<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Truth or not? (Read 4,459 times)
wallyjl

Truth or not?
Aug 20th, 2005 at 1:02pm

I refused to contact a supplier on an 0870 number as I have an exclusive landline calls package. I emailed them and asked them to let me have a geographical number that I could ring an received the following reply "Sorry we have no alternative number for you to contact us on".
Is this possible? I thought that a geographical number was also required

IP Logged

mc661

Habitual FOI requester.

West-Norfolk
Re: Truth or not?
Reply #1 - Aug 20th, 2005 at 1:14pm

yes and no

Ask them for the number that international callers can call on, or do your business via email. Failing that, lie and say in emails that you cant call 0870/0845/0844/0871 and premium rate numbers from your phone.

Most of the drones that answer emails wouldnt have a fogiest on a Geo Number anyway.

IP Logged

Shiggaddi

Saltash, Cornwall
Reply #2 - Aug 20th, 2005 at 1:16pm

Don't know which company you tried to contact, but chances are they are lying.

How about e-mailing them again, explaining that you're abroad, and wish to phone them, and your telecoms provider can't connect the call to the 0870 number.

Alternatively, the company might be listed on this site, so you might be able to find the geo number.

When pushed companies always have an alternative number in the end.  You just need to push the issue further.

I realy hait itt wen peeple canot spel proply. Itt getts onn mye nervs sew mutch annd streses mee owt. Knot onley iz itt vary bade speling butt allso bade gramer.

IP Logged

Heinz
Supreme Member

Essex
Reply #3 - Aug 20th, 2005 at 2:01pm

Quote:
I refused to contact a supplier on an 0870 number as I have an exclusive landline calls package. I emailed them and asked them to let me have a geographical number that I could ring an received the following reply "Sorry we have no alternative number for you to contact us on".
Is this possible? I thought that a geographical number was also required
The most likely scenarios are:

(1) "We make additional profit by fleecing our customers with our 0870 number so, if we're ever asked for the geographical 'point to' alternative, we lie and say there isn't one (and that fools most people)."

(2) "I just answer the phone here.  What the #@$%> are you talking about?"

After years of ignoring govt. guidelines & RIPPING OFF Council Tax payers using 0845 numbers, Essex County Council changed to 0345 numbers on 2 November 2015
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: DaveM, Dave, bbb_uk, Forum Admin, CJT-80)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge