Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
123-Reg Support (Pipex/Tiscali) (Read 28,501 times)
yodiddy

123-Reg Support (Pipex/Tiscali)
Feb 6th, 2006 at 12:35pm

The number listed on the database is incorect for REG-123 ( 0115 9170000) this number is for other PIPEX companies not REG-123. AS anyone got the number for REG-123 on 0900 22 11 123
Cheers
Diddy

~ Edited by Dave: Thread title amended
« Last Edit: Jun 5th, 2008 at 4:24pm by Dave »  

IP Logged

jrawle
Supreme Member

Didcot, Oxfordshire
Re: Reg-123 Number (PIPEX)
Reply #1 - Feb 6th, 2006 at 12:40pm

Do you really need to phone them? There are a range of ways to contact them, including a geogaphical fax number:

http://www.123-reg.co.uk/contactUs.shtml

IP Logged

Tanllan
Supreme Member

Re: Reg-123 Number (PIPEX)
Reply #2 - Feb 6th, 2006 at 3:26pm

But 0900 is a valid PRS number and so there would be no translation available on this site (nor even a guide to RBS Chip&pin 0800 numbers)

IP Logged

melmation

123-reg.co.uk
Reply #3 - Jan 19th, 2007 at 1:16pm

Hello,

I am currently having serious problems with this internet hosting service and need to phone thier premium number of 0900 22 11 123 which costs 50p a minute!!
I would seriously appreciate if anyone has an alternative number for me to call.

Company: www.123-reg.co.uk
Phone number: 0900 22 11 123

IP Logged

christopher

Birmingham, UK
123-Reg support (Pipex)
Reply #4 - Jun 25th, 2007 at 4:59pm

I just noticed on 123-Reg's Contact Us page (http://www.123-reg.co.uk/contactUs.shtml) that they have ditched their 0900 number for domain name support (GOOD! £1 a minute to sort out problems that are their fault? Outrageous)... They now have an 0870 number: 0870 165 0437.

I've been doing a bit of dialing around to try and find the geo alternative, but no such luck as yet. Anybody have any idea as to what it might be?

~ Edited by Dave: Thread title amended
« Last Edit: Jun 26th, 2007 at 8:01am by Dave »  

IP Logged

Tanllan
Supreme Member

Re: Geo alternative for new 123-reg 0870 support?
Reply #5 - Jun 25th, 2007 at 6:26pm

That 0870 number is their fax.
Their 'phone number is 0871 230 9525.

IP Logged

christopher

Birmingham, UK
Re: Geo alternative for new 123-reg 0870 support?
Reply #6 - Jun 26th, 2007 at 2:50am

... oops.  Shocked Roll Eyes let this be a lesson to all people who skimread Wink

The maddest thing is I subsequently read the entire page, including the bit lower down where it mentions their telephone number... And my brain totally ignored it, it just didn't register!

Anyway, the original query still stands - anybody got any idea what their geo number might be (the 0871 number Tongue)? Smiley

IP Logged

UrbanChris

Re: 123-Reg support (Pipex)
Reply #7 - Jul 11th, 2007 at 5:25pm

The geo number for this would be really helpful.

I've just spent 30 minutes on the phone to several of their technical monkeys who haven't a buggery what they're on about.

So I'd rather these calls were free than 10p per min  Wink

IP Logged

DaveM
Global Moderator

Du vin, du pain,   du
Ibuprofen ¡

Peterborough
Reply #8 - Jul 11th, 2007 at 10:53pm

I must have missed the benefit that explained about free lunches !!   Roll Eyes

You could always sign up for their Premium Support service at £120/year for 20 hours but for that you have to pay out in advance to get your registration and their freephone number !

I think the phrases "Dream on" and "Fat chance" are the main ones that come to mind.

IP Logged

christopher

Birmingham, UK
Reply #9 - Jul 12th, 2007 at 7:04pm

Oh yeah, I can understand that if the number was geographical or 0800 more people would ring it, but my problem with 123-reg is thus:

I have a .name domain (amongst many other domains I hold with them) and the only way I can make any changes to it is by unlocking the domain (like a .com or .org domain), making the changes, and locking the domain again.

I also have a .biz domain, which has the domain locking feature right there on the control panel. However, since I bought the .name domain, the domain locking ability is NOT there in my control panel - and after MANY heated emails and support tickets, I've been informed that they plan to put domain locking for .name domains there "in the future" but in the meantime, the only way I can make ANY changes to the domain is by ringing them up, getting them to log in to their tucows reseller account, unlock the domain whilst I'm on the phone, make my changes there and then whilst tech support on the phone waiting to relock it, and then instruct them to lock the domain again as soon as I'm done.

After 3 phone calls like this where I wanted to make the simplest of changes, I gave up out of frustration and ended up setting the domain up on FreeDNS (freedns.afraid.org) where I already have the DNS for quite a few of my domains hosted. That was very much a last resort though, as I wanted to use some of the included services 123-reg offer domain registrants Sad and now I've had to go work out an alternative.

I shouldn't have to pay to unlock/lock my own domain! It's their inaction in rolling out the feature which they offer for their other domains already which has brought me to this... And as I'm paying almost a third of that £120 just in domain renewal fees, they're definitely getting their money's worth out of me given that they buy domains in bulk at a vastly reduced rate from the Nominet per-domain fee.

(The moral of this story: DON'T BUY .NAME DOMAINS WITH 123-REG, try getting one via 1&1!)

IP Logged

UrbanChris

Reply #10 - Jul 14th, 2007 at 12:02pm

DaveM wrote on Jul 11th, 2007 at 10:53pm:
You could always sign up for their Premium Support service at £120/year for 20 hours but for that you have to pay out in advance to get your registration and their freephone number !

Well 20 hours at 10p per minute works out to £120 anyway... so that would be completely pointless.

IP Logged

andygreen88888

www.123-reg.co.uk
Reply #11 - Aug 14th, 2007 at 12:15am

Hi,
I am trying to find the landline number for www.123-reg.co.uk. I have clicked on their contact us section and come to the page www.123-support.co.uk, however, they want me to dial an 0871 number which I refuse to do!! I was wondering if you can help?!
The 0871 number is: 0871 230 9525.

Thanks,

Andy

IP Logged

christopher

Birmingham, UK
Re: 123-Reg Support (Pipex/Tiscali)
Reply #12 - Oct 19th, 2008 at 6:53pm

Just a quick note - there's an Unverified number for 123-reg support which says "gets you through to options without 10p/min" - however, when attempting to dial it, I get the unrecognised number tones, and the standard BT message "the number you have dialed has not been recognised. Please check and try again."

The non-working unverified number in question is 01782 605 399 (for 0871 230 9525). Sad However, the 0208 number (for which there are several entries) worked fine (yay) and just gave me the expected recorded message of "sorry, our offices our now closed" (and the opening hours), so it looks like they've just moved all of their number blocks to a London prefix now.
« Last Edit: Oct 19th, 2008 at 6:58pm by christopher »  

IP Logged

Minardi

Derby
Re: 123-Reg Support (Pipex/Tiscali)
Reply #13 - Nov 9th, 2008 at 5:45pm

Yep, that Stoke number is out of use from an O2 mobile too.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: bbb_uk, Dave, DaveM, CJT-80, Forum Admin)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge