Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print
NTL Customer Services & Technical Support (Read 96,242 times)
jrawle
Supreme Member

Didcot, Oxfordshire
Re: NTL Customer Services & Technical Support
Reply #30 - Jul 25th, 2006 at 6:43pm

simoncarter wrote on Jul 4th, 2006 at 5:57pm:
You can call the Sales number of 0800 052 0855 and choose option 2 - it passes you through to Customer Services.

I can confirm that, I've used it three times today, and must have saved myself well over a pound (and quite right too as it was their fault). When you press 2, it says "in future" you can dial directly (gives 0845 number), and they then give the price for BT landlines - what about NTL lines?! After this message, it goes straight through to the customer services options as if you dialled 0845.

If you then choose the right options for broadband, you get to someone who introduces himself as being from "broadband technical support". I don't know if it's the same you would get on the 0871 number.

IP Logged

Hugh

Reply #31 - Jul 27th, 2006 at 1:37pm

For those of you with ongoing NTL problems, I can thoroughly recommend the NTL HELL forum http://forums.ntlhell.co.uk/index.php

As well as informed individuals contributing to the forum, there are actual NTL CS staff members who unofficially give advice and even direct help when needed.

IP Logged

4PetesSake

Why Pay More?

Northamptonshire
Reply #32 - Sep 20th, 2006 at 8:08pm

New 0800 number for NTL[size=14][/size]

I called ntl today regarding yet another error they had made and their threat to cut me off. I tried one of the 0800 numbers and somehow got through to the Dept. that deals with business enquiries and an extremely helpful lady stated that said that I would need to speak with the Credit Control/Accounts Dept. She could not transfer me and I was expecting her to give me THAT 0845 number.

I almost fell off my chair when she gave me 0800 0522620. I believe that this is a new number for all their disgruntled customers to use. I only had a wait of about 5 minutes, "At their expense",  and the problem was sorted out to my satisfaction and my account was credited with £1.50 to boot.

IP Logged

skattie

Reply #33 - Sep 27th, 2006 at 8:31pm

I dialled a number (can't 'member which one) and got a recorder messages telling me that ntl customers can now dial 150 from an ntl line (so if it isn't your phone that's broke then you can call for free everytime)

Dial 150

IP Logged

4PetesSake

Why Pay More?

Northamptonshire
Reply #34 - Sep 27th, 2006 at 10:30pm

Like many folk, we have ditched NTL's phone line and just have their broadband. So we have to find freephone number to call them about our broadband.

IP Logged

skattie

Reply #35 - Sep 27th, 2006 at 11:42pm

oic Embarrassed

IP Logged

Tarkus

Reply #36 - Sep 28th, 2006 at 12:35pm

DutyDruid wrote on Jun 12th, 2006 at 12:19pm:
I lived in the states for a few years and, despite everything that is wrong with living in the states, there is one inviolable principle - if your phone service goes down the call to customer services is free (in fact almost every call to customer services is free).  Think once I get my service back I will be contacting BT & Sky for TV/Broadband/phone services
Don't forget that for general faults you can call 151 from an NTL line and it's a free call- same with 150 for Customer Services. Of course if it's yur 'phone line that's down, then you're stuffed.  Sad  However, I also found that calling Customer Services from a non-NTL 'phone on 01256 751 046 also works, and after explaining my problem they transfered me through to the Faults line.

Where there's a will there's a way...  Smiley

~ Edit by Dave: Quote box tidied up
« Last Edit: Sep 28th, 2006 at 12:40pm by Dave »  

IP Logged

jrawle
Supreme Member

Didcot, Oxfordshire
Reply #37 - Sep 29th, 2006 at 6:05pm

Today I tried to use 0800 052 0855 opt 2 to reach customer services, and it now says "I have to ask you to redial 0845... calls cost no more than 5p/min from BT landlines". So in the last few weeks they've changed it so it's not possible to reach customer services on this number (which is the sales number).

0800 052 9403 still works if you are moving. I haven't tried using it for other customer service queries.

The number given above by peterlittleton, 0800 052 2620, seems to be for paying bills, but opt 3 for "anything else" goes through to some queueing music that sounds like the customer services queue. So I think it's worth trying this number first.

IP Logged

petersforster

Reply #38 - Oct 3rd, 2006 at 10:22am

Hope this is helpful.  The 01612 962516 number is, now, discontinued but the 01256 71047 number was answered by a very helpful young lady who, when I complained about the use of 0845/0871 numbers, advised that - FROM AN NTL 'PHONE - NTL Service calls may be obtained by dialling 150 and, NTL Faults (including Broadband) my be reported/resolved by dialling 151.  Perhaps there is "light at the end of the tunnel"?

IP Logged

4PetesSake

Why Pay More?

Northamptonshire
Reply #39 - Oct 3rd, 2006 at 11:19am

Peter

I think that you have missed a digit of the number that you provided (01256 71047) as it only has 10 digits.

IP Logged

petersforster

Reply #40 - Oct 3rd, 2006 at 10:07pm

Hello Peter,
Sorry about that - it ought to have been 01256 751047.

IP Logged

jrawle
Supreme Member

Didcot, Oxfordshire
Reply #41 - Oct 6th, 2006 at 2:13am

Another new freephone number for NTL: 0800 052 2624

Earlier this week, I received an invoice from NTL saying they would take the amount due from my bank account by direct debit. Fine. Today, however, I received a "Final notice" letter saying I'd be disconnected if I didn't pay the amount I owe them straight away.

Anyway, this letter said that if I couldn't pay, I should call the number above to talk to them about it. I did call it, to ask what the NThell is going on. I pressed option 2 which is to "tell them you've paid your bill". The recorded geordie voice told me I didn't need to phone to let them know I'd paid. After a pause he said if I stayed on the line, I could find out about alternate ways to pay.

It then said I'd have to wait 10 minutes as they were very busy, but actually I was put straight through to a real person! He simply asked for my details, and then asked how he could help me. So  this is another number definitely worth a try if you want NTL customer services.

Note also the similarity between that and the number given earlier. If might be worth trying other 0800 052 262x numbers.

IP Logged

peterofware

Reply #42 - Oct 18th, 2006 at 4:22pm

good news you can now use 151 for NTL tech support,
Cheers,
Peter

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #43 - Oct 18th, 2006 at 4:37pm

peterofware wrote on Oct 18th, 2006 at 4:22pm:
good news you can now use 151 for NTL tech support,
Cheers,
Peter

How much does this cost? And is it not strange that NTL have reverted back to 150 as well (is this free then)?

IP Logged

jimbo2005

NTL
Reply #44 - Nov 10th, 2006 at 5:52pm

Please note that the 01256 751046-8 have now ceased.  If anyone else has the actual geo numbers for this please get in touch.  Thanks.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: DaveM, CJT-80, Dave, bbb_uk, Forum Admin)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge