC World Support
Reply #1 - Jul 18th, 2005 at 12:03am

Try 0800 0565732. If not, search the database for pc world and try some of the alternatives.

IP Logged

Jo

Reply #2 - Jul 18th, 2005 at 7:45am

Thank you Dave, I wasnt sure if the other numbers would be ok. A mate told me about this site when I whinged about the 0870 thing, its very useful. I cant beleive I have been spending all that money when this site was here. Marvelous.

Thank you again.

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #3 - Jul 18th, 2005 at 12:24pm

Quote:
Thank you Dave, I wasnt sure if the other numbers would be ok. ...

Please let us know whether it works. I'm not familiar with PC World myself, so I can't say.

However, you may find with some companies that the exact 0870/0845 you have isn't listed, so I advise you to search by company name.

If you search the forums you will find a few other threads requesting alternatives for this number for PC World. The number I suggested has been given elsewhere.

IP Logged

Jo

Reply #4 - Jul 19th, 2005 at 8:12am

Dave it worked Smiley

It wasnt the PC Performance dept, it was a multi choice number but it had technical support as one of the options, and through to them I got - marvelous.

Thank you very much for this, sorry for you having to repeat yourself for me, it is very much appreciated.

Grin

IP Logged

PCworldhater

Reply #5 - Sep 13th, 2005 at 8:44pm

unfortunatly they can be contacted on 08709013000 press ### that will get you through to them. or 08709016000 press###  any probs with mastercare pc world let me know and i will tell you how to sought it ou . i have just finished working there after 3 years so i know all the loop holes.

IP Logged

mc661

Habitual FOI requester.

West-Norfolk
Reply #6 - Sep 13th, 2005 at 10:57pm

Might help if you smuggled out the internal phone directory, including the store list, with all the EX D numbers in it!

IP Logged

Smasher

UK
Reply #7 - Sep 14th, 2005 at 9:25am

Quote:
unfortunatly they can be contacted on 08709013000 press ### that will get you through to them. or 08709016000 press###  any probs with mastercare pc world let me know and i will tell you how to sought it ou . i have just finished working there after 3 years so i know all the loop holes.

The point is that we can use the alternative numbers which aren't as expensive to call.

I'm considering a laptop from PC World.  Seeing as you work for them, do you have any comments for me before I spend my hard earned and saved cash? Grin  I've heard many horror stories about them but not sure whether they are true  Undecided

IP Logged

PCworldhater

Reply #8 - Sep 15th, 2005 at 9:52am

dont buy extended warentee it is a rip off. if anything majour goes wrong with it ie you break the screen you can call mastercare on 0870901600 and purchase there plan called mastercare repair and proctect which will cost around£100 they like to keep the mrp quiet as possible as they loose money on this. dont ever take a computer in to store for a health check they charge you £40 for putting in a disk and that runs a few rubbish programms that you could find on the web for nothing or they will just restore your pc back to manafacurer settings . if your going for a laptop then go for a toshiba,sony or a hp.The horror stories are more than likely true.i worked in customer services and 80 to 85% of call were abusive as pcworld stores and call centre are not very helpful and mess customers about and generaly pass you from department to department till you get fed up and either you go and buy another computer or they get you to buy there coverplan which everyone in pcworld calls it coverscam.

IP Logged

mc661

Habitual FOI requester.

West-Norfolk
Reply #9 - Sep 17th, 2005 at 3:30am

not allowed to call it cover(plan)scam anymore are you?

its pcperformance. or is it called "anything happens" now?

Could you stop posting the 0870's? This site is against them and the more you post them, the more it makes you look like a DSG employee!!!

IP Logged

russett

Re: PC Performance - PC World Support [DSGi]
Reply #10 - Sep 19th, 2005 at 9:21am

I bought a PC etc. from PC world some 3 years ago and had trouble with the screen during the first year and this was replaced like for like.....all OK.  Wink

During the second year when the manufacturers guarantee had run out and I had the same problem again, this time it had to be replaced under the extra guarantee I had been enticed into taking out on the whole equipment. Oh boy was this a different story. They sent ABSOLUTE RUBBISH and when I queried this they said they had replaced like with like. Nonsense!! I am a person who does not take these things lying down and I had a huge battle with them bringing into the dispute the manager of the shop where I had bought the equipment and he refused to help until I told him that his shop was the retailer who had sold this to me and was dulty bound to help!!!!!!! After many more telephone calls, they eventually capitulated and sent me a larger and better screen.

After this episode, I would never take take out extra guarantee on any of their products ever again and even their employees quietly agree with me!!!!

My theory on buying is select the item you would best like, then shop around for prices on that item and buy without extra guarantee.
« Last Edit: Sep 5th, 2009 at 4:17pm by Dave »  

IP Logged

tyzer

PC World Business - PC Performance [DSGi]
Reply #11 - Sep 25th, 2005 at 11:00am

Hi,

i've checked the numberas already listed, but none of them are what i am after, as they all say ring the 0870 number i already have as they don't have access to the same system as the pc world business section.

The number i have is 0870 901 4000, and this is for PC World Business, and its for the PC Performance support section.

thanks.
« Last Edit: Sep 5th, 2009 at 4:21pm by Dave »  

IP Logged

bigjohn
Supreme Member

Re: PC World Business - PC Performance [DSGi]
Reply #12 - Sep 25th, 2005 at 11:57am

The 0800 number listed under PC World

0800 0565732 will put you through.

OPT 1 for Business . OPT 4  for PC performance
« Last Edit: Sep 5th, 2009 at 4:22pm by Dave »  

BJ.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: DaveM, Forum Admin, bbb_uk, CJT-80, Dave)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge