Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
University of Sheffield Student Accommodation (Read 12,930 times)
victoria

University of Sheffield Student Accommodation
Oct 3rd, 2005 at 8:50pm

Hi there
I am trying to find the geographical number for students accommodation at the Tapton Hall of Residence, Crookes Road, Sheffield S10 2AZ.

The number the university has given is 0870 888 39**

If anyone can help it would be very much appreciated!
Many thanks

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Re: University of Sheffield Student Accommodation
Reply #1 - Oct 4th, 2005 at 7:38pm

The unverified list has an entry for Sheffield University. It is 0114 21xxxxx, where xxxxx is extension number (assuming extensions are 5 digits). Please let us know how you get on.

IP Logged

victoria

Reply #2 - Oct 5th, 2005 at 4:35pm

Many thanks Dave, I got through on the number given on the unverified list !!!
Although the number listed for that accommodation was Ranmoor Hall the same prefix obviously works for other accommodation within the university.
Once again thank you very much for this info!
with kind regards

IP Logged

nuff

Reply #3 - Nov 7th, 2007 at 2:47pm

Re Sheffield University accomodation

The 0114 21 5xxxx  only takes you to university switch board when I tried it.

(Also only during office hours)

The numbers that I had for xxxx were in Ranmoor (due to be demolished Dec/Jan08 - will that affect anything ??)
Fortunately nobody becomes homeless, everybody has to pack their bags for Endcliffe Village, once they have finished building some more rooms. I guess the numbers may be transferred, or they they may just start again.  Has anyone found numbers for the existing rooms there yet?

I'll post more info when I can find it out.

Any further suggestions anyone?

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #4 - Nov 7th, 2007 at 2:51pm

nuff wrote on Nov 7th, 2007 at 2:47pm:

It will help if you can confirm what the name of the operator is. For example, KeyTalk (Keycom), Dog n Bone Zone etc.

Also, what are the first few digits of the 0870 number? Are they as the original post: 0870 888 39** ?

IP Logged

jgxenite
Supreme Member

Help us to help you -
read the instructions!!

Reply #5 - Nov 7th, 2007 at 3:40pm

The 0114 21 5xxxx  only takes you to university switch board when I tried it.

(Also only during office hours)

This number used to work two years ago when I was in halls at Sheffield, but may have since changed. I don't know who runs the service at Sheffield, but I know that I was given a Dog and Bone card in my first year for making outbound calls (not that I ever did).

I recall seeing (although I can't find it now) one of my friends with an 0845 number on their profile. I believe that they were in the new Encliffe site (aka The Edge) and so I guessed that was the new contact number for students. I know one or two people living in the Edge so will have to ask them what their room contact number is (both internal and external) - might help us find an alternative.

I don't mind helping you with your request as long as you read the instructions!

IP Logged

jgxenite
Supreme Member

Help us to help you -
read the instructions!!

Reply #6 - Nov 7th, 2007 at 4:07pm

Ah, found it. They are not at the Edge, they are in fact in Opal 2 - new private accommodation owned by Opal but let out by the University (I think!) He has the following number - 0845 421 xxxx (Affiniti Integrated Solutions Ltd). However, I do not know if these numbers are callable from the University so that probably won't help in our search for the new alternative.

I should point out that the phone system at the University is run by Corporate Information and Computing Services (CiCS), and as far as I am aware, the telephone network is run by Telewest (although there is mention of BT on some of the pages). The numbers (0114 222 and 0114 215) are both owned by Telewest.

I don't mind helping you with your request as long as you read the instructions!

IP Logged

nuff

Reply #7 - Nov 7th, 2007 at 8:51pm

Dave wrote on Nov 7th, 2007 at 2:51pm:

It will help if you can confirm what the name of the operator is. For example, KeyTalk (Keycom), Dog n Bone Zone etc.

Also, what are the first few digits of the 0870 number? Are they as the original post: 0870 888 39** ?

number is 0870 888 44**

dialling 01142 215 44** put me through to the switchboard (but not much use at night)

I will try to get more details on provider &c. (Also whether they use separate (unrelated) extension numbers - hadn't thought of that before...)

IP Logged

nuff

Reply #8 - Nov 7th, 2007 at 9:29pm

Aha! Sorted!

The phone's have an extension number that is unrelated to the 0870 number 
(0870 888 44xy = ext 581ab  reached by 0114 21 581ab).

Therefore I needed to find internal extension number and not the 0870 number.

I have now tried and suceeded with this number. I will let you know if the new numbers work the same after the move.

Many thanks for pointing me in the right direction. Now for the next university...

IP Logged

jgxenite
Supreme Member

Help us to help you -
read the instructions!!

Reply #9 - Nov 7th, 2007 at 10:15pm

Yes, the 0870 number is completely unrelated to the internal extension number (as far as we are aware). Again, as far as we aware (I've not spoken to anybody I know in the new accommodation), the internal extensions are of the format 5abcd. This number should be directly related to the 0114 number - 0114 215 abcd. Note that unlike the rest of the university numbers (222 xxxx), the numbers are not 225 - those numbers are allocated to Sheffield Hallam!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Forum Admin, Dave, DaveM, CJT-80, bbb_uk)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge