Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Severn Trent RIP OFF wait times on 0845 (Read 29,237 times)
onesexylady

Nottingham
Severn Trent RIP OFF wait times on 0845
Mar 18th, 2006 at 12:43pm

I could not find a geographical number that works for this company so have had to try numerous times to through the 0845. Its terrible! I rang in the week a few times but waited so long I was worried about the cost. Today I must have rang about 10 times chose the billing section and got the engaged tone so had to keep dialing back, it gave no notice of wait times it just gave engaged so I had no choice but to ring back, connection charge each time then wait through the choice selections ect

I got so fed up with doing that so chose another section to go through to see if I could get through. I had to wait on there quite a while then a lady asked me where I wanted so she put me through. I waited 25 minutes on hold before giving up then I rang back to ask could they tell me the wait times as it did not give any indication of any, they said it was now down to 14 minutes but he was really rude. I said I had tried many times and didnt want to wait again for that time especially on an 0845 number and he said its national rate just like any other, I gave up. I tried emailing them about 3 weeks ago too they don't reply

IP Logged

derrick
Supreme Member

Re: Severn Trent RIP OFF wait times on 0845
Reply #1 - Mar 18th, 2006 at 1:58pm

SEVERN TRENT WATER LTD

Head Office Address:

2297 Coventry Road
    Sheldon
    Birmingham B26 3PU

Telephone: +44 (0)121 722 4000
    Fax: +44 (0)121 722 4800
    http://www.severn-trent.com

Don't know if the above will help, maybe you could supply the full 0845 number ?

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #2 - Mar 18th, 2006 at 2:05pm

See here for contact details. Notice how if it's an "emergency", it costs them!

So a leak you get to report for free. A billing error or change of details etc means you pay them!

IP Logged

derrick
Supreme Member

Reply #3 - Mar 18th, 2006 at 2:14pm

customer service & billing :-

02476 853881
0800 7834444

IP Logged

onesexylady

Nottingham
Reply #4 - Mar 18th, 2006 at 2:19pm

Thanx both of you but that 0800 number does not work. Its still on this site say but when you get through they say 'water sewerage or billing?' and when you say billing they give you the 0845 number they will not put you through at all. Yeah its same old thing we have to pay for any errors they make to out bills and at the moment severn trent have been overcharging customers

IP Logged

onesexylady

Nottingham
Reply #5 - Mar 18th, 2006 at 2:20pm

The other number has probably been disconnected because it just rings constantly no one ever picks it up

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #6 - Mar 18th, 2006 at 2:21pm

And if you're a electricity and/or gas customer, you can connect for free. But if you should need to call them, then you must call an 0870 number!  Lips Sealed

IP Logged

derrick
Supreme Member

Reply #7 - Mar 18th, 2006 at 2:23pm

onesexylady wrote on Mar 18th, 2006 at 2:20pm:
The other number has probably been disconnected because it just rings constantly no one ever picks it up

Might only work Monday to Friday?

IP Logged

onesexylady

Nottingham
Reply #8 - Mar 18th, 2006 at 2:44pm

No I tried it in the week too its just a dead line I think. They prob had a lot of people using that number instead so put a stop to it.

IP Logged

epicurus

Reply #9 - Nov 1st, 2007 at 3:42pm

Severn Trent really are abysmal - and the wait is long - VERY profitable for them..

...but try this...

Phone the geographic number - I used 0121-7224000 & asked for Customer Services & Billing

Then as soon as you get through to them ask them to phone you back - this worked immediately with one girl, anothe rtime I had to have a little rant about how I'd spent ages on an expensive 0845 call before and was told they would phone me back.

..wish I had an 0845 that THEY had to call me on!!! Wink

IP Logged

derrick
Supreme Member

Reply #10 - Nov 1st, 2007 at 4:42pm

epicurus wrote on Nov 1st, 2007 at 3:42pm:
..wish I had an 0845 that THEY had to call me on!!! Wink

Then get one, or better still an 0844 or 0871

IP Logged

vinylweatherman

Reply #11 - Nov 2nd, 2007 at 7:38pm

Perhaps a complaint to OFWAT on the grounds they failed to deal with your billing enquiry in an efficient manner, and even failed to reply when put in writing (E-mail). In law, and E-mail constitutes "in writing", even though delivery is electronic. This has been supported by case law where E-mails have been used as admissable evidence in court cases involving such things as Libel, Malpractice, Sex/Race discrimination.
    You need to prove the E-mail was likely to have been received, just as the company can legally consider a final demand to have been received after being properly posted.

OFWAT requires certain compensation amounts to be paid for specific lapses in standards, and these should cover the costs of the fruitless calls. Since water companies have local monopolies, OFWAT is more responsive than OFCOM, as they can't trot out the excuse about "adequate competition for your custom so go elsewhere if dissatisfied"

IP Logged

Smasher

UK
Reply #12 - Nov 5th, 2007 at 8:12pm

Severn Trent is the worst - it has been flooded (Cheesy) with more complaints than any other water company - if you're getting nowhere try emailing them via the website, it worked for me some time ago. If no joy then off to OFWAT ye go...

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: bbb_uk, DaveM, CJT-80, Forum Admin, Dave)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge