Home Help Search Login Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Site crash? (Read 6,784 times)
Barbara
Supreme Member

Site crash?
May 31st, 2006 at 10:29am

I was wondering, did the site crash yesterday afternoon?   I found it was getting slower and slower to respond then I kept getting the "site not available" message every time I tried to log on?   From a conspiracy theory perspective, as this has happened a couple of times recently, are "THEY" trying to undermine your great work or is it just a technical fluke?   (Or, even worse, is it my computer?)

IP Logged

bbb_uk
Global Moderator

Re: Site crash?
Reply #1 - May 31st, 2006 at 5:32pm

Hi

Yes, unfortunately this site was down yesterday.

Daniel (the site owner) posted to this effect on MSE here (post #37) which I quote:-
Quote:
Hi All,

Unfortunately we have encountered a major hardware failure on one of the servers drives.

It is currently being worked on, and I am hoping that the site will be backup later tonight or early tomorrow.

The site has been down since this afternoon, and I am working with the data centre where the servers are based to get this backup as soon as possible.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

Daniel
SAYNOTO0870.COM

IP Logged

Heinz
Supreme Member

Essex
Reply #2 - May 31st, 2006 at 8:46pm

Never noticed a thing.

After years of ignoring govt. guidelines & RIPPING OFF Council Tax payers using 0845 numbers, Essex County Council changed to 0345 numbers on 2 November 2015
IP Logged

opaline

Reply #3 - Jun 1st, 2006 at 4:37pm

I tried all routes to the site but kept getting a full screen dialogue starting " AHA!!! it worked!!"  Even the same on link from moneysavingexpert.  Anyone else see this?  Can't remember any more- just hope I haven't imported spyware.......
Sylvrine

IP Logged

bbb_uk
Global Moderator

Reply #4 - Jun 1st, 2006 at 6:19pm

opaline wrote on Jun 1st, 2006 at 4:37pm:
I tried all routes to the site but kept getting a full screen dialogue starting " AHA!!! it worked!!"  Even the same on link from moneysavingexpert.  Anyone else see this?  Can't remember any more- just hope I haven't imported spyware.......
Sylvrine
I'm afraid it does sound like spyware/adware.

If you see post #2 from DaveM and my post (#3) from here, you'll notice that two anti-spyware/adware have been recommended.  There are, of course, others as well.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Forum Admin, bbb_uk, Dave, DaveM, CJT-80)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge