<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
NHS 0870 / 0854 FOI (Read 8,348 times)
martinlorenzo

NHS 0870 / 0854 FOI
Mar 29th, 2006 at 1:34pm

Hello everyone, I'm a journalist and am wondering whether anyone has made a request to the NHS or NHS direct, asking them to reveal how much money they're earning from those lines? I did search using NHS but couldnt' see anything. Anyone?

IP Logged

trevord

West Sussex, UK
Re: NHS 0870 / 0854 FOI
Reply #1 - Mar 29th, 2006 at 2:21pm

Please refer to this thread on an FoI request to NHS Direct.  You will see that they say they receive no revenue from their 0845 number.

This (very long) thread on Patientline discusses the problems with Patientline / NHS contracts, and what the NHS may indirectly get out of it.

This thread discusses the (ab)use of 08xx numbers for GP surgeries and has links to other theads on the subject.

Hope these are of some help.

IP Logged

bill

Reply #2 - Mar 29th, 2006 at 4:55pm

martinlorenzo wrote on Mar 29th, 2006 at 1:34pm:
Hello everyone, I'm a journalist and am wondering whether anyone has made a request to the NHS or NHS direct, asking them to reveal how much money they're earning from those lines? I did search using NHS but couldnt' see anything. Anyone?

And please use large print when you expose the scams in your newspaper or magazine (BTW, the rip-off charges patients have to pay and the profits made by NEG and the like at their expense [pun intended] are the real issues).

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #3 - Mar 29th, 2006 at 8:43pm

There is a reply somewhere that says that the DVLA earns well over £1m a year from its 0870 numbers. See Index of FOI Responses.

Have a look at Useful Information & Say no to 0870! Hot Topics for some useful links.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: bbb_uk, CJT-80, DaveM, Dave, Forum Admin)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge