Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
186k Ltd Group: eZee DSL/Ezeedsl & others (Read 12,308 times)
Wortle

186k Ltd Group: eZee DSL/Ezeedsl & others
Jul 7th, 2006 at 11:46am

Paid up front for e7even broadband for 2 years
Company stopped providing service on 30/6 with an easy transfer scheme to this company ezee dsl.
Had 3 days ok service for another monthly payment up front then Thurs whole system went down. I phoned their 0871 number on 5 occasions and the shortest queue number I was given was 31 in front!
Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

Number
0871 2401122

195 North St Leeds
LS7 2AA

~ Thread title edited by Dave
« Last Edit: Sep 16th, 2006 at 9:11pm by Dave »  

IP Logged

Heinz
Supreme Member

Essex
Re: ezeedsl
Reply #1 - Jul 7th, 2006 at 12:46pm

They're BB prices are expensive (http://www.ezeedsl.co.uk/index.html).

I have to say too that their use of the phrase 'national rate' for an 0871 number which costs 10p/minute to call from a BT residential landline would raise an 'avoid' flag to me:

Quote:
If you complete the Ezee DSL sign-up process, we will provide you with a UK national rate number. Under Ezee DSL, these calls will be charged at a national rate, meaning that any support calls will no longer cost you £1 per minute, which you may well be used to having to pay.

Additionally, their name doesn't come up when you do a Royal Mail postcode search (although the address does exist).

Having had your fingers burnt, wouldn't it be better to go to a more 'mainstream' company?
« Last Edit: Jul 7th, 2006 at 12:58pm by Heinz »  

After years of ignoring govt. guidelines & RIPPING OFF Council Tax payers using 0845 numbers, Essex County Council changed to 0345 numbers on 2 November 2015
IP Logged

Wortle

Reply #2 - Jul 7th, 2006 at 2:15pm

Oh yes , but hey have got you over a barrel with the Mac thing...at that's the one thing I KNOW is true. When we last change provider it was 7 weeks before we got connected again.

IP Logged

Heinz
Supreme Member

Essex
Reply #3 - Jul 7th, 2006 at 8:59pm

Isn't 14th July the end date - when you can just start again?  That's only a week.

Quote:
What if I want to go to another provider?

Because we were not previously your Broadband provider we are not able to generate the transfer code that you need (otherwise referred to as a mac key - Migration Authorisation Code).

If you decide you do want to change provider, you will need to wait for your existing service to officially end on 14th July. A new adsl broadband service can then be ordered which will take, on average, an additional 10 working days. This is due to the time restrictions that are in place with BT when processing the closure of your old E7even UK Limited service.
« Last Edit: Jul 7th, 2006 at 9:02pm by Heinz »  

After years of ignoring govt. guidelines & RIPPING OFF Council Tax payers using 0845 numbers, Essex County Council changed to 0345 numbers on 2 November 2015
IP Logged

a very nice man
Supreme Member

England
Reply #4 - Jul 7th, 2006 at 9:19pm

There was a conversation about E7even a while ago.
http://www.saynoto0870.com/cgi-bin/forum/YaBB.cgi?num=1139409274/1#1

Unfortunately the warnings were out there, but you weren't a member then.
However, if you check my post on that page you will find some land numbers. Hopefully they will help you.

Wooden balance bikes for only £35 + postage. www.easycyclers.co.uk
IP Logged

Wortle

Reply #5 - Jul 8th, 2006 at 3:46am

Yes heinz in theory, but thru past experience I do believe the wait after that will be at least 10 days and then again through past experience there can be other problems.

Very nice man. Thank you for trying, but the geographical I was looking for was for the Leeds office of the ezeedsl, the 0871 for the same is posted above

IP Logged

a very nice man
Supreme Member

England
Reply #6 - Jul 8th, 2006 at 7:54am

ezeedsl are part of the 186k group.  Their partner in the takeover of e7even is tiscali
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/07/03/byebye_e7even/
The rather less fly-by-night looking EzeeDSL, part of the 186k group, has been installed to offer the easy way out to E7even customers

http://www.ispreview.co.uk/light.php?search=E7even
The rescue, co-managed by Tiscali Wholesale, will mean that customers will not suffer any disruption in their services.

1866k are based at 195 NORTH STREET LEEDS LS7 2AA
Also based here are
Net Basics                                     0113 246 0009
Elite Internet services ltd
PIPEX COMMUNICATIONS BUSINESS SOLUTIONS LTD  0870 127 8008                       0113 294 4321 (fax)

At the moment I can't help more as I've got to dash. But perhaps you could make contact via one of the others if they are sharing the same office, if you can find matching numbers.

Wooden balance bikes for only £35 + postage. www.easycyclers.co.uk
IP Logged

Wortle

Reply #7 - Jul 8th, 2006 at 9:27am

Thanks, will try during office hours

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Re: 186k Group
Reply #8 - Sep 16th, 2006 at 9:11pm

a very nice man wrote on Jul 8th, 2006 at 7:54am:
ezeedsl are part of the 186k group.

[...]

1866k are based at 195 NORTH STREET LEEDS LS7 2AA

The 186k website says that they are based next door at 197 North Street. There is a number for 186k in the unverified listings: 0113 3360922. This is also given as the alternative for Mailbox Internet.

Other companies also operated by 186k Ltd are:

There may be others, the news page on 186k's site is here. I can't find a page that lists all the names it goes by, but it looks as though the company, which is run by Dominic Marrocco, has been snapping up different ISPs.

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Re: 186k Ltd Group: eZee DSL/Ezeedsl & others
Reply #9 - Sep 16th, 2006 at 9:29pm

I think that the number will be 0113 33609xx as I tried nearby numbers:

911 CNC Solutions (or CMC Solutions)
912 "Thank you for holding, calls may be recorded..." (no clue as to what company it's for) then you're placed in a queue
913 Mailbox Internet
914 "Thank you for holding, calls may be recorded..." (no clue as to what company it's for) then you're placed in a queue
915 "Thank you for holding, calls may be recorded..." (no clue as to what company it's for) then you're placed in a queue
916 No answer
917 Carpeck [unsure of the exact name] support
918 "Thank you for calling. Support offices are available..." followed by opening times, but no clue as to what company
919 "Thank you for holding, calls may be recorded..." (no clue as to what company it's for) then you're placed in a queue
920 Mailbox Internet support
921 Fax
922 Mailbox Internet support
923 Lawn (unsure of spelling) Tennis Association
924 Sure Fish Technical support; just gives out two 0870 numbers !!
925 No answer

As you can see, there are a variety of different subsidary companies operating from the same office.

IP Logged

Trainer

south
Re: 186k Ltd Group: eZee DSL/Ezeedsl & others
Reply #10 - Aug 11th, 2007 at 12:03pm

Consider avoiding ezeedsl and associated companies. I was blackmailed into using ezeedsl after its associate closed down my previous ISP (overnight without notice). After 6 months appalling service (including taking payment from my card without authority and failure to answer any communication by e-mail, recorded delivery post or otherwise) I terminated the account. Ezeedsl failed to supply MAC codes in flagrant breach of OfCom Code of Practice. Only when I made a formal complaint to OfCom and OfCom ordered ezeedsl to supply the codes did it do so.

I filed a formal complaint with the ombudsman: and the arbitrator made a formal order that my complaint be upheld and ezeedsl make a payment to me with a formal apology. To this day I have not heard from ezeedsl.

These are nasty people: do not use them.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Forum Admin, Dave, bbb_uk, CJT-80, DaveM)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge