Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Arrow Referral 0870 4215411 (Read 10,679 times)
Johnny Debt

Arrow Referral 0870 4215411
Jul 10th, 2006 at 12:21pm

One of my clients had and account with Alliance & Leicester, this account has now been sold on to a debt collection company called:

Arrow Referral
0870 4215411

I have contacted A&L requesting an address, but the above is all the information that they would give.

Anyone know of a Geo number for this company, or a postal address for me to trace further?

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Re: Arrow Referral 0870 4215411
Reply #1 - Jul 10th, 2006 at 9:35pm

I would have thought that they would have to provide a proper company name, company number, address and so on, as your client now owes this company money.

I Googled and I thought it might have something to do with Blue Arrow, but I think that's a recruitment agency, amongst other things.

It could be Arrow FinanceUndecided

For the purposes of research (in the hope that we might get a company name or some other information) I've just called the 0870 number and it is answered by a very unhelpful fax machine.  Roll Eyes

I called the number before, 0870 4215410 and it has an American woman saying "This number is not in use. Goodbye." If that number belongs to Arrow and they are based in the US, then it could be Arrow Financial.

IP Logged

Johnny Debt

Reply #2 - Jul 11th, 2006 at 12:56pm

Arrow Global 10 Floor, 1 London Wall, London, EC2Y 5EZ

A little bit more information to be getting on with............off to do a search.

Cheers Dave for help so far.

IP Logged

Johnny Debt

Reply #3 - Jul 11th, 2006 at 1:13pm

My journey has so far taken me to http://www.deweyballantine.com/contact.cfm?contacts=office

The lady there says that Arrow Global rent an office from them. She has given me the following number 020 7456 6115. Sadly though it goes to voice mail.

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #4 - Jul 11th, 2006 at 1:17pm

Johnny Debt wrote on Jul 11th, 2006 at 1:13pm:
The lady there says that Arrow Global rent an office from them. She has given me the following number 020 7456 6115. Sadly though it goes to voice mail.

That's what I found. Other companies are at that address, see 192.com for some and a few if you put "ec2y 5ez" into Google.

They do seem to start 020 7456 6xxx, so try nearby numbers as they (sub-tenants included) obviously use the same phone system with the same range of numbers.

IP Logged

bbb_uk
Global Moderator

Reply #5 - Jul 11th, 2006 at 1:47pm

Dewey Ballantine is a multinational company following the link by Johnny Debt.

Nothing is mentioned about them renting offices to other clients but looking at what services Dewey Ballantine provide, I noticed it was the following:-

Acquisition Finance - representing banks, other financial institutions and their clients in a broad array of debt financing transactions.

Capital Markets - developing and implementing innovative structures for debt, equity, equity-linked, asset-backed and structured finance transactions, particularly in emerging markets

Energy - providing legal advice to participants in the electricity, natural gas and petroleum industries, from project developers, utilities, pipelines, producers and investors through to lenders and governmental entities

Mergers & Acquisitions - representing clients in complex international acquisitions, ventures and investments

Private Equity - acting for leading financial institutions and private equity houses in equity investments throughout Europe

Project Finance - advising on the development, financing, construction and operation of a wide range of capital intensive projects and facilities, we are widely acknowledged as one of the leading project finance practices in the world, and particularly well known for work in Central and Eastern Europe

Securitization/Structured Finance - advising an array of investment banks and other institutions in structuring financial products

Tax - providing U.S. and U.K. advice on the structuring of complex, cross border financial transactions, including M&A and capital markets transactions, as well as counselling multinational corporations on a wide range of international tax planning issues

It looks to me it could be their Acquisition Finance side of things maybe also trades as Arrow Referral as well!  The above information was taken from Dewey Ballantine's brochure here.

I always thought that if a company also trades under a another name then they had to declare it.  For example, our local card shop has a small sign in the window stating that the card shop is a trading name of another (bigger - i assume) company.

Even if Arrow Referral is not connected in any way with Dewey Ballantine then they must have a lot of money to rent offices in buildings like that in London.

« Last Edit: Jul 11th, 2006 at 1:48pm by bbb_uk »  

IP Logged

Johnny Debt

Reply #6 - Jul 11th, 2006 at 4:12pm

At last got through to Arrow Global on 020 7456 6115.

It would appear that they are a part of Dewey Ballantine. However I got the feeling that the whole setup is very new, certainly not the typical debt collection tele-sales/account call centre that I am used to dealing with. The impression I got was that it was all in the process of being developed.

Oh well, at least my client has some breathing space for now with them, as she is not yet on their system.

Thanks all for your help.

IP Logged

PJH123

Reply #7 - Jul 11th, 2006 at 6:21pm

The qucikest way to establish if they are a DCA is via the Office Of Fair Trading - Consumer Credit Licensing Branch, they will give you details held against the trading name in office hours. If they dont have a record then it isnt a Debt Collection Agency.

OFT CCL : 0207 211 8000

IP Logged

Johnny Debt

Reply #8 - Jul 12th, 2006 at 9:08am

PJH123 Good hit!! I can now confirm that Arrow Global do have a CCL and are operating from 1 London Wall. They do also have another Arrow Global listed, and they are US based.

Cheers.

IP Logged

vandermerwe

West Midlands
Reply #9 - May 8th, 2007 at 12:33pm

Just heard from Arrow Global, LLC regarding an MBNA credit card I'm paying of through a Debt Management  Plan administered by the Consumer Credit Counselling Service.

From what I can learn they're a bunch of Yankee newbies punting what could be a loan shark (www.blackandwhite.co.uk) and a debt collector Credit & Business Services Ltd., Hatfield Road, St. Albans.  That address sounds vaguely familiar but I could be wrong.

Have a phone number: 01727 731773.

Perhaps I'm going to extradited by a bunch of Yankee ****suckers who, as we all know, won World War II for which we had to pay them back every miserable cent they lent us.

Try Consumer Action Group for more info.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Forum Admin, DaveM, Dave, CJT-80, bbb_uk)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge