Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Another Victory - Equipower Replace 0845 with 0800 (Read 5,350 times)
NonGeographicalMan
Ex Member

Another Victory - Equipower Replace 0845 with 0800
Jul 18th, 2006 at 11:09am

Dear All,

Even though I sometimes feel that the struggle against Ofcom and the seething and ever growing ing tide of 084/7 numbers for which their own failure to take appropriate action is directly responsible is a hopeless one I am pleased to report on another victory.

This one is in the case of gas and electricity supplier www.equipower.co.uk who I recently moved both my gas and electricity supply to and in the course of doing so complained about their 0845 number, even though I had been able to call them on the geographic number listed in the Unverified numbers list section of this website.

They told me that they got 0845 originally because they are a small company and often redirect calls to staff at home etc at certain times which only NGNs allowed them to do.  They said originally when they got the 0845 it was costing people no more than other local calls but as they were aware it was now doing so they were getting an 0800 number in due course.

I visit their website today and low and behold the 0800 number is now in operation.

My only remaining complaint is that they still do not list a Geographic Number alternative for those calling on mobiles or from overseas on their website (even if this number would not be open for as many hours as the 0800 is answered for)
« Last Edit: Jul 18th, 2006 at 11:10am by N/A »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Forum Admin, Dave, CJT-80, bbb_uk, DaveM)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge