Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
New V2 of YaBB Forum Software Used for saynoto0870 (Read 621,287 times)
NonGeographicalMan
Ex Member

Re: New V2 of YaBB Forum Software Used for saynoto
Reply #15 - Oct 31st, 2005 at 7:03pm

Quote:
Hi NGM,

I believe the new software will take you to the last page of the thread (rather than the last post you have read) - Although I will give this a try and double check.

Thanks
Daniel

Daniel,

I have just checked by joining a multi page thread in the Netgem section of the now YaBB V2 Radio and Telly forum and making a post.

The Update email indeed takes you to the last active page of the thread rather than Page 1.  It also stops you getting endless repeat emails on an active threads for every single new post.  Instead you only get one post the first time a thread you are subscribed to has an update message and then not until you visit the thread again.  This is a particular advantage if you go on holiday, where in Yabb V1 an active thread can cause you to be sent loads of duplicate update emails for a single active thread.

IP Logged

Forum Admin
YaBB Administrator

Reply #16 - Oct 31st, 2005 at 7:07pm

Thanks for letting me know.

I will try and get the forum issues ironed out, and then get it upgraded as soon as possible.

Thanks again
Daniel

Check Out the main website at http://www.saynoto0870.com
IP Logged

NonGeographicalMan
Ex Member

Reply #17 - Oct 31st, 2005 at 7:16pm

Quote:
Thanks for letting me know.

I will try and get the forum issues ironed out, and then get it upgraded as soon as possible.

Thanks again
Daniel

Perhaps you should ask Pete, the forum administrator at http://www.radioandtelly.co.uk for some advice as he seemed to do the upgrade without much of a hitch on Saturday.  Of course YaBB V2 has only been out as an official release version (rather than as a Beta) for a month or so.

The main thing that went wrong with Pete's upgrade was losing all the message subscriptions for existing forum users.  May be worth asking on the YaBB forum why they think this might happen during an upgrade.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: DaveM, bbb_uk, Dave, CJT-80, Forum Admin)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge