Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 
Send Topic Print
OFCOM - FUTURE OF 0870 NUMBERS - CONSULTATION (Read 366,261 times)
bbb_uk
Global Moderator

Re: OFCOM - FUTURE OF 0870 NUMBERS - CONSULTATION
Reply #375 - May 24th, 2006 at 5:34pm

Did I miss something?  This consultation has closed and Ofcom's response announced already!

There are two consultations that I know of (although knowing Ofcom more are probably in the pipeline), they are Safeguarding the use of Numbers which actually closed 30minutes ago, and Retail Price Control Consultation which closes in 5 days time.  The latter one mentions Ofcom removing the regultary regulations on most of BT's prices which could easily mean higher linerental for us!

IP Logged

NonGeographicalMan
Ex Member

Reply #376 - May 24th, 2006 at 5:51pm

bbb_uk wrote on May 24th, 2006 at 5:34pm:
There are two consultations that I know of (although knowing Ofcom more are probably in the pipeline), they are Safeguarding the use of Numbers which actually closed 30minutes ago, and Retail Price Control Consultation which closes in 5 days time.  The latter one mentions Ofcom removing the regultary regulations on most of BT's prices which could easily mean higher linerental for us!

Sorry to correct you bbb_uk but Safeguarding the Future of Numbers actually closes tomorrow May 25th following the extension of the previous early May deadline by Ofcom.

See P.1 of www.ofcom.org.uk/consult/condocs/numberingreview/numbering.pdf and the list of still open Ofcom telecoms consultations at www.ofcom.org.uk/consult/condocs/?open=Yes&sector=Telecoms

There never was a consultation called Ofcom - Future of 0870 Numbers.  There were consultations called NTS Options For The Future and NTS  A Way Forward which then led on to Ofcom's recent statement on 084/7 numbers and of course the proposals in the still open consultation that closes tomorrow on Safeguarding The Future of Numbers but which are largely pre-empted in pary by the Statement on 084/7 numbers that came out of the NTS Way Forward and NTS Options For the Future consultations. I not unnaturally thought kk must therefore be referrring to Safeguarding The Future of Numbers at this particular moment in time.

Do you perhaps have a Tardis bbb_uk and so are travelling one day in the future ahead of the rest of us? Wink Smiley Cheesy
« Last Edit: May 24th, 2006 at 5:54pm by N/A »  

IP Logged

kk

Reply #377 - May 24th, 2006 at 6:11pm

I was thinking about the two NTS consultations.

KK

IP Logged

bbb_uk
Global Moderator

Reply #378 - May 24th, 2006 at 6:26pm

Quote:
Do you perhaps have a Tardis bbb_uk and so are travelling one day in the future ahead of the rest of us? Wink Smiley Cheesy
My mistake I'm a day ahead of myself.  I'm just filling in my response now thinking I hope they accept it being a few hours late.   Wink

Oh and I wish I did have a Tardis  Grin

IP Logged

NonGeographicalMan
Ex Member

Reply #379 - May 24th, 2006 at 6:29pm

kk wrote on May 24th, 2006 at 6:11pm:
I was thinking about the two NTS consultations.

Did you miss Ofcom's Statement on its future approach on 084/7 numbers only a few weeks ago.  Unfortunately it seems impossible to trace now on the Ofcom website. Shocked Huh

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #380 - May 24th, 2006 at 8:20pm

Quote:
Did you miss Ofcom's Statement on its future approach on 084/7 numbers only a few weeks ago.  Unfortunately it seems impossible to trace now on the Ofcom website. Shocked Huh

What's this then?  Huh

IP Logged

kk

Reply #381 - May 24th, 2006 at 10:57pm

Thanks Dave and NGM -  I am confused tonight, I must be suffering from consultation fatigue - all is now clear.
« Last Edit: May 24th, 2006 at 10:59pm by kk »  

KK

IP Logged

NonGeographicalMan
Ex Member

Reply #382 - May 24th, 2006 at 11:39pm

kk wrote on May 24th, 2006 at 10:57pm:
Thanks Dave and NGM -  I am confused tonight, I must be suffering from consultation fatigue - all is now clear.

Ofcom's whole game is to cause everyone to eventually suffere consulation fatigue (they have 200 consultations a year or something none of which they apparently take any notice of) and give up on responding to their consultations once the respondees learn the lesson that Ofcom's game is to simply pretend to consult then ignore all the views received, other than those in support of what they were intending to do in the first place.

I should have responded to the Voip services consultation. There were some important issues to address buth there are only so many hours in the day and what's the point in making the effort only to have one's views filed and ignored by some hardbitten Ofcom cynic focused only on the next promotion and not making any waves that might prevent the further enhancement of his or her's superannuated pension! Sad Angry Cry

IP Logged

kk

Reply #383 - May 25th, 2006 at 9:53am

The entire way that Ofcom operate is becoming clear. They do not begin to fulfil the statutory obligation to look after the interests of the citizen - consumer, but blatantly act as the de facto telecom trade association.  The subscriptions being paid by the taxpayer.  

The many headed Hydra of the “084x and 087x” scam has not been slain.   At the mere mention of cutting off the 0870 head, 0844 grows.  0844 cost 400% more than 0870 for most of the week, and cost more than 0870 in a pay-phone all the time.  So why leave 0845 and 0844, they are as evil as 0870, and more so, as they are portrayed as “just a local call” to disarm critics.

I think a formal complaint to the National Audit Office is overdue.

In a nightmare - Ofcom was put in charge of the Home Office.

Some weeks later the headlines read: “Bunglers are complaining that the 5 lever mortice locks fitted to houses are harming trade. An Ofcom spokesman (himself a reformed burglar) said: ‘Burglary is now a multi-million pound business and an important factor in the UK economy.  I advise all householders that have 5 lever mortice locks on the front door to leave the back door open.’ The spokesman confirmed that: 'Ofcom has conducted research on this problem and the many focus groups consulted had reinforced Ofcom's advice.  We even consulted the respected statistical expert, Professor Sir Roy Meadows, who confirmed our findings.’ ...”
« Last Edit: May 25th, 2006 at 12:48pm by kk »  

KK

IP Logged

NonGeographicalMan
Ex Member

Reply #384 - May 25th, 2006 at 10:02am

kk wrote on May 25th, 2006 at 9:53am:
In a nightmare - Ofcom was put in charge of the Home Office.

Some weeks later the headlines read: “Bunglers are complaining that the 5 lever mortice locks fitted to houses are harming trade. An Ofcom spokesman (himself a reformed thief) said: ‘Burglary is now a multi-million pound business and an important factor in the UK economy.  I advise all householders that have 5 lever mortice locks on the front door to leave the back door open.’ The spokesman confirmed that: 'Ofcom has conducted research on this problem and the many focus groups consulted had reinforced Ofcoms advice.  We even consulted the respected statistical expert, Professor Sir Roy Meadows, who confirmed our findings.’ ...”

kk,

You had me burst out with laughter at this amusing anecdote which while seemingly a little OTT is basically true since all claims that 0870 and 0845 are national and local rate that spineless Ofcom allows to continue to this very day do amount to organised theft via telecoms consumer deception.
« Last Edit: May 25th, 2006 at 10:02am by N/A »  

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: CJT-80, bbb_uk, Forum Admin, Dave, DaveM)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge