<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Lloyds TSB (Read 29,285 times)
reggie

Lloyds TSB
Jun 15th, 2006 at 10:45am

I had a small query about my Lloyds TSB credit card, looked up the number on your site and found no  geographic numbers only 0800. I tried one but they told me they were only for acrediting  new cards;they told me that they could not put me through to customer services so looked again and found another 0800 for cancelling cards. I called them and got the same "spiel" I then said that if they did not put me through or alternatively arrange for customer services to call me back within 30  minutes I would indeed cancel my card and guess what, they suddenly could connect me with customer services!

IP Logged

Tanllan
Supreme Member

Re: Lloyds TSB
Reply #1 - Jun 15th, 2006 at 12:30pm

Well done reggie.
And, of course, Nationwide credit and debit cards are accessible via a normal geographic number and the cards do not have a 2.75% surcharge  Angry on foreign use.
I have no brief for them - just a happy customer. Smiley

IP Logged

Alternative

Reply #2 - Jun 16th, 2006 at 12:02am

Hi there.

I am a Lloyds TSB card holder and I have their geographical number which I have used over a period of time to ring them on without a problem and it still works well.

Please use 01702 278 270

Regards

Alternative (alternative numbers to expensive NGN's of course!)

IP Logged

reggie

Reply #3 - Jun 16th, 2006 at 11:12am

Thanks Tannlan for thr reminder about nationwide I will look into it. I assume that you can have their credit card even if you don't bank with them.

IP Logged

Tanllan
Supreme Member

Reply #4 - Jun 16th, 2006 at 7:10pm

Am gradually moving stuff from Mudland Bank. Nationwide seems very efficient - and friendly when I phone and email.

IP Logged

NonGeographicalMan
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Jun 20th, 2006 at 12:53pm

Tanllan wrote on Jun 16th, 2006 at 7:10pm:
Am gradually moving stuff from Mudland Bank. Nationwide seems very efficient - and friendly when I phone and email.

I have had an account with Nationwide for two and a half years as well as NatWest for 24 years.

Basically NatWest (aka Royal Bank of Scotland of which NatWest is now just a cypher brand) angers me in about 20 different ways a year and Nationwide are delightful chappies who seem to be totally customer focused.  NatWest weren't such a bad bank but Royal Bank of Scotland are complete ripoff artists who introduce new scam charges almost every single week.

Especially noteworthy at Nationwide is avoiding the 2.65% foreign exchange rate levy on Credit Card use abroad and the £2 flat rate + 2.65% foreign exchange rate levy on cash withdrawals from credit card machines.  I see that they have finally started to advertise this in a big way, although currently only in relation to the credit card rather than in relation to the blue Visa debit card which is the cheapest way to make foreign cash withdrawals.

The only concern with Nationwide I have is that they do use 0845 numbers for some central call centres like their Internet helpline, even though the branches all have geographic numbers.  However I am hoping that as soon as 03 numbers are available that they will repllace the 0845s with these instead.

IP Logged

bbb_uk
Global Moderator

Reply #6 - Jun 20th, 2006 at 7:21pm

Quote:
The only concern with Nationwide I have is that they do use 0845 numbers for some central call centres like their Internet helpline, even though the branches all have geographic numbers.  However I am hoping that as soon as 03 numbers are available that they will repllace the 0845s with these instead.
I'm also with Nationwide for these reasons.  I honestly believe that they only use 0845 for its advanced call routing, etc and not to rob people unlike TSB, etc.  They were probably missold the 0845, same as many other companies, on the promises that it is cheaper for us to ring them.

With Nationwide you can freely ring their international number for the call centre instead of the 0845 without any hassle about where you are calling from, etc unlike A&L.
« Last Edit: Jun 20th, 2006 at 7:21pm by bbb_uk »  

IP Logged

dad2711

kent
Reply #7 - Jun 25th, 2006 at 11:07pm

We to have a nationwide card and have used it in spain and italy with in the last year no charges no probs and a gero number to the local town branch Smiley

dad2711 &&I try to find numbers :--  but now im getting better at finding them

IP Logged

Alternative

Reply #8 - Jun 26th, 2006 at 12:27pm

Hi there NGM.  I have a Geo number for the Nationwide.  Try 01793 456789 or 656837.  They also have a freephone no - 0800 30 20 10.  HQ is in Swindon.  Yes the Nationwide are good - I've been with them for several years now.  Have a flex account.

IP Logged

NonGeographicalMan
Ex Member

Reply #9 - Jun 27th, 2006 at 12:31am

Alternative wrote on Jun 26th, 2006 at 12:27pm:
Hi there NGM.  I have a Geo number for the Nationwide.  Try 01793 456789 or 656837.  They also have a freephone no - 0800 30 20 10.  HQ is in Swindon.  Yes the Nationwide are good - I've been with them for several years now.  Have a flex account.

I agree there are workarounds to avoid most Nationwide 0845 numbers but that isn't the point.  The point is that being as customer focused as they are Nationwide should only use geographic numbers and should replace the 0845s with Voip routing georaphic numbers on normal 01 or 02 codes.

I have just had the papers to vote at their AGM and will be making this very point to their Chairman and CEO both of whom making a big point of saying they read respond personally to correspondence from investors in their Building Society.

And don't forget that after Spring 2008 0845 will still be a ripoff even thought 0870 won't be.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: DaveM, Forum Admin, bbb_uk, Dave, CJT-80)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge