Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
First Direct land Line Number (Read 25,328 times)
Garden

First Direct land Line Number
May 26th, 2006 at 10:26am

Hi. Would just like to say what a great web site this is.
i phoned First direct landline 01132766166 yesterday and got straight through to login. I am on an all calls tarrif with my internet provider so using this number is i suppose free, rather than using their local rate number. I spoke to a manager and asked why they didnt inform customers of this number and was told it was for foreign customers only. Anyway after a long conversation getting nowhwere(the usual with banks) i suggested i would close my savings account of 100grand and he suddenly changed his tune and said he would look into it.
It really makes my blood boil that people are charged in this way,after all you dont pay an entry fee to get into Tescos.
I am lucky and can easily afford these charges but feel sorry for people who are skint (which i have been in the past) and get ripped off by these B*****ds.

See you soon Rob.

IP Logged

bbb_uk
Global Moderator

Re: First Direct land Line Number
Reply #1 - May 26th, 2006 at 10:40am

There is a very good chance that they were missold their 0845 as being local rate despite the fact it is not.  In fact many teleco's still advertise 084x as local rate and 087x as national rate now.

Also using an 0845 means that calls can be distributed to many call centres depending on time of day, volume of calls, etc.

The consultation that has just recently closed, Ofcom have proposed an 03x number that could have the same benefits as 084/087x but because it wont have revenue sharing (ie the company using it wont get money back in return) then it will cost the same as geographical calls cost now and hopefully included in inclusive minutes we may have.

IP Logged

=CM=

Keep saying NO!

London
Reply #2 - May 26th, 2006 at 2:40pm

I'd like to wade in as I know some history on FD's use of numbers.
Firstly 0113 2766166 is not for international callers - it was expressly publcised in their own leaflets for access by people on tariffs that gave generous geo number costs.

+44 113 2345678 is meant for international access. The staff follow different prompts on that: initial Q is for some reference number instead of post code (as many expats don't have a suitable UK postcode).

FD began on 0345 100 100 when calling that was cheaper than a national call to Leeds. Such a situation is long gone now of course and 0845 is now premium rate in comparison but they crossed over 0345 100 100 to 0845 6100100 as required by Oftel (may we spit on that org's grave). So FD as a body come out of all this rather cleanly - contrast with Argos, Sky or many government bodies for example.

Lastly catching 1 manager for misleading info is not unusual (just check how many people still show London numbers as "0207" for example: people are confused by the phone system here). But as a body FD get my thumbs up for access to their good call centre on sensible numbers. There are proper targets to shoot.

[not in any way employed by HSBC or FD but a satisifed cust of FD.]

IP Logged

DesG

Reply #3 - Jun 14th, 2006 at 12:34pm

>  Firstly 0113 2766166 is not for international callers - it was expressly publcised in their own leaflets for access by people on tariffs that gave generous geo number costs.

That is very interesting information for me.

FD have now gone to the top of my list for alternatives to Cahoot, thanks for the info.

Cheers, Des.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Dave, Forum Admin, CJT-80, bbb_uk, DaveM)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge