Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Contacting Ofcom (Read 3,099 times)
idb
Supreme Member

Miami, Florida, United States
Contacting Ofcom
Nov 29th, 2005 at 3:02am

I note that Ofcom seems to have ditched its 0845 number, at least on its main contact page (http://www.ofcom.org.uk/complain/) for its contact center. The explanatory note about the few circumstances where 0845 would be cheaper than 020 has now disappeared (or at least I can't find it).

Progress.

Now for the rest of HMG please.

<<
We can also deal with complaints by phone between 0900 and 1730, Monday to Friday. For most people it is faster and easier to complain using the online forms in this section of the website. But if you'd prefer to call us, the number for the Ofcom Contact Centre is 020 7981 3040. Our fax number is 020 7981 3334. If you are deaf or speech-impaired, you can use the Textphone number 020 7981 3043 to contact us.
>>

As from November 21, 2013, I no longer participate in the forum and am unable to receive private messages.

IP Logged

gdh82

Re: Contacting Ofcom
Reply #1 - Nov 29th, 2005 at 1:33pm

Quote:
I note that Ofcom seems to have ditched its 0845 number, at least on its main contact page (http://www.ofcom.org.uk/complain/) for its contact center. The explanatory note about the few circumstances where 0845 would be cheaper than 020 has now disappeared (or at least I can't find it).  

A very interesting spot, idb.  Definately progress and just possibly this signals a turning point in the 0870 debate ?  It would appear that Ofcom is leading by example !  Do you think this is as a result of the 500+ responses, the recent workshop or other forces at work ?

I don't want to get too carried away but this seems in keeping with NGM's comments below following last week's Ofcom Workshop:

Quote:
I will say however that Ofcom seem to be open to the possibility of realising that they may still have got it wrong with these proposals and that they may face major embarassment over their leaving 0845 untouched for several more years, and also not making 0844 regulated by ICSTIS (thus leaving the door open for all 0870 scammers to move there in spite of all the rubbish we usually hear spouted about 084/7 being so great for number portability).  I am less hopeful that Ofcom will be persuaded that 0844 and 0871 users have to move their services over to an 09 prefix.  But they might accept much more control of how 0844 and 0871 are marketed and might be prepared to see 0845 dial up users forced to 0844 so as to allow 0845 to be priced at geographic rate at the same time as the 0870 changes.  They also seemed open to the possibility of blocking off the current proposed loophole of allowing higher call charges to continue on 0870 so long as there is a call price announcement.

Ofcom changing to a geo contact number, certain companies no longer selling 0870s, and Surrey Police offering their geo number without obstruction!  Not to mention NGM's very positive comments...

Maybe, just maybe, things are looking up!  Smiley
« Last Edit: Nov 29th, 2005 at 1:51pm by gdh82 »  

There's more of us that them, stick together and challenge 0870/0845 etc etc

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: DaveM, Forum Admin, CJT-80, Dave, bbb_uk)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge