Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Primus Saver Option 2! (Read 13,405 times)
Red Dave

I am so not Dilbert!

Romford, Essex
Primus Saver Option 2!
Mar 24th, 2006 at 6:20pm

Has Primus Saver Option 2 been replaced by Primus Freetalk Plus 2?!

Saw some conversation about the package over on MoneySavingExpert.com and took a look at uSwitch.com to see what was happening.  The service that I signed up to less than a month ago (with free line rental and free evening/weekend local/national calls) has been replaced with Freetalk Plus 2.  The site goes on to say:

Quote:
Plan benefits

Sign up in March and receive a £5 monthly loyalty bonus, paid quarterly in £15 installments, for the first 12 months
Calls to other Primus Freetalk customers are free at all times
Free evening & weekend calls to landlines for £2.99 a month
Primus Freetalk loyalty bonus available to new customers only
See 'Special offer policy' tab for more information on uSwitch's offer inclusion criteria.

I'm currently contemplating moving to the Post Office's Homephone offering (to nab their £50 introductory kick back), but then I'll loose my free evening/weekend calls  Embarrassed  Argh!!!

RDD.
« Last Edit: Dec 7th, 2006 at 9:12pm by bbb_uk »  

IP Logged

Martin_S

Re: Long live Primus Saver Option 2!
Reply #1 - Mar 25th, 2006 at 8:42pm

I don't think so Dave. I signed my mother up to option 2 today and it seemed to go ok. I'll find out when she gets the paperwork.

IP Logged

bill

Reply #2 - Mar 26th, 2006 at 8:44pm

Red Dave wrote on Mar 24th, 2006 at 6:20pm:

No, Primus Saver Option 2 is still available - but only by contacting them direct (0800 036 0094 [after 12 noon on a weekday recommended]) - not via the uswitch site.

IP Logged

Red Dave

I am so not Dilbert!

Romford, Essex
Reply #3 - Mar 28th, 2006 at 1:16pm

A ha!!

Quite sneaky of them really.  When I first joined Primus Saver Option 2 I phoned Planet Talk and they said to sign up I'd have to go through uSwitch.  Maybe it was some kind of promotion with uSwitch or maybe they wanted the administrative hassle of collecting sign-up details to be dealt with by someone else?

Either way, sounds like it's still going to be worthwhile to switch to the Post Office's HomePhone, wait around for six months and then come back (hopefully to a package equally cheap as Primus Saver Option 2 - i.e. free!!)

RDD

IP Logged

bill

Reply #4 - Apr 1st, 2006 at 7:06pm

bill wrote on Mar 26th, 2006 at 8:44pm:
Red Dave wrote on Mar 24th, 2006 at 6:20pm:

No, Primus Saver Option 2 is still available - but only by contacting them direct (0800 036 0094 [after 12 noon on a weekday recommended]) - not via the uswitch site. 

Correction
- as of 31/3/06, Primus Saver Option 2 is again available via the Uswitch site (as well as direct via the freephone number above).  The apparently transient 'Freetalk' options appear to have vanished.
« Last Edit: Apr 2nd, 2006 at 6:12pm by bill »  

IP Logged

hoxne

Primus Saver Option 2!
Reply #5 - Apr 12th, 2006 at 2:10pm

I was with Just-Dial Saver until I was taken over by TalkTalk and moved to a more expensive tariff.  I tried uswitch, which recommended Primus Saver 2, but the link to sign up took me to the Planet Talk Home Phone Saver which is considerably more expensive.

Primus Saver 2 is not accessible from Planet Talk's website front page.  However, the link (from MSE), still works ( www.planet-talk.co.uk/saver ) and I was able to sign up over the 0800 number.

~Amended title - bbb_uk
« Last Edit: Dec 7th, 2006 at 9:13pm by bbb_uk »  

IP Logged

Wally

Primus Service
Reply #6 - Dec 7th, 2006 at 8:17pm

I'm thinking of subscribing to the Primus Option 2 service. Does anyone have any good/bad/indifferent views about the service?

Thanks.

IP Logged

Heinz
Supreme Member

Essex
Re: Primus Service
Reply #7 - Dec 7th, 2006 at 8:40pm

Coupled with 18185 (for weekday daytime UK 01/02 calls and all 077, 078, 079, 0845 and 0870 calls) and use of the 1280 'hop back onto BT' prefix (for 0844 and the occasional 0871 call), Primus Saver Option 2 is a real money-saver.

Make sure you are very specific about the name of the package when you phone to order though - Primus Saver Option 2 is not widely advertised and so is not often asked for (but it's the best on offer IMHO).

There's also £10 cashback from Rpoints if you access the uswitch site via them and then select Primus Saver Option 2 through them.
« Last Edit: Dec 7th, 2006 at 9:08pm by Heinz »  

After years of ignoring govt. guidelines & RIPPING OFF Council Tax payers using 0845 numbers, Essex County Council changed to 0345 numbers on 2 November 2015
IP Logged

bbb_uk
Global Moderator

Re: Primus Saver Option 2!
Reply #8 - Dec 7th, 2006 at 9:18pm

In addition to what Heinz has mentioned you could get an Orchid Dialler which, once setup, you can automatically route your calls to the cheapest provider depending on type of call and time of day, etc.  You can also use the Orchid Dialler to block certain type of calls, etc.

If you read Cheap Call Providers - BT Landline customers for an easy-to-read table of which is the cheapest and more information on the Orchid Dialler and how to get it for a discount thanks to MSE (MoneySavingExpert).

IP Logged

Wally

Reply #9 - Dec 7th, 2006 at 10:15pm

Yep, I've already got an Orchid dialler and it works a treat. Never being happy I now just want some free calls for the weekend. I'll have a look at what you suggest and hopefully get what I want. Thanks! Grin

IP Logged

Heinz
Supreme Member

Essex
Reply #10 - Dec 8th, 2006 at 8:09pm

HERE's a suggested program for your Orchid after you're on Primus Saver Option 2 (free weekend and evening UK 01/02 calls).
« Last Edit: Dec 8th, 2006 at 8:12pm by Heinz »  

After years of ignoring govt. guidelines & RIPPING OFF Council Tax payers using 0845 numbers, Essex County Council changed to 0345 numbers on 2 November 2015
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Forum Admin, bbb_uk, Dave, DaveM, CJT-80)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge