Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 45
Send Topic Print
GPs all over England (not just in South Yorkshire) (Read 896,855 times)
SilentCallsVictim
Supreme Member

aka NHS.Patient, DH_fairtelecoms

Re: GPs all over England (not just in South Yorkshire)
Reply #90 - Dec 22nd, 2011 at 3:43pm

Many have indicated interest in a list of those GPs who have recently gone over to 084 numbers.

A new item has been added to my database, showing those who were using geographic numbers at the time when I prepared my database (from NHS Choices in May 2011) but are now using 084 numbers.

It is available to view as Recent Additions - England.

Whilst this may provide an indication of the rate at which adoption of 084 numbers is continuing, it does not provide anything like a complete list of those who have adopted them since the contractual requirement prohibiting new arrangements came into force on 1 April 2010.

The deadline of 31 March 2011, was for those with such numbers already in use on 1 April 2010 to complete the necessary variation of their arrangements.

IP Logged

loddon
Supreme Member

Reading  UK
Reply #91 - Dec 23rd, 2011 at 7:17pm

SilentCallsVictim wrote on Dec 22nd, 2011 at 3:43pm:
A new item has been added to my database, showing those who were using geographic numbers at the time when I prepared my database (from NHS Choices in May 2011) but are now using 084 numbers.

It is available to view as Recent Additions - England.

Not such a happy time for patients of all these GPs !!  Sad Angry

It is apalling after these numbers have been "banned" that so many GPs continue to flout the ban so brazenly.   Also, disgusting that NEG/Daisy continue to promote these numbers to GPs knowing that they are not allowed within the NHS. Shocked Roll Eyes Cry

Makes me wonder whether there is anything practical we can do to help those unfortunate patients fight against this iniquitous imposition .......   like, maybe, finding the underlying geo numbers for these surgeries and publicising them??????

Campaignagainstripofftelecoms  
IP Logged

loddon
Supreme Member

Reading  UK
Reply #92 - Dec 23rd, 2011 at 7:18pm

Oh ... and a Happy Chistmas to all readers and contributors to the Forum. Smiley Smiley

Campaignagainstripofftelecoms  
IP Logged

SilentCallsVictim
Supreme Member

Reply #93 - Dec 27th, 2011 at 10:09pm

Another campaigner is recruited and steps forward in the media:

MP calls on GPs to end ‘rip off’ charges for phoning surgeries.

We are back in South Yorkshire again.

IP Logged

sherbert
Supreme Member

Reply #94 - Dec 28th, 2011 at 10:57am

Pity he didn't call on GPs to end ‘rip off’ charges for phoning surgeries, when he was in the government, rather than in opposition. Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Heinz
Supreme Member

Essex
Reply #95 - Dec 28th, 2011 at 11:18am

SilentCallsVictim wrote on Dec 27th, 2011 at 10:09pm:
Another campaigner is recruited and steps forward in the media:

MP calls on GPs to end ‘rip off’ charges for phoning surgeries.

We are back in South Yorkshire again.

I thought Yorkshire folk were proud of their friendly-to-all disposition.

Clearly, that doesn't apply to their GPs - many of whom most certainly aren't patient-friendly!
« Last Edit: Dec 28th, 2011 at 11:20am by Heinz »  

After years of ignoring govt. guidelines & RIPPING OFF Council Tax payers using 0845 numbers, Essex County Council changed to 0345 numbers on 2 November 2015
IP Logged

SilentCallsVictim
Supreme Member

Reply #96 - Dec 28th, 2011 at 12:56pm

sherbert wrote on Dec 28th, 2011 at 10:57am:
Pity he didn't call on GPs to end ‘rip off’ charges for phoning surgeries, when he was in the government, rather than in opposition. Roll Eyes

You have a point. I have no note of him addressing this issue when he was personally holding the relevant brief as shadow Secretary of State for Health.

It is however fair to say that the responsible ministers from both governments have made very clear calls for the 'rip off' to end. In neither case however have they recognised, or done, what is necessary to make it happen.

Mr Healey may have been slow to recognise the importance of this issue, however I am happy to welcome any repentant sinner to join our cause. As a backbench MP he is now free to focus on any issue of concern to his constituents. The opposition front bench Health team have enough trouble coping with the principles that they have followed being taken to their natural conclusion. He suffered terribly with this and Andy Burnham continues to suffer.

It could be that learning of his place on this list played some part in encouraging him to look at this information. The Barnsley percentage may have been mistaken, however the canniness of the characteristic Yorkshire GP is clear for all to see.

IP Logged

bazzerfewi
Supreme Member

Baz

Barnsley
Reply #97 - Dec 29th, 2011 at 9:11am

Thanks SilentVictim, I have sent the surgeries that are operating an illegal service to "Dan Jarvis" my local MP. I am not hold out much hope as he has done very little in the past.

WWW bazzerfewi aom@blueyonder.co.uk  
IP Logged

derrick
Supreme Member

Reply #98 - Jan 4th, 2012 at 11:52am

derrick wrote on Dec 14th, 2011 at 11:29am:
devon jack wrote on Dec 13th, 2011 at 7:21pm:
Quote:
I have found this number

01769 580 269

I have no idea if it still works. It is worth a try and if it does, please let us know.

no - you just get a recorded message telling you the number has changed and to call the 0844 number

Report them to the ASA here:-
http://www.asa.org.uk/Complaints/How-to-complain/Online-Form/Step1.aspx

The ASA are responsible for policing websites and will make them remove the misleading wording.

Complaint to your local PCT should continue.

Looks like they have been complained about to the ASA, this is the letter I have just received after reporting them in mid December:-

"WALLINGBROOK HEALTH CENTRE

Thank you for contacting the Advertising Standards Authority.

We’ve already investigated and upheld complaints about this issue and I’m concerned to hear that advertising like this continues.  I’ve therefore passed the case to our Compliance team, which will follow it up.

The Compliance team doesn’t report to complainants or publish the details of its work but it will address the problem. 

Sometimes the Compliance team finds it more difficult to impose effective sanctions against this category of advertisement.  Nevertheless it will do its best to achieve a positive outcome.  When an advertiser refuses to co-operate fully with the Compliance team it can, for misleading ads, consider referring the matter to the Office of Fair Trading.

Our website, www.asa.org.uk, contains information about the ASA and the work we do, including the results of investigations into other complaints.

Yours sincerely

IP Logged

bazzerfewi
Supreme Member

Baz

Barnsley
Reply #99 - Jan 4th, 2012 at 9:08pm

Sometimes the Compliance team finds it more difficult to impose effective sanctions against this category of advertisement.  Nevertheless it will do its best to achieve a positive outcome.  When an advertiser refuses to co-operate fully with the Compliance team it can, for misleading ads, consider referring the matter to the Office of Fair Trading.

Why should it be more difficult to impose sanctions they are clearly in breach of the law.

DISCUSTING Angry

IP Logged

SilentCallsVictim
Supreme Member

Reply #100 - Jan 11th, 2012 at 4:29pm

West Yorkshire makes it into the news. Also a plug for SayNoTo0870.com - wait for it!

Listen to extracts from BBC Radio Leeds at this link.

More is scheduled to follow on BBC Radio Leeds at 5:40 this afternoon.

It is hoped that this may provide an opportunity to contradict some of the nonsense broadcast earlier.

The further item did go ahead as planned, although it over-ran a little.

This contains an introduction, an extended recorded interview and a live response - listen at this link.

Readers can be assured that this matter will be followed up vigorously.
« Last Edit: Jan 12th, 2012 at 3:08am by SilentCallsVictim »  
IP Logged

bazzerfewi
Supreme Member

Baz

Barnsley
Re: Surgeries saying no to 0844!
Reply #101 - Jan 13th, 2012 at 11:45am

I have been in contact with all MPs in Barnsley without much success, they have responded to my calls but not acted on them. If you live in Barnsley can you please contact your local MP urging them encourage to their local surgery to stop using premium rate numbers and use the correct 01226 number.

An act of Parliament has been passed stating that it is illegal for Doctors to use 08 numbers and charging patients to contact them

It is time us Barnsley folk voted with our feet and insisted that your local doctor gave you the alternative 01226 number - They all have one - Tell Them You Will Go Elsewhere If They Don't Provide You With The Local Number

IP Logged

sherbert
Supreme Member

Reply #102 - Jan 13th, 2012 at 12:10pm

Holbrook surgery in West Sussex http://www.holbrooksurgery.com/ still uses them, don't think it is just you Yorkshire folk that are being stitched up Grin

IP Logged

bazzerfewi
Supreme Member

Baz

Barnsley
Reply #103 - Jan 15th, 2012 at 1:58pm

Please see a response from Dan Jarvis MP, I would appreciat feedback from members with your views.

Thank you for cantacting me with regard to the use of 0844/5 by doctors in Barnsley. As you know I agree that the use of none geographical numbers mean an unfair surcharge on patients who need to use a mobile phone. Further, I disagree with such numbers being used as a means of generating an income for medical pracitices.

Further to previous communications, I can confirm that I have now received information from the various agencies that have been contacted as part of my investigation into this matter

I have been informed by NHS Barnsley that all practices within the jurisdiction of the primary care trust have been have been directed to discontinue the use of 084/5 numbers. Some have already done so and those that remain are in the process of ceasing the use of these numbers, subject to contractual notice periods.

I am assured that it is expected for all 0844/5 numbers to be ceased by the end of the financial year.

I hope you find this response helpful, if there is anything else Ican help with, please do not hesitate to contact my constituency office.

I assume that the end of the finacial year that Dan Jarvis refers to is April 2012, let us see if the outcome is as he says.

IP Logged

SilentCallsVictim
Supreme Member

Reply #104 - Jan 15th, 2012 at 2:55pm

bazzerfewi wrote on Jan 15th, 2012 at 1:58pm:
Please see a response from Dan Jarvis MP, I would appreciat feedback from members with your views.

There are currently 22 surgeries using 084 numbers serving Barnsley PCT. As only 1 is using a 0844 number and the other 21 are all under a collective arrangement with Kingston Communications, it is not totally absurd to believe that they will all have moved to geographic numbers by 5 April (or 31 March).

It must be pointed out that they had a contractual notice period of 12 months within which to take reasonable steps to ensure that callers paid no more than the cost of an equivalent call to a geographic number to contact the practice. That notice period expired on 31 March 2011. I believe that Mr Jarvis should have asked the PCT for confirmation that the steps which they are able to take now were not considered reasonable then and that other steps were properly considered at that time.

Mr Jarvis shows no regard for constituents who take telephone service from Virgin Media as they are commonly surcharged more severely than PAYG mobile users, if one looks at the matter in purely proportionate terms. With the current (probably temporary) perverse call charges for 0845 numbers, there are currently some mobile callers who are enjoying a saving when calling 0845 numbers. (See this table.)

This is however a temporary blip whilst a dispute with BT is pursued - I cannot believe that it will be sustained. We must be on our guard for those who may seek to use this odd and wholly exceptional situation improperly.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 45
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Dave, bbb_uk, DaveM, Forum Admin, CJT-80)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge