Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
RoboTelecom stop connecting 0870 Numbers (Read 19,346 times)
jasonfields007

RoboTelecom stop connecting 0870 Numbers
Oct 19th, 2006 at 11:11am

Pretty much how the inital post went,

Hi I'm Jason Fields, Managing director of RoboTelecom.

We've decided to stop promoting and connecting new 0870 numbers as we are unsure about changes affecting these numbers in the future.

I then went on to explain a few of the benefits of 0845 numbers and why companies choose them.

If you have any questions regarding 0845 or 0870 numbers, I would be happy to help...

Regards

Jason Fields
RoboTelecom
« Last Edit: Oct 19th, 2006 at 12:21pm by jasonfields007 »  

IP Logged

ThisWebsiteIsAScam

Or Why Did NGM Leave SayNoTo0870.com

Surrey, United Kingdom
Re: We have stopped connecting 0870 numbers
Reply #1 - Oct 19th, 2006 at 11:34am

jasonfields007 wrote on Oct 19th, 2006 at 11:11am:
1. Customers call at lo-call rate
-
saving many national callers money on call costs

2. Monthly statistics to track incoming calls for advertising

3. Disaster recovery if their landline go's down we can move the 0845 number to another landline (this is very important for some companies)

4. The number never changes if you move address, it moves with you

The reason you have in fact now stopped promoting 0870 is because the scam on those numbers only has another year to run and you and your scamming clients with then be embracing 0871 numbers instead, especially if ICSTIS control is as watered down as now seems likely.

As to the rest of your comments that 0845 is Lo-Call the reality is that BT have now dropped this highly miselading term and are now showing 0845 rate on the latest phone bills.  0845 costs vast amounts of extra money for millions of uk landline customers who have signed up with BT Option 3 or with WLR or CPS providers for all 01/02 calls plans (often deliberately mismarketed by scheming telecoms companies like your own as being to all uk landline calls) find these calls are excluded from these plans.  The only people who save money on 0845 compared to what they would pay for a national call are those on the Light User Scheme.  And by definition those customers hardly make any phone calls and I'm sure a large number of those lines are in rarely used country cottages in Wales and Scotland.

You know perfectly well 0845 is a complete scam and surely you must know you are wasting your time here by trying to regail us with the pathetic lies with which you con clients like local authorities every day of the week into signing up for these numbers.

Perhaps you can tell me as and when 03 prefixed numbers with all the routing feature advantages of 084/7 but without the added call cost to the consumer are launched next year whether you will be marketing those to any of your clients? Wink Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: Oct 19th, 2006 at 11:34am by ThisWebsiteIsAScam »  

IP Logged

bbb_uk
Global Moderator

Reply #2 - Oct 19th, 2006 at 11:35am

This has been discussed many times before.

For a start you still state that your 0845 calls are local rate in your FAQ's.

In your business, you should be aware that 0845 isn't local rate at all and hasn't been for nearly two years now.  BT charge the same cost for either local or national geographical calls regardless of where called from and destination.  Eg, a call from London to Scotland costs the same amount as calls made next door to your neighbour.

If you've read recent Ofcom announcements you'll be aware that Ofcom, ASA and trading standards all agree that 084x/087x numbers are NOT local/national rate and should not be described as such.

BT charge 3p/min daytime but only 5.5p/min during the evening & weeknd for upto an hour's talk so how can 0845 be local rate when the prices are different?

I agree NGN's do have their needs in businesses but this comes at a cost to us consumers who pay more for these calls because they're not included in most inclusive price plans.

I bet you didn't know that 0845 can cost upto 40p/min from some networks hence why the 0845 is local rate is just something you use to try and sell your product to companies.  This has the potential to you actually misleading your customers as well.

Are you aware that Ofcom are introducing 03x numbers which will be NGN's as well with the same benefits as existing 084x/087x numbers except that us consumers will only pay actual local rate for the call and if we have inclusive minutes then these 03x numbers will be included.

In fact, when 0870 lose their revenue share they will have the same features as they do now except you lose your profit so you can't say that the reason for these numbers is purely for their call routing advantages and statistics when you will stop selling 0870 because you lose out on all that profit despite the fact that the features available now for 084/087 numbers will be available for 0870.
« Last Edit: Oct 19th, 2006 at 11:37am by bbb_uk »  

IP Logged

jasonfields007

Re:
Reply #3 - Oct 19th, 2006 at 11:39am

-
« Last Edit: Oct 19th, 2006 at 11:49am by jasonfields007 »  

IP Logged

bbb_uk
Global Moderator

Reply #4 - Oct 19th, 2006 at 11:49am

I wasn't being hostile.

I agree there are benefits from NGN's but you stopping the selling of 0870 just means that the real reason is your profits from each minute someone calls that number is lost.

If your main concern for these numbers was to offer these benefits then why stop 0870?  They will continue to have the same benefits as they do now along with 0845 except your revenue from every minute someone calls it will be lost.

ThisWebSiteIsAScam had a valid point when he asked if you would be offering the new 03x numbers?

IP Logged

ThisWebsiteIsAScam

Surrey, United Kingdom
Reply #5 - Oct 19th, 2006 at 11:56am

jasonfields007 wrote on Oct 19th, 2006 at 11:39am:
I'm not BT or Ofcom. I don't choose the prices that 0845 numbers are to call. I'm just offering a good alternative to companies that want them to save money from very high BT charges.

And what high BT charges would those be?  In my experience the high BT charges are all associated with NGNs.  Also in your mindless marketing man PR puff for the 0845 scam you don't mention that callers on mobile phones frequently have them excluded from their inclusive calling plans and have to pay up to 35p a minute or £21 an hour to call 0845 numbers.  People like callers to the JobCentre. Shocked Angry Angry

As a former local councillor I had to get a resolution passed by our council so they wouldn't be conned into being sold any more 0845 numbers that still terminated on our underlying geographic numbers by companies like yours.

I repeat my question.  Will your company be selling 03 numbers next year with all of the call routing advantages for your clients but none of the additional calling costs for customers.

The only reason you made your post on this site was because being a typical salesman you hoped that it might drum up some more customers for your whole unethical NGN selling business.

I take it as read that anyone who sells 084/7 numbers for a living has already had their ethics/morality chip blocked or removed.  In any event I often find many career salesman have no ethics or morality circuit to start with and will rearrange the truth in any way that is required to make a few more sales that week. In fact I often fear that many salesman would be quite capable of selling their own grandmother as long as there was another big commission involved. Shocked

IP Logged

ThisWebsiteIsAScam

Surrey, United Kingdom
Re: PLEASE DELETE
Reply #6 - Oct 19th, 2006 at 11:58am

What a typical slimey marketing man you must be jason fields.  I see you have now run a mile having finally realised that your scam has been rumbled.
« Last Edit: Oct 19th, 2006 at 11:58am by ThisWebsiteIsAScam »  

IP Logged

jasonfields007

Reply #7 - Oct 19th, 2006 at 11:59am

bbb_uk wrote on Oct 19th, 2006 at 11:49am:
I wasn't being hostile.

I agree there are benefits from NGN's but you stopping the selling of 0870 just means that the real reason is your profits from each minute someone calls that number is lost.

If your main concern for these numbers was to offer these benefits then why stop 0870?  They will continue to have the same benefits as they do now along with 0845 except your revenue from every minute someone calls it will be lost.

ThisWebSiteIsAScam had a valid point when he asked if you would be offering the new 03x numbers?

To be honest the amount we earn from revenue is minimal. We gave most of the revenue to the end user for 0870 anyway. I'm worried that the service providers will start charging excessive service charges for these numbers next year when the revenue is taken out.

We deal with 4 carriers so if we can get 03 numbers next year, then yes we will be offering them as I'm sure many companies will like them once the word spreads. I would assume it would just be a service charged based setup for companies for the advanced routing services. This is something I will be looking into.

I still don't agree that 0845 numbers are a scam. So many companies use them so they're not going away. It's up to Ofcom to sort them out. I wouldn't lose any sleep if we lost all our revenue from 0845 numbers as we charge service charges and annual charges for advanced services, the impact will be on the large carriers who have millions of minutes and smaller companies who give numbers away and now live off the collective revenue of several thousand NGNs.

Who knows what will happen in the future?

IP Logged

jasonfields007

Robotelecom
Reply #8 - Oct 19th, 2006 at 11:59am

No more 0870 number connections.

IP Logged

ThisWebsiteIsAScam

Surrey, United Kingdom
Re: Robotelecom
Reply #9 - Oct 19th, 2006 at 12:02pm

jasonfields007 wrote on Oct 19th, 2006 at 11:59am:
No more 0870 number connections.

Because there are no more fat profits in them for your clients from Feb 2008.

Will you be moving into selling 0871 numbers instead by any chance I wonder. Wink

IP Logged

bbb_uk
Global Moderator

Reply #10 - Oct 19th, 2006 at 12:07pm

jasonfields007 wrote on Oct 19th, 2006 at 11:59am:
To be honest the amount we earn from revenue is minimal. We gave most of the revenue to the end user for 0870 anyway. I'm worried that the service providers will start charging excessive service charges for these numbers next year when the revenue is taken out.
Basically, as 0870 from 2008 will be pretty-much the same as the new 03x numbers - you would have to look at other ways of receiving revenue like annual charges or setup fees, etc like you mentioned.

As mentioned in a previous post, the JobCentre that obviously use 0845 for their call routing facilities was annoyed and basically said so in their response to Ofcom as the JobCentre were under the impression they had chosen a local rate number and didn't realise they can be so expensive

In fact, most OCP's and CP's still refer to NGN numbers as local and national rate purely because it sells more numbers for them despite they are misleading their customers.

IP Logged

ThisWebsiteIsAScam

Surrey, United Kingdom
Robo Telecom 0870 Numbers
Reply #11 - Oct 19th, 2006 at 12:13pm

bbb_uk wrote on Oct 19th, 2006 at 12:07pm:
As mentioned in a previous post, the JobCentre that obviously use 0845 for their call routing facilities was annoyed and basically said so in their response to Ofcom as the JobCentre were under the impression they had chosen a local rate number and didn't realise they can be so expensive

I see that like the classic salesman he is he has now taken off like a cat with a scalded tail having finally realised that we have totally rumbled the whole NGN selling game.  He has even deleted the Thread name and replaced it with Please Delete.

It is of course a sign of a classic NGN saleman to have the nerve to imagine that posting in this forum was a good idea in the first place.

Perhaps you could lock the thread and change the name back to the one jason originally posted bb and ideally resurrect the posts he removed.  This would serve as a warning to forum members as to why they should never get their own 084/7 numbers.  This is definitely a case where if you can't beat the NGN scammers then you shouldn't join them either.
« Last Edit: Oct 19th, 2006 at 12:15pm by ThisWebsiteIsAScam »  

IP Logged

bbb_uk
Global Moderator

Re: Robo Telecom 0870 Numbers
Reply #12 - Oct 19th, 2006 at 12:17pm

ThisWebsiteIsAScam wrote on Oct 19th, 2006 at 12:13pm:
Perhaps you could lock the thread and change the name back to the one jason originally posted bb and ideally resurrect the posts he removed.
I can change the thread title but the posts have gone as I don't have a record of what he posted. - not entirely anyhow - just what you quoted.

IP Logged

jasonfields007

Reply #13 - Oct 19th, 2006 at 12:17pm

ThisWebsiteIsAScam wrote on Oct 19th, 2006 at 11:58am:
What a typical slimey marketing man you must be jason fields.  I see you have now run a mile having finally realised that your scam has been rumbled.

1st of all i'm not concidering offering 0871 numbers. I don't agree with companies earning revenue from their customers calling them directly. For that they should use a premium rate number with clear call costs listed.

I'm happy to talk to you. I just don't need the agro to be honest! My reasoning for coming on here today was not to drum up business.

I was just interested to see what people had to say about 0870 numbers.

Shall we start over?

Let me explain a bit about me before I get gunned any more!

1st of all i'm not a salesman. I'm a web developer. I'm 19 years old and run several IT and telecoms companies. I started promoting 0845 numbers after getting one for my own web design company 4 years ago. My 1st 0845 number service was called UK0845.com which became RoboTelecom when our services increased to Outbound and mobile services. I've always thought of the 0845 service as a happy service. Saving companies from paying for inbound calls and saving customers call costs when ringing from a national location. As you are aware over the last few years landline call costs have been seriously reduced, and the 0845 service has not caught up yet. The call cost does need to be reduced to come into line with normal call costs. This doesn't make 0845 numbers evil. It just is an issue that needs to be sorted out. Just remember how much it used to call to dial a national location!

I can understand your reasons for setting up this site, and for having issues with NGNs. NGN providers exist for a reason and that reason is that there is a demand for these numbers.

IP Logged

bbb_uk
Global Moderator

Reply #14 - Oct 19th, 2006 at 12:21pm

jasonfields007 wrote on Oct 19th, 2006 at 12:17pm:
I can understand your reasons for setting up this site, and for having issues with NGNs. NGN providers exist for a reason and that reason is that there is a demand for these numbers.
For which most of us understand.  What annoys us is that most end businesses use these numbers not just for the call routing but because of the revenue they get in return.

Therefore these are stealth premium rate numbers.  I use the word stealth because most consumers are still being mislead over the actual costs of these numbers and the fact that the end company they are calling is more than likely earning money.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: CJT-80, bbb_uk, Dave, DaveM, Forum Admin)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge