Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Ofcom NTS Focus Group - 11 July 2005 (Read 41,868 times)
Tanllan
Supreme Member

Re: Ofcom NTS Focus Group - 11 July 2005
Reply #30 - Aug 19th, 2005 at 9:40am

Good morning. No I was not saying that it was impossible and am now sad to learn that it is. Merely a +ve thought with which to go to sleep.

Have tested my Riiiing card here and incoming OK, but no access to 089 etc. Must charge it a little more before I leave. Used Tryctil to unlock.

and Focus Group? Sorry, I thought that that was scouse: Foc us

IP Logged

NonGeographicalMan
Ex Member

Reply #31 - Aug 19th, 2005 at 10:08am

Tanllan 089 works fine on my Riiing SIM card to get a free balance on the phone as does 088 for recharge.

Or did you mean 087 when you said 089? You would not of course normally use Riiing for outgoing mobile calls in the uk.

I think it works better to run an extra mobile for your Riiing SIM.  You can get unlocked mobiles very cheaply from The Link or Carphone Warehouse stores in London, Oxford Street.
« Last Edit: Aug 19th, 2005 at 10:09am by N/A »  

IP Logged

Tanllan
Supreme Member

Reply #32 - Aug 19th, 2005 at 10:16am

087/089 whoops, sorry.

Yup.

Waiting for new Nokia 1100 to come out. Then a trip to W1  Wink

IP Logged

NonGeographicalMan
Ex Member

Reply #33 - Aug 19th, 2005 at 2:27pm

It appears that my previous now edited comment has come to the attention of Ofcom and they are personally distressed by it due to the manner in which some of their own work colleagues have been killed in the past.

On reflection perhaps I could have conveyed my unhappiness with some aspects of Ofcom policy in a more subtle manner.
« Last Edit: Aug 19th, 2005 at 8:53pm by N/A »  

IP Logged

mc661

Habitual FOI requester.

West-Norfolk
Reply #34 - Aug 19th, 2005 at 4:35pm

NGN I agree.

No where in that para does it say "go do X and Y to Z"

IP Logged

PeDaSp

Reply #35 - Aug 19th, 2005 at 8:00pm

Why don't we set up a "focus group" to discuss Ofcom's "objection" to this comment and then invite them along   Grin

Of course if we're going to follow Ofcom's model on "focus groups" we will have to pack it with members from this site!!!

I personally would not have used such an analogy; but Ofcom's anger is nothing compared to my anger at Ofcom for failing to protect the British public from the huge multi-million pound 0870 rip-off.

Among the people being scammed are thousands of hard working police; nurses; bus/tube drivers etc... all who took the brunt of the aftermath of the terrible London bombings. Not to mention all the worried folk who were forced to PAY a nasty sum of money by having to call the casualty line 0870 number.

If you're reading this members of OFCOM: grow up and concentrate on your job - which is protecting ME and the rest of the British population from the telecom companies who are effectively trying to STEAL and SCAM money from us.

Thank God for freedom of speech.

IP Logged

dorf
Supreme Member

I hate Qs on Premium NGNs

UK
Reply #36 - Aug 19th, 2005 at 10:04pm

I think perhaps we should have a consultation, after applying the necessary redactions of course to all published information except to members of this forum. But wait a minute .....!

Does this support my previous claims that Ofcom representatives and certain telcos keep an eye on what is posted here? Is that why someone was offended?

Ofcom are completely ineffectual

IP Logged

NonGeographicalMan
Ex Member

Reply #37 - Aug 19th, 2005 at 10:08pm

Quote:
Does this support my previous claims that Ofcom representatives and certain telcos keep an eye on what is posted here? Is that why someone was offended?

The Communications Director of Ofcom himself monitors posts made in this forum but claim he does not make any posts of his own.

I am not actually convinced that the Communication Director of Ofcom actually sleeps so intense a one man band of activity does he appear to be.

If other members of Ofcom staff were as conscientious perhaps the 084/7x ripoff would not have been allowed in the first place.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Forum Admin, Dave, bbb_uk, CJT-80, DaveM)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge