<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Rip off (Read 3,799 times)
meblueboy

Rip off
Sep 11th, 2005 at 10:46pm

Thanks for this site. Long may it succeed. What I would like to know is when I connect to an 0870 number and go through the multi choice menu and any other information they see fit to enforce on me are they stealing my money? I have found several numbers that go through the routine only to tell you that there is a high demand for that location or I am in a queue. Next time I try again I have to listen to the same garbage and pay again. Now I have found this site I will be checking for alternatives. Keep up the good work

IP Logged

Shiggaddi

Saltash, Cornwall
Re: Rip off
Reply #1 - Sep 11th, 2005 at 11:11pm

Yes, you are indeed paying, from the moment the call is connected and you're greeted with "Welcome to ABC company"

Call queuing is what makes 0870 worse.  If someone just answered every call, then they would have to pay a member of staff wages for every minute that you spend on the phone.

However with call queuing, they receive the revenue from the 0870 call, even though the call is being dealt with by machines, therefore not having to pay for any human interaction.  In some bad cases, people hang up after 20 minutes without the call being handled at any point by a human.  Machines don't need wages, so the 0870 revenue in those circumstances are almost all profit.

This adds alot of profitability to companies using 0870, and alot of cost onto the general public.

So next time you're in a queue not only are you wasting time by being on hold, but you're paying the company you're calling for the privilege.

I realy hait itt wen peeple canot spel proply. Itt getts onn mye nervs sew mutch annd streses mee owt. Knot onley iz itt vary bade speling butt allso bade gramer.

IP Logged

Rachael

Reply #2 - Sep 12th, 2005 at 12:20pm

This is clearly not ethical, but is it legal?

I've just called direct line insurance and the message said it was going to disconnect the number shortly and gave out an 0845 number. Argggggggggggggghhhhhhhh!

How can we get round that!?

IP Logged

bigjohn
Supreme Member

Reply #3 - Sep 12th, 2005 at 1:37pm

Quote:
This is clearly not ethical, but is it legal?

I've just called direct line insurance and the message said it was going to disconnect the number shortly and gave out an 0845 number. Argggggggggggggghhhhhhhh!

How can we get round that!?

Ignore that message hang on and you will eventully get connected to customer services.

BJ.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: bbb_uk, Forum Admin, CJT-80, DaveM, Dave)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge