Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
0870 The other side of the story (Read 28,882 times)
lompos
Supreme Member

Re: 0870 The other side of the story
Reply #15 - Nov 27th, 2005 at 1:57pm

Dear Call Centre person

There is a growing number of people who, if there is a choice, boycot commercial organisations with 087 or 084 numbers.  I am one of those and I know quite a few others who do the same.  Although not easy to measure, this may well start to bite and have a bearing on the profitability of your company and your job security.

IP Logged

gdh82

Reply #16 - Nov 27th, 2005 at 3:14pm

Quote:
I hope you understand that I must remain anonymous.

This could be one reason why call centre worker may not wish to post again?  Although I am clearly on the SayNoTo0870 side of the fence, perhaps in the interests of fairplay, someone could remove from this thread all references to the the call centre's identity ?
« Last Edit: Nov 27th, 2005 at 3:15pm by gdh82 »  

There's more of us that them, stick together and challenge 0870/0845 etc etc

IP Logged

omy

I came - I saw - I went
home.

Reply #17 - Nov 27th, 2005 at 6:48pm

I must agree.
When I made my original response , I did suggest to 'call centre worker' that we were all anonymous already (albeit I did it 'tongue-in-cheek').
But there was no reason to name her, as happened in the following post, although I see that it has been edited now to remove said name.
Well done gdh82 for prompting this action.

IP Logged

gdh82

Reply #18 - Nov 27th, 2005 at 10:04pm

Thank you for editing out those details and thanks to Omy for the support.

Maybe I'm being naive but I'd like to think that when someone like the call centre worker makes such a post, an open debate could follow where reasoned argument is the winner.  Its my opinion that a call centre worker could prove an important contributor to this forum, and particularly so if they could be persuaded of the merits of our views. 

This is the first forum that I've got involved with, and I've always been impressed by the wit, intelligence and helpfulness of the average post! And the above editing only confirms this to me.

So, if you're out there Call Centre Worker, do try to overlook this mishap and do re-join the debate!

IP Logged

jrawle
Supreme Member

Didcot, Oxfordshire
Reply #19 - Nov 28th, 2005 at 1:02am

omy wrote on Nov 27th, 2005 at 6:48pm:
I must agree.
When I made my original response , I did suggest to 'call centre worker' that we were all anonymous already (albeit I did it 'tongue-in-cheek').
But there was no reason to name her, as happened in the following post, although I see that it has been edited now to remove said name.
Well done gdh82 for prompting this action.

No-one named "call centre worker" deliberately. If you click on her username, you'll see that her actual username is still her real name. She must have chosen that, had second thoughts, so changed her nickname. But this (apparently) only creates an alias.

Of course, this is assuming that really is her real name.

IP Logged

omy

I came - I saw - I went
home.

Reply #20 - Nov 28th, 2005 at 8:18am

Thanks, jrawle, I had not looked at the listing - and I see where her name now came from.  Presumably an error on her part when registering (or a cunning double-bluff to throw us all off, even further Grin). Could it be an Ofcom employee?  Hang on - that implies a brain was used to think up the ruse.  Discount that idea then Wink Wink
« Last Edit: Nov 28th, 2005 at 8:19am by omy »  

IP Logged

gdh82

Reply #21 - Nov 28th, 2005 at 9:47am

I too had previously looked up the listing, jrawle, but I still disagree.  It does seem that this person had mistakenly gave details of her identity when registering but had also clearly stated in her post that she wished to remain anonymous.  In my opinion, there is a world of difference between the above and then including these such details so publicly in this thread!  Worse still, we're now highlighting how others can look up this information!!!

I don't wish to pick a argument on this issue (honest!) but I feel the forum would struggle to keep the moral high ground on this particular point! Embarrassed
« Last Edit: Nov 28th, 2005 at 9:49am by gdh82 »  

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: CJT-80, Dave, Forum Admin, bbb_uk, DaveM)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge