Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Foreign Embassies in London Non Geographic Numbers (Read 3,815 times)
me2

Foreign Embassies in London Non Geographic Numbers
Oct 17th, 2006 at 1:11pm

Foreign embassies in london have caught on to the non-geographic number craze and they are charging anything from £1.60 per minute to call them.even to make enquiries or book an appointment can easily cost you about 10minutes on the phone to them.You are also not allowed to go direct to their offices to make an enquiry, if you turn up they will simply give you "the" phone number to ring.

Lets not forget these most of these embassies owe a lot of money to congestion charging in central london which they are refusing to pay, yet they have the cheek to offer a premium rate phone line.
I shall be searching for the geographic numbers of all the embassies based in this country and let it be known to users of this site.IN THE MEAN TIME IF ANYONE COMES ACROSS ANY NUMBERS OF FOREIGN EMBASSIES/HIGH COMMISSION/CONSULAR OFFICE PLEASE DONT KEEP IT TO YOURSELF.
THANKS.

IP Logged

evilbunny

Re: Foreign Embassies in London Non Geographic Num
Reply #1 - Oct 17th, 2006 at 2:07pm

The US embassy in Australia has a premium rate number and they force you to call that number, or ask for credit card details for a once off $20 charge, and both times I needed to call it cost me about $20 each time... They charge you a lower rate when you are on hold, but it's still about $1.50/min, and then when you do speak to some one the charge goes up to $2.50 to $3/min...

IP Logged

saynonto0871

UK
Re: Foreign Embassies in London Non Geographic Num
Reply #2 - Oct 22nd, 2006 at 2:35pm

This is just a case of people having no choice so let's fleece them.
British Embassies abroad do it as well.
$2.80/minute on a 1-900 number to conact high commission for PASSPORT or visa enquiries.
They've even got a UK 09 number which connects through for £1.50/min
All run by a company called ABTRAN which is some kind of Capita type outsourcing operation.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: CJT-80, bbb_uk, Dave, Forum Admin, DaveM)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge