Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Inland Rev & PC World (Read 18,824 times)
Keith

Surrey
Inland Rev & PC World
Oct 31st, 2005 at 4:50pm

2 requests and some comments:

Inland Revenue:

Inland Revenue Income Tax for the Woking Area 0845 3667825. Previously found another number to get around the 0845 number which was 01784 495 511, however when I tried it this time I was told this was not the number to use (it was for other purposes) and I was given the 0845 number. I explained why I refused to use the 0845 number and after a little banter the lady I was speaking to said she would get someone to get back to me.

You feel like a complete fool giving the reason for not using the 0845 number. I'm sure she thought I was a little sad because I'm sure she was thinking 'but it's just a local call' and trying to go through the whole explanation of the objection is pointless when they want to get on with their real work!

PC World:

I tried the two numbers given on the alternative number list. One got no answer (the geographic number). The other got me through but it was for existing customers support. I want to get a non-PC World computer repaired and for this they redirected me to the number I already had which is 0870-242-0444.

All their numbers are 0870, even sales, customer services and head office. I particularly object to the use of 0870 on sales and customer services lines. I don't expect to pay the supplier and for them to earn money out of my enquiry to give them business - it is a very odd way to operate.

I have emailed them for a geographic number, making it clear that they will not get my business without one.

However if anyone does have a geograhic number for them I would appreciate it.

I wonder how much business they lose because of this. They will certainly lose my compnay business if they can't provide a number. ???

IP Logged

sirp2000

Sussex
Re: Inland Rev & PC World
Reply #1 - Nov 1st, 2005 at 11:36am

For Inland Revenue Woking try 0239 270 3003.  You may have to bluff your way through as this is an agents' priority line and I am not sure how much resistance you'll get.

IP Logged

NonGeographicalMan
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Nov 1st, 2005 at 6:06pm

Quote:
For Inland Revenue Woking try 0239 270 3003.  You may have to bluff your way through as this is an agents' priority line and I am not sure how much resistance you'll get.

Most Inland Revenue staff normally bend over backwards to be helpful contrary to the poor image they sometimes enjoy.  They only have to use these numbers because the Inland Revenue board have decreed it to be so.

IP Logged

dad2711

kent
Reply #3 - Nov 1st, 2005 at 8:06pm

we had a problem again with tax credits so tonight at 5.50pm as we could not get through on the Ireland number we used the On-Line Helpdesk number 01274..xx The lady with persuasion put my wife through to Tax Credits Problem sorted again.  So if you persevere you can force them into allowing you around the system. Smiley

dad2711 &&I try to find numbers :--  but now im getting better at finding them

IP Logged

NonGeographicalMan
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Nov 1st, 2005 at 8:15pm

Quote:
we had a problem again with tax credits so tonight at 5.50pm as we could not get through on the Ireland number we used the On-Line Helpdesk number 01274..xx The lady with persuasion put my wife through to Tax Credits Problem sorted again.  So if you persevere you can force them into allowing you around the system. Smiley

In my experience most Inland Revenue call centre staff are really quite nice and helpful compared to the people employed by call centres of many other uk businesses.  Of course that may be because when dealing with tax it usually actually requires a brain to do the job Shocked Grin

IP Logged

Keith

Surrey
Reply #5 - Nov 1st, 2005 at 11:02pm

Thanks for all your replies.

I actually got a call back from the nice Inland Rev lady answering my query and it gave me an oportunity to explain my objection to calling 0845 numbers without sounding a complete loony. Up until that point she (like many) thought the 0845 number was a useful cheap call - so that is another one educated hopefully.

Thanks for the suggestion of using the agents number. I should have thought of that myself because perversely as I look after my wifes tax affairs I have to be registered as her agent otherwise they won't deal with me, so I'm entitled to use these numbers for her, but not for me ???

Re PC World - they haven't replied to my email yet and I've found alternative help so that is business they have definitely lost through their use of 0870. ???

IP Logged

Keith

Surrey
Reply #6 - Nov 2nd, 2005 at 11:36am

I have sent the following 2 email to PC World

Email 2:

Re my email below, I haven't received a reply. I will need several items as well as repairs over the next few months of probably several thousand pounds as well as on going business.

As mentioned as part of the 'say no to 0870' campaign I will not call an 0870 number. If you want my business please supply me with a geographic number for either your Guildford or Farnborough stores.

It would seem perverse to lose this potential business.

Have you considered how much business you do lose by the use of 0870 numbers

Email 1:

I'm interesting in getting some hardware repaired. If successful I will then purchase additional hardware for the business. I administer the pressure group for a major software supplier. My local store will be
Farnborough or Guildford.

Can you please give me contact telephone numbers for these stores. As a member of the 'Say no to 0870' campaign I will NOT call a 0870 number for a sales enquiry. Can you please supply a geographic number which each store must have.

Thanks in advance.

IP Logged

NonGeographicalMan
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Nov 2nd, 2005 at 11:39am

But did you make your email make a difference by sending it to the PC World top brass?

andrew.turner@pcworld.co.uk;andrew.gabriel@pcworld.co.uk;james.welsh@pcworld.co.
uk;phil.birbeck@pcworld.co.uk;steve.campbell@pcworld.co.uk;paul.mitford@pcworld.
co.uk;neil.old@pcworld.co.uk
« Last Edit: Nov 2nd, 2005 at 11:40am by N/A »  

IP Logged

Keith

Surrey
Reply #8 - Nov 2nd, 2005 at 11:46am

Thank you for the top brass addresses. I will wait a few days for a failure to reply or a non-supply of Geo Numbers and then send a strong email to these names pointing out their lost business.

By the way, not that I'm counting but my last 2 posts were both numbered 27 ??? Odd!

IP Logged

NonGeographicalMan
Ex Member

Reply #9 - Nov 2nd, 2005 at 11:50am

Quote:
By the way, not that I'm counting but my last 2 posts were both numbered 27 ??? Odd!

The Posts figure is a total of all the Posts you have evere made in the forum and is not the number of that Post.

The Posts figure on all your old posts constantly updates to reflect the total number of Posts in the forum you have now made.

IP Logged

Keith

Surrey
Reply #10 - Nov 4th, 2005 at 3:03pm

Quote:
But did you make your email make a difference by sending it to the PC World top brass?

andrew.turner@pcworld.co.uk;andrew.gabriel@pcworld.co.uk;
james.welsh@pcworld.co.uk;phil.birbeck@pcworld.co.uk;
steve.campbell@pcworld.co.uk;paul.mitford@pcworld.co.uk;
neil.old@pcworld.co.uk

As promised in my reply to this post I did email the PC World email addresses you supplied having not had a reply to my email to the sales email address. I rec'd the following reply:

"Thank you for your email.

I would like to refer you to a web site called WWW.saynoto0870.com which provides you with an alternative telephone number for PC World.

For you reference the telephone number is
0800 0565732.

Kind Regards"

A pleasant reply, but I'm a little shocked that they rely on this web site to become the official directory if you want to avoid paying for 0870 numbers. It would be a little more convenient just to publish the number. Any how I had tried that number in the first place to no avail. Please see my reply below:

"I tried it. I'm a member of 'say no to 0870'. I could only get through to the team that supports existing customers i.e. for hardware problems on PC World supplied m/cs. I explained that it was not a PC World m/c that I wanted to put in for a hardware repair under an existing maintenance contact, but that I wanted to get a non-PC World m/c repaired (ie new business for you) as per your Yellow Pages advert. I was given an 0870 number which was the same as the one in Yellow
Pages.

I was told this was the only number. I tried your web site and all numbers on that are 0870 also. I'm amazed that you use 0870 numbers for Sales and Customer
Services."
« Last Edit: Nov 4th, 2005 at 3:18pm by Dave »  

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #11 - Nov 4th, 2005 at 3:24pm

Keith, please post requests on separate threads in the future. Having them together makes it very difficult to refer back for useful information and to continue the thread on either PC World or Inland Revenue.

IP Logged

Keith

Surrey
Reply #12 - Nov 4th, 2005 at 3:42pm

Quote:
Keith, please post requests on separate threads in the future. Having them together makes it very difficult to refer back for useful information and to continue the thread on either PC World or Inland Revenue.

No problem. I agree as I have to say I was having the same thought Grin

IP Logged

Keith

Surrey
Reply #13 - Nov 7th, 2005 at 3:52pm

Rec'd a call from PC World, Guildford following my email to the 'top brass'.

Unfortunately it is a bit late and my PC has gone in for repair elsewhere, but the good news is I do have a tel no for the future and for anyone else who needs it:

01483-449683

Sorry this is probably is a silly question but how do I get this on the database. I'm embarassed that with 30 odd posts this is the first I'm adding Embarrassed

IP Logged

NonGeographicalMan
Ex Member

Reply #14 - Nov 7th, 2005 at 4:02pm

Quote:
Sorry this is probably is a silly question but how do I get this on the database. I'm embarassed that with 30 odd posts this is the first I'm adding Embarrassed

There is a button to Add a new number at the top of the http://www.saynoto0870.com Home Page Roll Eyes

Just next to the button to look up an alternative number to an 0870 number Wink

In case its still not obvious here is the actual page for adding a new number:-

http://www.saynoto0870.com/add.php

So you add it there then wait 6 to 9 months for Dave or DaveM to get round to checking it and adding it the Verified List (meanwhile you can see it straight away in the Unverified List).  Or you could complain to Dave or DaveM after a week or so that they haven't done it yet and get it added the very next day Wink Grin
« Last Edit: Nov 7th, 2005 at 4:02pm by N/A »  

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Forum Admin, bbb_uk, CJT-80, Dave, DaveM)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge