Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5
Send Topic Print
NTL Customer Services & Technical Support (Read 95,904 times)
seeker327

NTL Customer Services & Technical Support
Apr 3rd, 2006 at 7:04pm

NTL have recently informed customers that customer services and broadband technical support will be changing to 0845 454 0000 and 0871 225 1111 respectively  Sad.

Many of the geographical numbers currently listed for NTL have been discontinued. Do any members know of alternatives to the new numbers which will be in use from May 8th?
Thanks a lot

~ Edit by Dave

See also the old thread on NTL technical support (now closed) and the thread on NTL Customer Disconnections.

Further discussion relating to NTL in the Chat section is:
« Last Edit: Jun 12th, 2006 at 4:54pm by Dave »  

IP Logged

bbb_uk
Global Moderator

Re: NTL
Reply #1 - Apr 3rd, 2006 at 8:15pm

seeker327 wrote on Apr 3rd, 2006 at 7:04pm:
Many of the geographical numbers currently listed for NTL have been discontinued. Do any members know of alternatives to the new numbers which will be in use from May 8th?
Thanks a lot
It depends on what their plan is.  Normally a company will only change their NGN (non-geographical number) but leave any geographical number as it is and simply have any new 0845/0871 number point to existing geographical numbers.

If they are removing all geographical numbers like 0161 9588565, 01698 501600, 0115 9522222 (all numbers that were in the database) then it would be near impossible to get any new geographicals they are using to replace existing geographicals.

I am sure (and hope) that NTL will just remove their 0800 numbers and switch to 0845/0871 but leave any existing geographical numbers as they are.
« Last Edit: Jun 10th, 2006 at 2:49pm by Dave »  

IP Logged

girona002

Re: NTL Technical Support for Broadband
Reply #2 - Apr 5th, 2006 at 11:22am

SEE PREVIOUS POST - NO NEED FOR GEOGRAPHICALS WHEN YOU USE 08000522000!!!!!

IP Logged

levineg

direct number to swansea office 01792
Reply #3 - May 28th, 2006 at 2:58pm

Does anybody have a direct telephone number to Broadband Technical Support, they are based in Swansea. The normal number 0871 225 1111 goes through to IBM in India and it is an absolute nightmare dealing with them.

The number should begin 01792 for Swansea.

IP Logged

dollypetals

Midlands
NTL CUSTOMER SERVICES - NEW NUMBER
Reply #4 - May 17th, 2006 at 9:51am

NTL have a new customer services number which is 0845 454 0000.

It would be good to find a geographic number for this.  My Google search was not helpful.   Angry

Any ideas?

Dollypetals

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Re: NTL CUSTOMER SERVICES - NEW NUMBER
Reply #5 - May 17th, 2006 at 10:06am

Various numbers come up for NTL when you search the database. However, most are for other things. The best thing I can suggest is to ring 0800 0522000, which is the main switchboard and ask to be put through to Residential Customer Services (I presume you are residential). Hopefully they will put you through.

IP Logged

dollypetals

Midlands
Reply #6 - May 17th, 2006 at 10:13am

Thanks Dave.  I shall try all those.

Dollypetals   Smiley

IP Logged

dollypetals

Midlands
Reply #7 - May 17th, 2006 at 10:25am

Dear Dave and Everyone,

NTL have blocked every means I have tried to avoid paying their 5p per minute to speak to Customer Services.  They route every call through to a recorded message which tells you to ring 0845 454 0000. 

I have tried their geographic landline (0115 952 2222) and the 0800 number (0800 052 2000) and whatever option you pick, you get through to the same recorded message.

Where to now?   Angry

Dollypetals

IP Logged

Shiggaddi

Saltash, Cornwall
Reply #8 - May 17th, 2006 at 3:38pm

I recently had trouble with NTL, and I although it won't be appreciated by NTL putting the number in here, I will do so anyway.

Expect a very snotty woman on the other end, who is probably head of customer services, and swears blind that 0870 is National Rate (I have another thread on this)

Anyway, this customer services number is 0161 296 2516, however don't expect the complaint to be handled in a friendly manner (well you wouldn't with the 0870 anyway!!)

She will be keen as to how the number was obtained (I obtained it from a previous complaint, and the number was still on my mobile memory) so don't go and say you found it in an internet forum!!  Might be an idea to say she dealt with a previous complaint and you made a note of the number.  Also, she will tell you off like a naughty schoolboy/girl for not calling their 0870 number, and wasting her time, but unlike normal customer services, if she says she will investigate the complaint, it will be dealt with.

I realy hait itt wen peeple canot spel proply. Itt getts onn mye nervs sew mutch annd streses mee owt. Knot onley iz itt vary bade speling butt allso bade gramer.

IP Logged

dollypetals

Midlands
Reply #9 - May 18th, 2006 at 5:04am

Dear Shiggaddy,

Wow, I am impressed!  I have made a note of the number.    Smiley

Perhaps NTL will get the message eventually - when anyone reading your entry will use the number - that CUSTOMERS should not have to pay to speak to NTL about problems with services they are already paying NTL for!    Angry

Thanks very much for your help.

Dollypetals 

IP Logged

bbb_uk
Global Moderator

Reply #10 - May 18th, 2006 at 9:03am

dollypetals wrote on May 18th, 2006 at 5:04am:
Perhaps NTL will get the message eventually - when anyone reading your entry will use the number - that CUSTOMERS should not have to pay to speak to NTL about problems with services they are already paying NTL for!    Angry
I'm afraid that is not likely to happen.  All that will happen if NTL found this number is that they'll remove that geographical number from use.  Same thing happens now with Sky.  That's how customer friendly these businesses actually are!  Wink
« Last Edit: Jun 10th, 2006 at 3:24pm by Dave »  

IP Logged

Shiggaddi

Saltash, Cornwall
Reply #11 - May 18th, 2006 at 3:42pm

bbb_uk wrote on May 18th, 2006 at 9:03am:
dollypetals wrote on May 18th, 2006 at 5:04am:
I'm afraid that is not likely to happen.  All that will happen if NTL found this number is that they'll remove that geographical number from use.  Same thing happens now with Sky.  That's how customer friendly these businesses actually are!  Wink

The number I have is not a normal customer service number, but a direct line to someone senior in NTL in her own office, who happened to call me last time I had a serious complaint, and I kept the number for future reference.

I think it is true that if she does get irate customers calling that number, then she will change the geographic number, so anyone reading this, please don't call the number for the sake of it, only call if you have to genuinely contact customer services, and of course use this number to complain about the 0870 rates.

As discussed in my other thread on the issue, she used the line of "Well, when you signed up you knew customer services was 0870, and you accepted these terms and conditions", and also she swears blind that 0870 is National rate and not premium rate,because it doesn't begin with 09.
« Last Edit: Jun 10th, 2006 at 3:24pm by Dave »  

I realy hait itt wen peeple canot spel proply. Itt getts onn mye nervs sew mutch annd streses mee owt. Knot onley iz itt vary bade speling butt allso bade gramer.

IP Logged

DutyDruid

Fareham, Hants
Re: NTL Customer Services & Technical Support
Reply #12 - Jun 12th, 2006 at 12:19pm

Hi.  quick update to the Shiggaddi's post about 0161 296 2516.  My phone is down and I discovered their scam of making me phone an 0845 number to report the fault. 

I rang the above number. it now seems to belong to a rather startled young man who (give him his due) did connect me to the faults number after trying to find out where I got his number from.  I then wound up on the hold from hell and had to ring off before I got to speak to anyone due to having to collect children from GCSE exams.

Have since tried to find a way of reporting fault through the website and failed, it kept asking me to call the now defunct 0800 number.

I lived in the states for a few years and, despite everything that is wrong with living in the states, there is one inviolable principle - if your phone service goes down the call to customer services is free (in fact almost every call to customer services is free).  Think once I get my service back I will be contacting BT & Sky for TV/Broadband/phone services

------------------&&Ex ordo chaos

IP Logged

Heinz
Supreme Member

Essex
Reply #13 - Jun 12th, 2006 at 4:27pm

[quote author=DutyDruid link=1144087455/0#12 date=1150111188]I lived in the states for a few years and, despite everything that is wrong with living in the states, there is one inviolable principle - if your phone service goes down the call to customer services is free (in fact almost every call to customer services is free).  Think once I get my service back I will be contacting BT & Sky for TV/Broadband/phone services[/quote]BT have 0845 and 0870 numbers for BB faults now and Sky use nothing but 0870 numbers.

After years of ignoring govt. guidelines & RIPPING OFF Council Tax payers using 0845 numbers, Essex County Council changed to 0345 numbers on 2 November 2015
IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #14 - Jun 12th, 2006 at 9:57pm

I've just gone through the NTL numbers we have in the database most of the 0800 numbers have messages redirecting to the 0845.

The best we have so far are:
  • 01256 751046: Customer Services for ex-CWC NTL customers - Bromley platform - no menu
  • 01256 751047: Customer Services for original NTL customers - Langley platform - no menu

They may have changed since the above was written, so could be worth a try. Now, out of hours, they answer with the same message giving the 0871 for broadband faults and then go on to say that it is customer services and that they are closed.

01256 751048 has the same message as those above, so is worth a try.

I also tried 01256 751045 and it said that the number was no longer in service and redirected to the 0845. This number is also given on the contact page as an international alternative, despite the fact that it's now out of service. Roll Eyes

01256 751049 is a sales line for existing customers.
« Last Edit: Jun 12th, 2006 at 10:11pm by Dave »  

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: bbb_uk, Dave, Forum Admin, CJT-80, DaveM)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge