Media: The DVLA (Read 3,115 times)
idb
Supreme Member

Miami, Florida, United States
Media: The DVLA
Dec 19th, 2005 at 1:26am

Source: http://observer.guardian.co.uk/cash/story/0,6903,1669674,00.html

<<
It is cheaper to call the US than the DVLA, thanks to its wretched 0870 number, a report from Accountants for Business pointed out. You're more likely to get a better result from a call to the US, too. I recently tried to buy my tax disc over the phone, but after hours wrestling with the DVLA automated telephone service (I'm exaggerating, but only a bit), it refused to sell me one on the grounds that I didn't have insurance. In a panic I rang the AA, which had sold me my car policy. 'No, your insurance is fine - we can see the policy here. There must be something wrong with the DVLA computer,' they said. The DVLA wouldn't accept this and as I was only trying to buy over the phone because I had misplaced my MoT certificate, I had no choice other than to get the car MoT'd again.
>>

and

<<
Icstis, the premium phone lines regulator

It proved itself the archetypal toothless watchdog by failing to be proactive and waiting for disgruntled consumers - and us - to highlight problems. We brought to its attention a number of complaints about the giant of the industry, Monstermob, and Icstis eventually lumbered into action, fining the company £10,000. But we still don't know why the watchdog then mysteriously took more than a fortnight to publish this adjudication on its website.
>>

As from November 21, 2013, I no longer participate in the forum and am unable to receive private messages.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: CJT-80, DaveM, bbb_uk, Dave, Forum Admin)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge