Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
FOI Response - HM Revenue & Customs (Tax Credits) (Read 14,286 times)
bbb_uk
Global Moderator

FOI Response - HM Revenue & Customs (Tax Credits)
Sep 4th, 2005 at 8:36pm

I have sent off an FOI to the newly named HM Revenue & Customs (formerly Inland Revenue) with regards to the geographical number for the Tax Credits helpline, 0845 3003 900.

I specifically haven't asked for any other number (ie Tax offices, etc) as I want to see what the outcome of this FOI request is first.
« Last Edit: Nov 18th, 2005 at 5:00pm by bbb_uk »  

IP Logged

derrick
Supreme Member

Re: FOI Request - HM Revenue & Customs
Reply #1 - Sep 4th, 2005 at 10:41pm

I sent to HMRC in March this year for tax office numbers, after several emails and phone calls , to someone called  Bill Smith,
all resulting in long winded refusals, I asked for an internal revue before "I put the matter to the Information Commissionaire" It was only then that I got the numbers, however it did take a total of 4 months.

IP Logged

bbb_uk
Global Moderator

Re: FOI Request - HM Revenue & Customs
Reply #2 - Nov 15th, 2005 at 6:25pm

I've received a reply back (finally) regarding my FOI.

It is in snail mail format (modern technology is not in the goverments vocabulary), so I'll just highlight things below:-
  • They reluctantly have supplied geographicals (I need to go through them all and check them)
  • They don't receive any revenue from 0845 calls and in fact pay BT (how much was withheld - commercially confidential)
  • They are aware that local/national calls are now the same price due to effective competition (in the geographical region anyhow).
  • They are aware of difficulties from abroad and calling from mobiles (excessive costs)
  • They are currently awaiting Ofcom's final report on NTS in the UK.

UPDATE:

Confirmed and added geographicals to the database.
« Last Edit: Nov 18th, 2005 at 4:59pm by bbb_uk »  

IP Logged

loddon
Supreme Member

Reading  UK
Re: FOI Response - HM Revenue & Customs (Tax Credi
Reply #3 - Mar 21st, 2006 at 9:59pm

I don't know if anyone has pointed this out before --- but ---- on the new HM Revenue website if you ckick "Contact Us" it gives 3 options -
      Individuals & Employees
      Employers
      Businesses & Corporations
  All the "Individuals" numbers are 0845 or 0870  -- whereas ALL the "Employers" and "Businesses" numbers are normal geographic!!!!

What the hell are they doing??!!  Surely this is blatant discrimination against the individual and utter favouritism for the business community!!

What do you think and what should we do about it???

Meantime I guess we should always call as a business/employer if we can't find a geo number on this site.

Campaignagainstripofftelecoms  
IP Logged

Ancient_Mariner

Reply #4 - Mar 22nd, 2006 at 3:54pm

Re:
"What the hell are they doing??!!  Surely this is blatant discrimination against the individual and utter favouritism for the business community!!

What do you think and what should we do about it??? "

You could ask another FOI to them asking for the reason for the discrimination?

IP Logged

NonGeographicalMan
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Apr 4th, 2006 at 10:06pm

loddon wrote on Mar 21st, 2006 at 9:59pm:
What do you think and what should we do about it???

Either

Make a Freedom of Information Act request to find out why the Inland Revenue are discriminating against the citizen consumers that the useless OfCoN is supposed to but never does protect to ccp.disclosure@ir.gsi.gov.uk. - see www.hmrc.gov.uk/about/foi.htm for more info.

And/Or

Make a complaint to your Regional Inland Revenue (or should that be HMRC now) Directors Office for your local area.  They are supposed to investigate all High Level Complaints against the Inland Revenue

See Page 12 of the extremely useful but well hidden leaflet on the Inland Revenue's website called Puting Things Right -www.hmrc.gov.uk/leaflets/cop1.pdf

And/Or

Email the top brass on the HMRC board responsible for this whole fiasco who you can find at www.hmrc.gov.uk/board/index.htm

The standard email addres format for each of these people is firstname.lastname@hmrc.gsi.gov.uk

And/Or

Ask your MP to write to the Chairman of HMRC David Varney asking for more information on this outrageous discrimination against ordinary private taxpayers.

Good Luck.
« Last Edit: Apr 4th, 2006 at 10:15pm by N/A »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: bbb_uk, CJT-80, Dave, DaveM, Forum Admin)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge